LEGO Deals 3

JC Penny Kids Club LEGO build on November 11.

https://www.jcpenney.com/m/kids-club

Who knew JC Penny was still around or that they had a kids club?
I knew they were still around because 20-25 years ago I always thought they would be the first to go, they outlasted so many other stores.

Didn't know about the kids club as children are little satans.

I finally gave in and placed a Fleet Farm order. Police Bike Chase, Arctic Snowmobile, Batwing, Ice Cream Shop and Slushy Truck for $66 and no tax. I have a feeling it will be canceled for some reason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I knew they were still around because 20-25 years ago I always thought they would be the first to go, they outlasted so many other stores.

Didn't know about the kids club as children are little satans.

I finally gave in and placed a Fleet Farm order. Police Bike Chase, Arctic Snowmobile, Batwing, Ice Cream Shop and Slushy Truck for $66 and no tax. I have a feeling it will be canceled for some reason.
You're not wrong as I have some myself.

My Fleet Farm order came in... kind of. I ordered five things, three are in the box, four are listed on the slip. The website is completely pointless. Checking emails and credit card they forgot a set.  :wall:

Target is the same price, save an extra 5%. It will be around for 4 years so I think it will go 30%+ off, $133, at some point.

Target has a bunch of sets for 20% off. A few older $10 are 30-40% off. Nothing special but might be worth a look.

https://www.target.com/b/lego/-/N-56h5nZakkosZ5tdv0Z55dgnZj48k8?type=products&moveTo=product-list-grid&sortBy=PriceLow

In 2024 we are getting a new X-Men jet set, same four characters as last time, 380 pieces... $80.

2024 Sonic figures.

101197_Screenshot%202023-10-23%20at%2011.46.16%E2%80%AFAM.png

$165.  :lol:
It's ONLY $150 at Target. Think this proves LEGO is increasing prices 10% a year just to see how high they can go before sales suffer.

10327-1.jpg

People on other websites are actually defending this... inflation... licensing... everything LEGO does is AMAZING!

I'll just keep talking to myself.  :lol:

My free LEGO from Walmart came in. I didn't even remember seeing a confirmation email.

that 2012 Avengers set is still retail on the secondary market too. 

I do like the Dune set but won't be picking it up. I am not excusing it by any means but 1300 pcs for $165 for a licensed set is not crazy by their current pricing strategy. BUT .. I did see the Hoopty in person over the weekend and that's just insane. I'd really like to understand the "logic" here. How long until these hit markdown?

that 2012 Avengers set is still retail on the secondary market too.
I do like the Dune set but won't be picking it up. I am not excusing it by any means but 1300 pcs for $165 for a licensed set is not crazy by their current pricing strategy. BUT .. I did see the Hoopty in person over the weekend and that's just insane. I'd really like to understand the "logic" here. How long until these hit markdown?
The cynic in me is starting to think Lego is intentionally making design decisions to up their piece counts because they know it’s a metric people use to gauge the price of a set.

Most popular set of the year can be yours starting November 1 when you spend $130.

$130

No wonder they brought back the goat, that series looks weak. My goats from Temu came in and look great.

I like the museum, but I don't love it. The rumours were that the skeleton would be in the entrance way and be really tall with stairs around it. It's rather 'ehh' on the inside and I feel needs more height. Maybe one more floor in the center section.

No wonder they brought back the goat, that series looks weak. My goats from Temu came in and look great.

I like the museum, but I don't love it. The rumours were that the skeleton would be in the entrance way and be really tall with stairs around it. It's rather 'ehh' on the inside and I feel needs more height. Maybe one more floor in the center section.
One of the pictures on the back looked like it had the skeleton inside. One might be an alt build.

One of the pictures on the back looked like it had the skeleton inside. One might be an alt build.
The skeleton fits on the inside, but on the right hand side. It doesn't have awe I was thinking it would, like you can see it from all the museum if you were minifigure size. It's nice, but for $300 I want to be really wowed. There are less pictures than normal and I think LEGO doesn't want you to notice how empty the inside is.

One more picture of the Museum with a lovely hot dog food truck that will probably be a GWP in January or February. 

LEGO-Icons-Natural-History-Museum-10326-4.jpg

So they've rebranded the modulars line? All part of Icons now? Or something?

I haven't bought a modular in a few years because they've been pretty average but this one looks pretty cool.

So they've rebranded the modulars line? All part of Icons now? Or something?

I haven't bought a modular in a few years because they've been pretty average but this one looks pretty cool.
You don't buy expensive sets? Creator Expert was renamed Icons 18-24 months ago.

You don't buy expensive sets? Creator Expert was renamed Icons 18-24 months ago.
I quit buying the modular buildings. I think the Diner was the last one I bought. The Bookshop was intriguing, as is the Jazz Club but I branched out into other expensive sets instead.

I quit buying the modular buildings. I think the Diner was the last one I bought. The Bookshop was intriguing, as is the Jazz Club but I branched out into other expensive sets instead.
Like what? Because other expensive sets are also labeled Icons. It's just LEGO marketing BS.

T-rex Breakout, T-Rex Rampage, Star Wars UCS sets, Batwing.... none of which are labeled Icon that I'm aware of.

Last one I did buy was Pac-Man, which is Icon labeled.

Jeep Wrangler 42122 is $25 for the Technic fans here.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HVYLS6L/ref=nosim?tag=bargainwatchusa-20

Kohls has $10 Kohls Cash for every $50 spent. Free shipping at $25. Had some sets for 30% off but the only thing left is the Harry Potter hospital at $35. 

Walmart deals starting the 8th. If they are in stock I'll be getting the fire station and a second Friends set for the animals that will probably be worth $30 when it's retired. [I copied and pasted from a Slick Deals topic.]

Active Walmart+ Membership has access at 12PM local time on November 8, 2023.

One of my local Costcos currently has the Star Wars, Marvel, and Harry Potter Advent Calendars for $24.97.

The purple oxygen tank is OOS, probably for good.
I was looking at them on Bricklink for comparison yesterday, about to put in an order, when their page went down for maintenance (allegedly due to a hack?). But they're back in stock at PaB along with all the other parts I was looking at (and as of right now still in stock, if anyone else is looking), so I made my purchase there. What's the deal with the dozens of pieces without images? It's been at least a week or two like that.

I was looking at them on Bricklink for comparison yesterday, about to put in an order, when their page went down for maintenance (allegedly due to a hack?). But they're back in stock at PaB along with all the other parts I was looking at (and as of right now still in stock, if anyone else is looking), so I made my purchase there. What's the deal with the dozens of pieces without images? It's been at least a week or two like that.
God damnnit. I placed like a $150 order the other day without the purple tanks.

There have been missing images for awhile. Lego just doesn't have the time or money to add them. Lego is a family run business you know. :wall: Some of the torsos missing pictures are from the NinjaGo Gardens so I picked them up.

Target has the Thanos and Hulk mechs for less than $10 this week. Friends Advent is $25, City is $26, the others are $33. The Huge Razor Crest is $480 if anyone missed it with LEGO. The Disney Villains set is $104. 

bread's done
Back