LEGO Deals 3

This pile of shit with a face is $100 and still comes with stickers!
76429-leak.jpg

Big daddy would definitely have been in ravenclaw.

Looking forward to the mini ninago city’s.

I know nothing about Harry Potter besides Ravenclaws are the only ones who have any fun.
The Space minifigures have leaked.... not good. The Ice Planet guy doesn't have a trans orange visor! Complete fail.

The Space minifigures have leaked.... not good. The Ice Planet guy doesn't have a trans orange visor! Complete fail.
Looks like the shape of the original Cyclops visor is molded into the helmet instead. Consider me whelmed. I'll seek out the M-Tron, Ice Planet, and Blacktron, and nurse figures, the rest I can take or leave. I like the UFO costume, but I was expecting print like that with the constellation for Orion rather than a stylized gladiator print on trans plastic. I see its on the shield, would've been more interesting as the figure itself though IMO.

What happened to that rewards/insider proposal to re-release old sets? They know 80s/90s space/castle/pirates is hot with the millennial demographic, give us the god-damned monorail you cowards (I know, tooling for parts is "too expensive.")

Lego won't even let the visors be trans smh
Lego has to keep the Harry Potter writer happy. :p

Looks like the shape of the original Cyclops visor is molded into the helmet instead.
Then you make the whole helmet trans orange. The whole thing that made Ice Planet awesome is the splash of trans orange. I couldn't even tell that's supposed to be an Ice Planet figure. I don't know how LEGO could fail at nostalgia.

I think when LEGO said 'old sets' it would be like 10-20 year old sets, not 40 year old sets.

Last edited:
had to run to Target today and of course it was a madhouse and the shelves were wrecked and pretty much barren ... but they did have new CMF and some of the new Creator, Friends and City Space sets out. I almost grabbed the camera but set it down at the last minute. I did get the roller skate for my wife and a couple CMF's though.

LEGO.com is having a sale. Loads of non LEGO brick junk but some finds in there. All 2023 Monkey Kid sets are 30% off, Marvel minifigures are $3.50, five pack of Star Wars blockheads are $24. Honey still has cash back on a bunch of the sale sets.

The Star Wars holiday set is $21 with $6 back in Honey so for $15 well worth it.

No GWPs though.

Last edited:
LEGO has the Friends Muppets Theatre set for $70 and Honey has $20 cash back. I think it's retiring and it's an awesome set.
Do you mean "Andrea's Theater School"? While similar to the Muppets Theatre from the show and the Lego Idea. Not what I was hoping for. Thanks for the tips all the same. Your link for the Sanctum Sanctorum set earlier, for that my wallet thanks you, lol.

Do you mean "Andrea's Theater School"? While similar to the Muppets Theatre from the show and the Lego Idea. Not what I was hoping for. Thanks for the tips all the same. Your link for the Sanctum Sanctorum set earlier, for that my wallet thanks you, lol.

HAHA! Yes. That's the set, it's the closest we will ever get to Muppets Theater and it's actually a nice set. Full Enclosed for $70 and $20 CB.

The BTS set is $50 at B&N. I HATE the set [no prints?!] but I want the figures as two of the figures look JUST like an ex and a guy I went on a date with. :LOL:

EDIT - Amazon is price matching.

Last edited:
So it's the end of 2023 let's chat about favorite and least favorite sets / themes.

Shockingly with all the money I spent on LEGO I don't know what I'd call favorite set. Probably the Viking Village or the incorrectly named Botanical Gardens. Yet I don't own them. Favorite theme is Friends by a mile. Favorite set I own might be 41748 Heartlake City Community Centre. Also love the $5 30634 Friendship Flowers and the Batman Returns polybag.

Worst set to me would be the the BTS set or that $200 buildable Chewy.

I have one girl in college and one will join her next year so they've outgrown that line(or LEGO altogether for one of them). We bought all manner of Friends sets right from launch. It's a fun line that they enjoyed. Seeing some of the newer sets from this year though while browsing? They've made some strides. There are some seriously cool Friends sets out there.

I have one girl in college and one will join her next year so they've outgrown that line(or LEGO altogether for one of them). We bought all manner of Friends sets right from launch. It's a fun line that they enjoyed. Seeing some of the newer sets from this year though while browsing? They've made some strides. There are some seriously cool Friends sets out there.
The expensive Friends sets are great. You should still buy them for yourself. :p

Worst is by far icons of play!! Best set is really hard but Rivendell did it for me.

I completely forgot about those sets! :LOL: I'm not a LotR fan, but that's a damn nice looking set.
Good pick for worst set. Not only is it pointless, badly designed, overpriced, but it has the worst name. I do like how you get the crowd to move up and down.

Chinese New Year sets are up:

The Festival Calendar is confusing. Does it come with the boat? Or do you have to buy that separately?

The boat is also confusing because for years, if not decades, sets with 40--- were GWP sets. The calendar alone sits on the boat or can sit on the 'shore'. It is a little weird but I do love all these sets. I'm waiting for the $130 to go on sale because it's 100 Euro and no need for it to be $30 more in the Americas.

The 5 new Bricklink sets will be available to preorder Feb 7th at 11am eastern. Prices range from $50 for a shack to $380 for an inferior castle we have for $400. The USA gets fucked over, yet again, in the pricing.

Snack Shack is cute, decently priced. General Store is cool but price is eh (not seeing the piece count)
Is the Parisian Street a facade like recent City/Creator sets or is it actually a modular? Price seems ok, though I can't see the piece count, compared to that castle.

Wow, I was hyped to get in on those Bricklink sets this time, until I looked more closely at them … and yeah, I think Snack Shack is the only one I’ll pick up. Everything else seems like an inferior version of older sets. They don’t seem nearly as cool as some of the past, really hard to get sets like this (that also released when I was broke … and seemed super expensive).

Snack Shack is cute, decently priced. General Store is cool but price is eh (not seeing the piece count)
Is the Parisian Street a facade like recent City/Creator sets or is it actually a modular? Price seems ok, though I can't see the piece count, compared to that castle.

Are you on a phone? The piece count are there. Even tells you how many stickers which is nice.

Design nameDesignerPricePiecesMinifiguresStickers
Mountain FortressSleeplessNight£299.99 / $379.99 / €339.993,98670
Parisian StreetNicolasCarlier£259.99 / $319.99 / €289.993,465716
Old Train Engine ShedMind_The_Brick£189.99 / $229.99 / €219.992,298610
Snack ShackDistractedBldr£39.99 / $49.99 / €49.9954813
General Storellucky£119.99 / $159.99 / €139.991,84854

Oh wow. I guess the snack shack being the cheapest means it will hit that minimum threshold

Every set will hit 3,000 without any issues. In the past the sets would hit 3,000 within several hours. Plus the preorders run for a month maybe [Not sure]. The fewer sets made the rarer the sets will be and more money.

Last edited:
Are you on a phone? The piece count are there. Even tells you how many stickers which is nice.

Design nameDesignerPricePiecesMinifiguresStickers
Mountain FortressSleeplessNight£299.99 / $379.99 / €339.993,98670
Parisian StreetNicolasCarlier£259.99 / $319.99 / €289.993,465716
Old Train Engine ShedMind_The_Brick£189.99 / $229.99 / €219.992,298610
Snack ShackDistractedBldr£39.99 / $49.99 / €49.9954813
General Storellucky£119.99 / $159.99 / €139.991,84854
i wasn't on the bricklink site I was on a third party lego news site that was just giving basic info, forgot which one as I follow so many on FB even though I am pretty much 99% out of the Lego game.
but thanks for the piece count info, good to see they are all in the 10 cent ppc ballpark. The info about how many stickers is nice to know too.

Walmart has a few of the Sonic sets for 15-20% off and then $4.50 back in Walmart cash. I think it's one coupon per account, not set.

I can't direct link, but left hand side says 'Walmart Cash Back Offers', click that.

Last edited:
That looks like a lot of stickers.
The crown and the 'TELEPHONE' look to be the only prints which is inexcusable at the price point.

More News
Minions theme returns with 5-6 sets in the summer.
LotR fans will be getting a new Barad Dur with about 5500 pieces and costing $460 and releasing in June.
D&D set will be 3800 pieces and $360, releasing in April.
Marvel is getting a 223 piece jet and it will cost $50. It's has a Hulk bigfig, but should be $30-35

Last edited:
Anyone a Harry Potter fan?
We are getting another new series of sets to make Hogwarts. This time the Great Hall will cost $220 and have 1700 pieces. A Durmstrang Ship and carriage set for $140. So a pirate ship like set too. They come out in the summer.

bread's done
Back