LEGO Deals 3

[quote name='prim4444']The Mindstorm does have a mark up in store. It went up to $329 this week.[/QUOTE]

:cold::cold::cold::cold::cold:

It was 279 this past weekend!

Hmmm ... a couple of those do look pretty intriguing ... I have to admit I'm digging the vehicle with the mech that pops out of the back ...

I wasn't interested in this line at all, but I might give it a look in-store sometime

:imwithst:

Just in time for Thanksgiving we get....

:spam:

:applause:

And the curves of the mech set is really nice, and the set with the mech gun on the back looks great too. That's how you make a "transforming" set.

[quote name='etcrane']Hmmm ... a couple of those do look pretty intriguing ... I have to admit I'm digging the vehicle with the mech that pops out of the back ...

I wasn't interested in this line at all, but I might give it a look in-store sometime[/QUOTE]

Yeah the mech one and the curves in the front and sides is really nice, and most likely only a $50 set.

However I was holding out hope that the robots heads were a minifigure head with a "helmet". Nope, it's one piece like the alien heads, but the alien computer in the small set is not a sticker.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cupishalfempty/sets/72157632063238060/

[quote name='180husher']TRU 20% off coupon works for regular priced legos in store. I wanted to finally get Mindstorms but they sold out the first day the coupon went live. I got the 4 x 4 Crawler for $160 since there is no TRU markup for this set. I wanna start building more motorized stuff...a natural evolution from motorizing train sets I think.[/QUOTE]

used the coupon to get the TRU exclusive truck
http://www.brickset.com/detail/?Set=7848-1

Toys and Bricks has the S@H Black Friday "sales". It's a joke. The mini figures will be 50% off along with the hugely overpriced just so it can go on sale Star Wars Advent Calendar.

Everything else on sale is 5% (Yes fucking 5%!) to 20% off, so you can head over there to see the list because it's not even worth it.

[quote name='bigdaddy']Toys and Bricks has the S@H Black Friday "sales". It's a joke. The mini figures will be 50% off along with the hugely overpriced just so it can go on sale Star Wars Advent Calendar.

Everything else on sale is 5% (Yes fucking 5%!) to 20% off, so you can head over there to see the list because it's not even worth it.[/QUOTE]

I'll probably pick up the Mini Modular for 20% off. I think that is a good deal for something that you can only get from LEGO. I'll add something else to get to the $100 for the free set. I'm disappointed that the holiday sets are not on sale.

What is everyone's opinion of the future of the Haunted House? We will see it last a while or have a quick run like the Monster Fighter line will probably have.

[quote name='PenguinoMF']I'll probably pick up the Mini Modular for 20% off. I think that is a good deal for something that you can only get from LEGO. I'll add something else to get to the $100 for the free set. I'm disappointed that the holiday sets are not on sale.

What is everyone's opinion of the future of the Haunted House? We will see it last a while or have a quick run like the Monster Fighter line will probably have.[/QUOTE]

I am waiting for the Haunted House to start appearing in other stores. At one point, TRU had a link to it on their site. Not there now but I will imagine they would be getting it eventually. As far as longevity, not sure. I imagine it is selling well so I don't think it will be discontinued early. Seems like Lego is taking its time discontinuing sets.

[quote name='Max Power']I am waiting for the Haunted House to start appearing in other stores. At one point, TRU had a link to it on their site. Not there now but I will imagine they would be getting it eventually. As far as longevity, not sure. I imagine it is selling well so I don't think it will be discontinued early. Seems like Lego is taking its time discontinuing sets.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure I see that happening with its $180 price point. If it did appear in a store, it would be TRU but it's sort of a off-season time for an expensive haunted house to show up in stores. Most other sets won't regularly carry a Lego set that expensive, in-store at least.

[quote name='Pirate331']My TRU had 30212 (Mirkwood Elf Guard) polybag out today. First Hobbit set I've seen here, so keep an eye out elsewhere if you're interested. We probably had a dozen or so; bought two myself.[/QUOTE]

Stores were to set these aside as of today. Looks like a GWP the week of 12/16.

[quote name='bigdaddy']All of the GS sets...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cupishalfempty/8204803542/sizes/k/in/photostream/

So much better! Different colors is weird, but so much better than Mars Mission colors and those robots bug me.[/QUOTE]

B1G1 50% off All Lego week after Black Friday. An intresting note is that Galaxy Squad is listed as one of the exclusions along with Technic and Ninjago.

[quote name='etcrane']I'm not sure I see that happening with its $180 price point. If it did appear in a store, it would be TRU but it's sort of a off-season time for an expensive haunted house to show up in stores. Most other sets won't regularly carry a Lego set that expensive, in-store at least.[/QUOTE]

Probably won't carry in the store but I would believe they would carry it online. Like I mentioned, they already had a link for it but took it down. Funny thing is that TRU had the set priced at $160.

Picked up a Mirkwood elf polybag and also went to Target to pick up a podracer set. Got the last one in the next town over. There was a sign noting the price error but I took it to the scanner and it scanned at $30. Also had the $5 off coupon from a few weeks ago. Can't beat $25!

[quote name='aunt beast']30% off coupon for B&N:

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/email/print_nav.asp?pid=45698

good for 11/23-11/25

there's also a code T9P3E3W for the 30% for online shopping starting today and running through 11/25, but of course it excludes LEGO (incl, apparently, the architecture sets).

it does, however, work on the new paperback version of the complete calvin & hobbes.[/QUOTE]

Saw that coupon earlier today and tried it. No luck. Would have been sweet if it stacked with some of the POTC sets on the site (already 30% off)

Not crazy about the Galaxy Patrol sets. But the Classic Space fan in me NEEDS a bunch of those multi-colored spacemen. Bring on the battle pack!

Fairly decent Walmart deal here

Basically 2 $24 sets for $29. You have to choose from select sets, but there's some decent ones. Luke's Landspeeder for example.

[quote name='cassidyarch']Fairly decent Walmart deal here

Basically 2 $24 sets for $29. You have to choose from select sets, but there's some decent ones. Luke's Landspeeder for example.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for posting this, I may go for the Landspeeder and the Loki set. How does ship to store work? Do they charge prior to pick up and how long do they hold it for? I would really prefer not to have to stop by a Walmart these next few days.

[quote name='grendel19']Thanks for posting this, I may go for the Landspeeder and the Loki set. How does ship to store work? Do they charge prior to pick up and how long do they hold it for? I would really prefer not to have to stop by a Walmart these next few days.[/QUOTE]
They charge immediately, and it typically takes about a week before they contact you to come pick it up. You go back to layaway with the email telling you to pick up, and then they hand it to you.

I'm thinking the Loki set and the Skiff. I don't have a Boba Fett minifig.

I ordered the $75 black pearl from target. $75 shipped with the red card. I would've liked to get this around $60, but I've waited long enough.

[quote name='chubbyninja1319']I ordered the $75 black pearl from target. $75 shipped with the red card. I would've liked to get this around $60, but I've waited long enough.[/QUOTE]
It's a nice set. I'm glad I got mine for around $40-50, a while back, but it's well worth 75, I think.

[quote name='mikepeluso']The second the star wars skiff was available it put on the wait list.[/QUOTE]

FLOL what crap. Just another typical amazon black friday week...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='karkyco']Fool what crap. Just another typical amazon black friday week...[/QUOTE]

I have no idea what the Hell you are talking about.

[quote name='mikepeluso']The second the star wars skiff was available it put on the wait list.[/QUOTE]

I was able to get LOTR Shelob for $14.49 no problem. I was ready for it.

The black friday Lego box at Walmart has too many small pieces. It was probably worth $15, but it sure didn't seem like that much of a deal. Plenty of Black Pearls at Target for those hoping to get one and wait for it to clearance maybe.

[quote name='Kerig']I was able to get LOTR Shelob for $14.49 no problem. I was ready for it.[/QUOTE]

I was ready for it too. I pushed the Add to Cart the instant it appeared on my computer. I then saw the Claimed go to 65% while it said "Checking Deal". Then it informed me I was put on the waitlist (oh joy) and my chances were POOR. I'm sure connection speed is part of it (I was on wifi since my son was occupying the direct link with TF2), but I hit it as fast as I could.

The funny thing is it will probably be available for me at some point, because the system encourages you to put it in your cart immediately, whether you want it or not, if you want any chance at all. I imagine lots of people who initially "got" the deal end up not buying it.

I also have to say, I loathe their waitlist. I've been on one three times now, and it gives me zero indication when it's available for me. What, am I supposed to stay glued to the Amazon tab for hours? The deals are not that good. All three times I went back to the tab later, to see my chance had come and past. Gee, thanks.

I'm not quite sure what the point was at Amazon, since they're the same sets Wal-Mart has been selling all day. For the same effective price. If I get the Desert Skiff and the Shelob Attack, it's actually a dollar less. This makes the whole Amazon thing feel like complete bullshit.

The deals aren't the greatest, but I think I did ok. I picked up the Cottage, the two Pooh Duplo sets, the SW advent calendar, and a series 8 minifig for $140 after taxes and I got the Holiday set and the Duplo bag for free.

I was bummed series 7 is sold out though since I have the ones I want for series 8.

Somehow I ended up spending $100. Picked up the star wars calendar, spider set, Halloween accessory, and 10 each of series 7 and 8 (my introduction to the collectable figures).

You effectively get another 12% in cashback today from the online Lego store if you have a Discover card. So I pretty much picked up a Technic Unimog for $150 after tax.

^^ how did you get 12%? The shop discover only had it at 5%

if you don't have a discover card, FW has 4.5% cashback on it.

Edit: oh I guess you mean 10% plus 5%

You can get 2 of the Walmart Black Friday sets for $30. That's 1300 pieces at 2 cents a piece!

http://www.walmart.com/ip/2-for-30-LEGO-650pc-Building-Kit-or-LEGO-DUPLO-86pc-Building-Kit/22001184

0067341918770_150X150.jpg
0067341918769_150X150.jpg

[quote name='encendido5']^^ how did you get 12%? The shop discover only had it at 5%

if you don't have a discover card, FW has 4.5% cashback on it.

Edit: oh I guess you mean 10% plus 5%[/QUOTE]

Shopdiscover links to 5% and their 4th quarter promotion is 5% for all online purchases. In addition, today is double cashback (2%). All of these stack.

Love the LEGO BF sale or hate it, people are buying. Minifigures Series 7 and 8 are now sold out online. Bring on Series 9! :)

I found quite a few things that interested me in this sale, placed an order for 149, got 10% off, used $10 in VIP points, grand total only ~$125

I purchased 32 Series 8 MFs, SW Advent, some MF boxes with the Classic Spaceman, HP book, Fett Clock, etc.

[quote name='iflabs']Shopdiscover links to 5% and their 4th quarter promotion is 5% for all online purchases. In addition, today is double cashback (2%). All of these stack.[/QUOTE]

Gotcha, I actually didn't use it since between airline tickets and online shopping, I'm past the $1500 limit.

got a pleasant shock when i found out my local b&n had added a huge new toy section so with the help of a few friends was able to use a few 30%-off coupons to pick up LOTR sets plus the cool lego darth vader lamp with light-up lightsaber. $75 g.c. gets $10 back sweetened the deal.

I decided to take this chance to pick up the haunted house. Used some VIP points and got it for $152. Would have loved to wait and try to get it cheaper, but I am not sure I see this set lasting all that long and I love the Monster Fighters.

[quote name='mikepeluso']I have no idea what the Hell you are talking about.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I mistyped, I meant to type 'flol' instead of 'fool'. Basically laughing at how ridiculous the amazon lightning deals are - usually a pretty weak discount (as evidenced yesterday by the $5 off the each of the skiff and the avengers set) yet both INSTANTLY were sold out.

There is a Target commercial that features a bunch of Legos, mini figures skating, tons of LEGO pine trees. It's a commercial of a girl thinking of her toys in a bag. Nice to see a girl think about LEGOs even if it's a fake thing. :lol:

bread's done
Back