LEGO Deals 3

LEGO News

GWP for January

The Rabbit New Year set for $85

A micro-house for $250 (WTF?)

Blacktron is supposedly $190 and be out on Sunday.

Spring / Summer sets...
Carl's House from Up for $55 

Loads of Disney 100th Birthday sets

Tons of Brickheads

$500 LotR castle comes out in March (probably microscale)

LEGO Ideas A frame is Feb for $200

K-Pop set is $100 in March

Space plaques are $50 and in May

5 Sonic Playsets will be released in August. They have minifigures and connect together. Sonic will have some time of ball to launch him.

New Mars Technic rover

Spiderman art set

Minecraft Box 4.0 and some more sets for the summer

A new line of 4+ sets (probably based on a Disney license.)

Supposed to get a City apartment. Plus Arctic and Underwater a passenger plane and a 2000 piece Urban City set.

NinjaGo will be getting a reboot too with what sounds like some new ninjas.

I want a gray Gondor. I know it's supposed to be white, but it just ends up hiding all the details and textures.

(Minas Tirith)

Barad-dur would also make sense, opposite of Orthanc that they already made.

Last edited by a moderator:
So last Friday I went to my storage unit to get my kids Christmas gifts I had hidden there - someone had broken in and stolen everything in there (Funko, movie posters, lightsabers) but also about 80% of my LEGO collection, everything that I didn’t have at home
Went through a million emotions, pretty crappy Christmas
Insurance will cover some of it but I’m still going through trying to account for everything missing, which is a lot
A local collectible shop ended up with some (maybe all) of my items, saw the identifiable stuff on their IG page. They are going to supply law enforcement with the name of the person who brought it all in
So I’m kinda feeling like my collecting days are behind me but then the Disney rumors spark my interest. Will have to see what they look like and gauge my interest when they come out but right now I’m just still pissed, sad

So last Friday I went to my storage unit to get my kids Christmas gifts I had hidden there - someone had broken in and stolen everything in there (Funko, movie posters, lightsabers) but also about 80% of my LEGO collection, everything that I didn’t have at home
Went through a million emotions, pretty crappy Christmas
Insurance will cover some of it but I’m still going through trying to account for everything missing, which is a lot
A local collectible shop ended up with some (maybe all) of my items, saw the identifiable stuff on their IG page. They are going to supply law enforcement with the name of the person who brought it all in
So I’m kinda feeling like my collecting days are behind me but then the Disney rumors spark my interest. Will have to see what they look like and gauge my interest when they come out but right now I’m just still pissed, sad
sorry to hear that. thats one of the dumbest criminals out there. putting stuff up on social media that quick.

That sucks, your getting your stuff back, right? Seems a little targeted, someone must have seen what you had in there. Also, where’s this shop located at?

That's shitty. Hope they catch the person.

Welcomed in the new year by buying another Flower Fruit Mountain. 20% off not as good a deal as elsewhere previously, but needed something to get me to $190.  

That completely sucks. Hopefully you get it back and they get the asshole. When I was very young some assholes from an Asian restaurant stole our garden and gnomes. We actually got all the stuff back, including the peppers which we replanted. No, not joking. So hopefully you get all your stuff back.

That's shitty. Hope they catch the person.

Welcomed in the new year by buying another Flower Fruit Mountain. 20% off not as good a deal as elsewhere previously, but needed something to get me to $190.
I'm not getting to $190 as I completely blew my 2022 LEGO budget, but the Blacktron ship and new year parts pack will be worth the price difference. Again, awesome set.

I spent $51 on the heart ornament, 2 pinatas, daffidils, keychain, new year polybag and VIP Rewards had a panda bear for 500 points. Redeemed the extra points LEGO gave me for a screw up and all the things came to $32. Budget saved.

(If the modular was $200 still I'd probably buy it for the Blacktron but nope, I'll wait for a sale.)

I was last at my storage right after thanksgiving and my stuff was posted on the stores IG page on Dec 13 so the stuff was stolen in that window.
Don’t know of anyway I was targeted, I went to storage every couple of months and no one was ever in or lingering in the aisle where my unit was located. Several units in my aisle had locks tampered with, I was just the unlucky one. But looking at social media and some local collectors groups I’m in, storage unit thefts have been widespread of late
No idea if I’m gonna get my stuff back, waiting to hear from sheriff department. The store sold some of my higher end items already, let me put some stuff aside until this is resolved.

I was last at my storage right after thanksgiving and my stuff was posted on the stores IG page on Dec 13 so the stuff was stolen in that window.
Don’t know of anyway I was targeted, I went to storage every couple of months and no one was ever in or lingering in the aisle where my unit was located. Several units in my aisle had locks tampered with, I was just the unlucky one. But looking at social media and some local collectors groups I’m in, storage unit thefts have been widespread of late
No idea if I’m gonna get my stuff back, waiting to hear from sheriff department. The store sold some of my higher end items already, let me put some stuff aside until this is resolved.
I'm not sure what the laws are around here regarding receiving stolen merchandise but I'm sure he's obligated to put everything on hold for now pending investigation knowing that he knows it's stolen. Best of luck, really sucks your going through this, I can only imagine how deep of a pit you must have felt in your stomach.

I'm not sure what the laws are around here regarding receiving stolen merchandise but I'm sure he's obligated to put everything on hold for now pending investigation knowing that he knows it's stolen. Best of luck, really sucks your going through this, I can only imagine how deep of a pit you must have felt in your stomach.
Yea, it's like that in most places. They're not allowed to sell things that are suspected stolen.

Some of your stuff? All your stuff should be held somewhere. The thrift store might have records of who bought your things, aka stolen goods and those should be taken back. Everything in the store that's yours should be in a police evidence locker.

In a perfect world yes that would happen. I seriously doubt they’re going to go through and call the folks who bought my stuff. The night I went to the store with sheriff department I was allowed to walk through and set aside items I recognized as mine until sheriff department has conducted its investigation. It’s been a slow moving process so far though so I’m not too hopeful.

attachicon.gif
A559BD1A-8E02-447E-86A0-677890AADD07.jpeg
For good reason.

Sooooo… I made a store pick up at Barnes and noble and at least this store opens up their stuff and keeps the boxes up on display. I’m not picking up a LEGO that’s been opened at regular price. Almost as bad as getting something spider wrapped.

Sooooo… I made a store pick up at Barnes and noble and at least this store opens up their stuff and keeps the boxes up on display. I’m not picking up a LEGO that’s been opened at regular price. Almost as bad as getting something spider wrapped.
They open it up and stick them on display and sell them for new? Who does B&N think they are? Gamestop?!

New 'LEGO Dreamzzz' rumours...

"Mateo and Izzy are the main characters who travel through their dreams with the help of purple mushrooms on a special ship controlled by chimpanzees (the concept is similar to the "Time Cruisers" line). Each set represents a specific dream, so the sets will be quite different from each other."
That sounds fun!

Still working on cataloging everything that was stolen. This would’ve been a lot easier had I been keeping up with updating my brickset account. I had never moved a box of instructions from home to storage so while it was helpful in cataloging, it just made me pissed and sad all over again while doing it.

Still working on cataloging everything that was stolen. This would’ve been a lot easier had I been keeping up with updating my brickset account. I had never moved a box of instructions from home to storage so while it was helpful in cataloging, it just made me pissed and sad all over again while doing it.
If the guy is caught let me know. I'd like to give him a pounding and not in the fun way for him.

Im from the midwest and i have a store called meijer. was walking down the aisle and a lego mario "haunt and seeK" set just appeared out of nowhere. It scanned for $40 bucks. I had to take it. Since I started collecting them, have not seen that set in a store at all.

The Lunar New Year stuff should be available tonight. I'm actually a little annoyed that they're making it available so late. It's like selling Christmas lights starting a week before Christmas. Who knows if they'll even be here by lunar new years, which is relatively early on the Gregorian calendar this year (Jan 22).

The Lunar New Year stuff should be available tonight. I'm actually a little annoyed that they're making it available so late. It's like selling Christmas lights starting a week before Christmas. Who knows if they'll even be here by lunar new years, which is relatively early on the Gregorian calendar this year (Jan 22).
They probably will get to you by January 22nd. I'm more annoyed that the USA price is $140, not including taxes when the Euro price is 100 with taxes included. AND Europe got the sets on Christmas or Boxing day, even before Asian markets get the sets.

I'm curious if LEGO has an office building where the workers just sit there and think of stupid shit to do.

Lunar New Year sets are still available (except the Money Tree that went up earlier this month). I'm actually surprised. Feel like they sold out faster last year. Maybe people are sick of the price hikes

Lunar New Year sets are still available (except the Money Tree that went up earlier this month). I'm actually surprised. Feel like they sold out faster last year. Maybe people are sick of the price hikes
Yea, I was surprised too. I set a reminder to order because I wanted the $90 set.

I got my Gandalf from my Jan 1 order today. There's 2 errors in the instructions for Gandalf, which I don't think I've encountered before. There's two more lore errors but whatever. Also, his brain is right under his hat. There's no scalp or anything.

I'm impressed with some of the 2023 City sets. Usually, they are boring copies of previous ones. The Gaming Van, Vet Van and Police Dog Training sets are nice!

Finalized my spreadsheet of my stolen items - $11,483 in Lego sets (additional $7k in Funko and other collectibles
Used Brickset for collection tracking and market value purposes. About 90% of the LEGO sets were opened and the rest were still in box
Now to submit everything to insurance and see how that goes
Also finally spoke to sheriff department yesterday for initial statment, so it’s slow moving but at least I know it’s finally moving

The biggest problem with the red is it makes it looks so much like the theater, which is a great set, don’t get me wrong (it was my first modular afterall), but another “version” of it just a few years later definitely makes it hard to be excited to spend that kind of money on.

I saw that too, they said something about the original designer had it that color but LEGO changed the final version.
Other Lego designers said it was too 'cold' and changed it. Huge mistake to me. The red makes it look the fire station was converted into a club.

bread's done
Back