LEGO Deals 3

Did that 77013 Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark get a price drop? Thought it was $80 at one point but seeing it’s listed for $40 now

yeah the friends sets, esp some of the bigger ones have been 50% off at targets, stopped at another one today and saw more of them. If i found the theater one I would bite. 

The tv show one, 10292.

https://www.lego.com/en-us/product/the-friends-apartments-10292

I did see the theatre, and he mall 50% off too.
Oh, I might buy that for $75 but even still, it's a really meh set. I hope LEGO is taking a break from these TV apartment sets.

yeah the friends sets, esp some of the bigger ones have been 50% off at targets, stopped at another one today and saw more of them. If i found the theater one I would bite.
The Friends theater is awesome. As are all the bigger sets.

Best Buy just started a BF in July sale … was able to snag the Raiders temple set for $104. The bigger Friends TV set is also decently discounted and a few others.

Walmart + deals start in 15 minutes but only if you have a membership. Might be worth a look if Amazon price matches.

Never mind there are no LEGO deals. Or even video game deals. Breath of the Wild for $42 when Walmart had it for $30 at Black Friday.

LEGO VIP days will have double points for Friends, CITY, Harry Potter and Technic. So yay for you Technic fans here. Still no word on the purchase requirements for the GWPs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some Walmart / Amazon price matching deals. Copy / pasted from Brickset.

Latest >= 25% discounts

Quetzalcoatlus Plane Ambush

$29.97 ($44.99)

-33%

Lunar Space Station

$55.00 ($79.99)

-31%

The Ministry of Magic

$70.00 ($99.99)

-30%

Build Together

$70.00 ($99.99)

-30%

Hogwarts Magical Trunk

$46.00 ($64.99)

-29%

Organic Farm

$65.00 ($89.99)

-28%

>= 33% discounts on this year's sets

Extra DOTS Series 8 - Glitter and Shine

$2.00 ($3.99)

-50%

Bear Stunt Bike

$5.19 ($7.99)

-35%

Cyber Stunt Bike

$5.19 ($7.99)

-35%

4x4 Fire Truck Rescue

$6.49 ($9.99)

-35%

Honey has Hotel, Jazz Club and Police Station modulars with $40 cashback. And you get BlackTron, Bionicle and the funky polybag.

I bought the Jazz Club, $20 VIP points, $40 cashback, hopefully, and four freebies. {The blue VIP keychain is free in rewards].

Lego added some sets to its sales. Other than Lunar New Year sets at 20% off, nothing jumped out at me.

Happy to report that the Indiana Jones temple set arrived in pristine condition from Best Buy in a box that was exactly the size of the set. Some earlier buyers posted one star reviews stating they received damaged or open boxes, so glad BB stepped up since then.

Happy to report that the Indiana Jones temple set arrived in pristine condition from Best Buy in a box that was exactly the size of the set. Some earlier buyers posted one star reviews stating they received damaged or open boxes, so glad BB stepped up since then.
I think it’s just like Russian roulette with worst buy, they sent me the Ferrari last month with tape around the original box and a label slapped right on it.

I’ve severely limited myself from them in the past year, when I used to buy things exclusively from them I’ve decided to take my business elsewhere and find alternatives.

Was it a brown box that said LEGO on it?

I was able to price match it at Target in-store. It rang up $169.99 at the registers so be careful buying Lego there. Seems like they’re marking some stuff above MSRP

I thought everyone knew Target has a history of charging more in store than online. They don't do it all the time or all the sets but there are phases. People used to complain because if you ordered a set at home for in store pick up it be one price, but if you used the Target app and were close to a Target the sets would be a higher price.

yup they started doing it during the pandemic. I believe it was one of the Winter Village sets, maybe in 2021, they were charging like $30 over retail. Lots of places reported on it and they relented and marked it back down to retail. Like TheBigD said, they do it every now and then on some random set, seems to be no rhyme or reason to it. 

Harry Potter Gringotts Back supposed to be revealed on Jul 18, price supposed to be $429. I haven't seen details on piece or minifigure count. 

Some of the clearance prices on Legos dropped to 50% off at my local Walmart.  Annoyingly, some did not drop as well.  I picked up the Black Panther Throne Room and the Sunbird set for half.  Noticed the Bionicle Marvels dropped along with some Mario, city, friends, and stuntz sets.

I thought everyone knew Target has a history of charging more in store than online. They don't do it all the time or all the sets but there are phases. People used to complain because if you ordered a set at home for in store pick up it be one price, but if you used the Target app and were close to a Target the sets would be a higher price.
I know they have different sales online (lots of retailers do), but I hadn’t realized they priced above MSRP on some Lego sets. That’s TRU levels of scummy behavior

I think it’s just like Russian roulette with worst buy, they sent me the Ferrari last month with tape around the original box and a label slapped right on it.

I’ve severely limited myself from them in the past year, when I used to buy things exclusively from them I’ve decided to take my business elsewhere and find alternatives.
Ironically my LEGO direct order arrived crushed and the boxes they’re using are clearly thinner than what was shipped a few years ago. When I called customer support, they told me it was because of their commitment to the environment that they use more eco-friendly packaging. I asked (in a polite way) whether it was ecologically friendly to have to ship back damaged sets and reship new sets. I also asked whether their $200 limit on set returns to LEGO stores should be re-evaluated if they care about the environment. As always, the CSR was super upbeat, but they gave me some VIP points and sent me on my way. Luckily the Jazz Club had a light box indentation but the Bionicle set was completely crushed, which kills my resale plan.

Ironically my LEGO direct order arrived crushed and the boxes they’re using are clearly thinner than what was shipped a few years ago. When I called customer support, they told me it was because of their commitment to the environment that they use more eco-friendly packaging. I asked (in a polite way) whether it was ecologically friendly to have to ship back damaged sets and reship new sets. I also asked whether their $200 limit on set returns to LEGO stores should be re-evaluated if they care about the environment. As always, the CSR was super upbeat, but they gave me some VIP points and sent me on my way. Luckily the Jazz Club had a light box indentation but the Bionicle set was completely crushed, which kills my resale plan.
Same thing happened to me! The Jazz Club is smashed, one corner is really bad, but the Bionicle set is also smashed. The Blacktron set is fineI still need to contact LEGO.

If they can ship the sets to Walmart and Target why can't LEGO ship them decently?

I'm glad crushed boxes don't bother me because Lego shipping is a crap shoot like everyone mentions. I got a mall Monkie Kid set that was smashed in a way I couldn't even recreate. Like it was punched by a small forklift.

Lego sent my Eldorado Fortress in the form-fitting shipper that even has the "Don't put on shelf until July 4" sticker. GWPs were shipped separately, which is the best way because the larger the box, the less likely it can withstand a carrier's bad day.

Haven't had time to check Walmarts around me but I know they already were out of the sets that Reddit has been finding. Only stuff left at Target have been Mickey Dots at 70% off   

I'm glad crushed boxes don't bother me because Lego shipping is a crap shoot like everyone mentions. I got a mall Monkie Kid set that was smashed in a way I couldn't even recreate. Like it was punched by a small forklift.

Lego sent my Eldorado Fortress in the form-fitting shipper that even has the "Don't put on shelf until July 4" sticker. GWPs were shipped separately, which is the best way because the larger the box, the less likely it can withstand a carrier's bad day.

Haven't had time to check Walmarts around me but I know they already were out of the sets that Reddit has been finding. Only stuff left at Target have been Mickey Dots at 70% off
I'm not a huge box person but have issues when I'm paying $230 for a huge set and LEGO can't ship it decently. There is no reason they couldn't ship it in the better box they ship the sets to retailers in and then ship the GWP in a cheap small box.

Found the Viking 3 in 1 set for $60 at Walmart. Quite a few other clearance sets around 50% off … almost bought the overpriced Ewok 4+ set and the Vader Obi Wan slab set because the prices were finally decent … but decided the Viking set was enough. Couple good deals on Space and Mario sets too.

Figured the Viking set will be in demand when that Target exclusive Viking Village set launches.

Yesterday my local Walmart store had several sets clearanced at more than 50% off. They had the HP Ministry of Magic for $49 (down from $100), the 4+ RotJ/Ewok set for $17 (down from $35), the Luke helmet for $34 (down from $70), and more. I don’t have room on my Luke shelf for it, but I couldn’t pass on that deal!

$430 Sept 1 4808 pieces

Look real closely and it's on a 32x32 grey baseplate which is new. Also means the building itself can fit with the Alley set.

LEGO-Harry-Potter-Gringotts-Wizarding-Bank-Collectors-Edition-76417-5.jpg

I think that HP set looks cool. I don't follow HP so I won't be getting it, but why wouldn't JK like it?
The name of the bank is 'Gringotts Bank'. LEGO horrible sticker, seriously the worst I have ever seen, say 'Gringot ts Bank'. T is sometime short for 'trans' and the HP writer is a transphobic dumbfuck.

bread's done
Back