LEGO Deals 3

Yup hold onto it, if they never catch on, which they prob won’t, keep it sealed and once it retires you’ll have a nice set to flip

Sometimes I feel like the “Lego shipped me doubles” is something intentional on their part to drive viral marketing. “Sure I could buy from Amazon but if I buy from Lego direct there’s a chance they could just randomly ship me a second full set.”

Sometimes I feel like the “Lego shipped me doubles” is something intentional on their part to drive viral marketing. “Sure I could buy from Amazon but if I buy from Lego direct there’s a chance they could just randomly ship me a second full set.”
This is a thing that happens a lot?
I once got a free $13 Batman set, however it was listed as free on the order list.

All the Massholes here, or people that ship to Massachusetts, it's tax free weekend.

TRU sent me two Scooby Doo lego mansions once. I returned the one to get a free set. In hindsight I should have just kept it sealed

All right, I've got a serious question for you guys.  

I have a 2009 Darth Vader's Tie Fighter #8017 still sealed.  The 2009 sets were the ones with the chrome Vaders randomly inserted in the boxes, right?  So, the official Lego weight for the set is 550 grams, but mine weighs 565 grams.  The chrome Vader polybag is supposed to weigh about 10 grams.  I can sell the set sealed for $200+, but a chrome Vader can fetch $500.  Open box with sealed bags will get $100+ I estimate.

So, do I open it and risk losing half its value, but possibly get a chrome Vader?  Or leave it sealed and max the sets value?

Discuss.

I never knew the chrome Vaders were so high. The 6 month Bricklink average is $220 for USED! I have two, but I'm missing one. I forgot where they went. My uncle works with plastics and he used to do something for The LEGO Group, they gave the Chrome Vaders out like candy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The cloud city boba is at ridiculous levels, these social media bandits love the attention. If I showed my crap off these tards would bust a nut.

Walmarts near me starting to hit next clearance drop. Star Wars stuff is long gone but did find some things 50%+. Mostly Disney and City. Probably not worth going out of your way but store near me that doesn’t mark their clearance had decent selection left.

Old Harry Potter train was $49

Walmarts near me starting to hit next clearance drop. Star Wars stuff is long gone but did find some things 50%+. Mostly Disney and City. Probably not worth going out of your way but store near me that doesn’t mark their clearance had decent selection left.

Old Harry Potter train was $49
Buy 10 and you can make an amazing train and an actual station.

Wife found Belle Castle and Jurassic World Baryonyx sets for 50% at target

Inventoried my Lego Dimensions collection, have 53/63 released sets. Used value is just over $800, now to find the best place to list them

I regret not getting those Dimensions packs when they were $5 at some dollar type stores...they can get 10 times that now.
I regret paying full retail for some early on. I still see the base game at places like Big Lots.

My memory is crap but I seem to remember having to work to find the final wave of expansions in stores. I think at that point the Skylanders, etc era was fading and retailers had enough.

I feel like based on the clearances/discount stores that Dimensions was a flop. If so it was one of Lego’s best flops considering all the random licenses aimed at parents. Mr. T, lol

I regret not getting those Dimensions packs when they were $5 at some dollar type stores...they can get 10 times that now.
They were going for next to nothing on ebay and I regret not aggressively buying them then. I just saw like 10 sell for $85. I was watching it because I wanted more Doctor Who figures. Those were $3 at Target.

There were so many deals all the time at all the major retailers, don’t think I ever paid full price for anything
And some of the ones that weren’t high on my priority list I got when it was all ending at the dollar store
Was surprised when I started cataloging everything how much some of them were going for

$300 and comes out next month. Will be shown off officially next week.
lego-21335-motorisierter-leuchtturm-erstes-bild-01.jpg

People on promobricks were complaining about price too saying it's like the fish market and should be $150.

That set came out 10 years ago and would be $200 plus this has a motor.

Is $300 too much? Yep but Europe will have it for 40% off and tax is included.

The original lighthouse submission was really classy and micro-scale … the bump up to minifig scale and open back kind of cheapen it for me. Might still pick it up later in the year, but went from a day one purchase to lower down the list after seeing it. Doesn’t feel like a $300 value.

The original lighthouse submission was really classy and micro-scale … the bump up to minifig scale and open back kind of cheapen it for me. Might still pick it up later in the year, but went from a day one purchase to lower down the list after seeing it. Doesn’t feel like a $300 value.
As WingsDJ said the studs are for you to stick a panel on the back of the lighthouse. It will be 100% enclosed.

Target sent another email for the Marvel modular that's on backorder so don't forget to approve the new date again.

That looks smaller than the Orthanc that was $200.

I don't know, I think they should have just made it a $200 set without the motor, and made the motor optional. I doubt it's bright enough to look right.

Let's be real, the set was NEVER going to be $200. Lego is overpriced to death. I do like it being Minifigures scale because the micro scale made the lighthouse look too tall.

I have a few lighthouses. I regret not getting the Hidden Side one but the Scooby one is fine by me.

And the LOTR tower wouldn't be less than $300 today.

That looks smaller than the Orthanc that was $200.

I don't know, I think they should have just made it a $200 set without the motor, and made the motor optional. I doubt it's bright enough to look right.
Are we sure it includes the motor? I had heard it might be removed and just include a light brick … which makes it even harder to justify the price … with that said, I feel like I may still buy it before the end of the year 😒

Box only says "light included." I'd bet all my shares in Lego that it has a manual crank that can be "upgraded." Like the Haunted Mansion.

bread's done
Back