Lego Dimensions up for pre-order at Amazon & Best Buy (release 9/27)

jeffcrazy

CAGiversary!
UPDATE: Looks like they're up on ToysRUs, Gamestop, and Walmart too

Amazon has way more available to preorder then Best Buy, but y'know, GCU and all...

These don't come out until September 27th, but the only ones I would be worried about would be the "Fun Packs" of UniKitty, and maybe Gollum or Wonder Woman?  Thoughts on what might be tough to find?

Here's info on the starter pack, the rest of them are pretty self explanatory:

The Starter Pack delivers everything you need to begin your buildable adventure to vanquish Lord Vortech, including a copy of the game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to construct the LEGO Gateway, three minifigures (Batman, Gandolf, WyldStyle) and the LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

BEST BUY

LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack at Best Buy ($99.99 / $79.99 GCU):

PS4

PS3

XBox One

XBox 360

Nintendo Wii U

LEGO Dimensions Level Pack  (Back to the Future) - all consoles ($29.99 / $23.99 GCU)

LEGO Dimensions Team Pack  (LEGO Ninjago) - all consoles ($24.99 / $19.99 GCU)

AMAZON

LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack Page - link to all consoles, $99.99 each PRIME

LEGO Dimensions Fun Packs Page - all consoles, $14.99 each PRIME

available Fun Packs to order:

DC Comics - Cyborg and Wonder Woman

Lego Movie - Benny, Bad Cop, Emmett, UniKitty

Lord of the Rings - Gollum, Legolas, Gimil

Ninjanjo - Nya and Zane

Wizard of OZ - Wicked Witch w Flying Monkey

LEGO Dimensions Team Pack (LEGO Ninjago) - all consoles, $24.99 PRIME

I think my link is jacked up but I can't fix it... here's the right one maybe?

LEGO Dimensions Level Pack (Back to the Future) - all consoles, $29.99 PRIME

I think my link is going to best buy but I can't fix it... here's Amazon

ToysRUs

Lego Dimensions Starter Packs Search Page - all consoles, $99.99 w/ Free Shipping

GameStop

Lego Dimensions Starter Packs Search Page - all consoles, $99.99

Walmart

Lego Dimensions Fun Packs Search Page - all consoles, $14.99

Walmart has most of the Fun Packs available that Amazon does - noticeable exception is No Unikitty

LEGO Dimensions Back to the Future

No Ninjago Team Pack available yet, either

Last edited by a moderator:
Doubt it as I expect Disney to use Star Wars for Disney Infinity, same with Super Heroes and Princess LEGO lines.
I do too, it's just surprising that it hasn't brought Star Wars to Infinity yet - but there are a bunch of LEGO games!

(I know, I know - the same logic fails when thinking about Marvel, whatever haha)

Actually what Disney should do is put it out in Infinity and also license it to LEGO - just let them both have it . It's not like Star Wars isn't a licensing whore anyway.

UPDATE: Looks like they're up on ToysRUs, Gamestop, and Walmart too

Amazon has way more available to preorder then Best Buy, but y'know, GCU and all...
These don't come out until September 27th, but the only ones I would be worried about would be the "Fun Packs" of UniKitty, and maybe Gollum or Wonder Woman? Thoughts on what might be tough to find?

Here's info on the starter pack, the rest of them are pretty self explanatory:
The Starter Pack delivers everything you need to begin your buildable adventure to vanquish Lord Vortech, including a copy of the game, LEGO Toy Pad, bricks to construct the LEGO Gateway, three minifigures (Batman, Gandolf, WyldStyle) and the LEGO Batmobile vehicle.

BEST BUY
LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack at Best Buy ($99.99 / $79.99 GCU):
PS4
PS3
XBox One
XBox 360
Nintendo Wii U

LEGO Dimensions Level Pack (Back to the Future) - all consoles ($29.99 / $23.99 GCU)
LEGO Dimensions Team Pack (LEGO Ninjago) - all consoles ($24.99 / $19.99 GCU)

AMAZON
LEGO Dimensions Starter Pack Page - link to all consoles, $99.99 each PRIME

LEGO Dimensions Fun Packs Page - all consoles, $14.99 each PRIME
available Fun Packs to order:
DC Comics - Cyborg and Wonder Woman
Lego Movie - Benny, Bad Cop, Emmett, UniKitty
Lord of the Rings - Gollum, Legolas, Gimil
Ninjanjo - Nya and Zane
Wizard of OZ - Wicked Witch w Flying Monkey

LEGO Dimensions Team Pack (LEGO Ninjago) - all consoles, $24.99 PRIME
I think my link is jacked up but I can't fix it... here's the right one maybe?
LEGO Dimensions Level Pack (Back to the Future) - all consoles, $29.99 PRIME
I think my link is going to best buy but I can't fix it... here's Amazon

ToysRUs
Lego Dimensions Starter Packs Search Page - all consoles, $99.99 w/ Free Shipping

GameStop

Walmart
Lego Dimensions Fun Packs Search Page - all consoles, $14.99
Walmart has most of the Fun Packs available that Amazon does - noticeable exception is No Unikitty
LEGO Dimensions Back to the Future
No Ninjago Team Pack available yet, either
So.....where is the deal exactly since you posted this in the deals section?

Or is the deals section now a place for msrp prices on stuff that is widely known on products that will be mass produced in huge quantities?

Or is the deals section now a place for msrp prices on stuff that is widely known on products that will be mass produced in huge quantities?
presale stuff... check it out, there's a whole bunch of it in the Deal Section, all of it in glorious MSRP. Or did you come here from slickdeals where you post this same thing verbatim.

BTW looked at your profile here and slickdeals, and EVERY SINGLE POST you make is just bitching about something. Literally every single one. Way to contribute, guy!

presale stuff... check it out, there's a whole bunch of it in the Deal Section, all of it in glorious MSRP. Or did you come here from slickdeals?
In fairness, the MSRP stuff that gets posted is likely to sell out prior to launch or includes some launch or preorder bonus. This might become a valuable thread if it turns out that certain sets or figures are actually limited, but as it stands, this really doesn't belong here as there is nothing to indicate that this is anything other than a mass market game that will be readily available everywhere.

In fairness, the MSRP stuff that gets posted is likely to sell out prior to launch or includes some launch or preorder bonus. This might become a valuable thread if it turns out that certain sets or figures are actually limited, but as it stands, this really doesn't belong here as there is nothing to indicate that this is anything other than a mass market game that will be readily available everywhere.
this thread has over 2,000 views and 3 pages of posts in like 15 hours... people are obviously looking at it.

A lot of preorder things that are posted sell out, but a lot are still available, too. Potato, PotAHHHto.

Who's to say some of these won't be hard to find? it's LEGO stuff, and some of which hasn't really been available in other forms (show me your Wicked Witch Wizard of Oz minifig.. don't have one? didn't think so.) Granted, that's more of a toy thing then a video game thing, but so are amiibo. The point is nobody knows how big or small some of these sets will be. I don't know, you don't know, no one knows except LEGO and Warner Bros.

If you have no interest, don't click it maybe?

I kinda agree that a thread like this should be in General Gaming & News. But the mods are the law, and if they're cool with it being in Deals, then it is what it is.

Pre-ordered the BTTF set from best buy. Will wait for starters and see how the rest sell before making a deep plunge, although I will most likely be picking up a bunch of the movie themed ones.

71201-1.jpg

Hmm, if they are doing Back To The Future I wonder if that means more Legos along those lines.

Maybe they will even "reprint" the larger Lego Delorean Time Machine they did. It is now is going for $60+ on Amazon, so regret not picking when it was $30...

I'll probably hold on the main Dimensions packages, but guess that BTTF set is another thing to add to my growing number of pre-orders due to GCU.  With this one I intend to open it and place it with my other figures, so it has another purpose.

I hope you posted this same type of post when the amiibo thread got put up...now look at it, rarely ever a deal and pretty much the most popular thread on CAG with over 2 million views even after a new thread was made. Its not that hard to look past a thread.

Ole Kirk Christiansen is rolling in his grave.
Or maybe he'd be happy that his company went from nearly being out business 15 years ago to the number 2 toy company in the world, not even taking into account or quantifying that more children than ever before are playing with his toys which arguably cultivate more creativity and intelligent play than most toys on the market.

In for all of the great deal thanks Opie

attachicon.gif
Andy-Griffith-Sheriff-Taylor.jpg
I wish I was Opie... do you know how rich he is now? If I was Opie rich, I wouldn't be on internet forums dealing with dumb bitches like you that can't even write a simple sentence properly.

There's a ton of other videogames for preorder at full MSRP listed in this section, too... there are none listed in the "general gaming news" that I see... and I don't even know how to change categories for this even if I could.

I get you probably hate Skylanders and Infinity and amiibo. I hate RPGs... I don't go on RPG game threads and say you're a moron for liking that shit and paying full price for a preorder.

Sorry to the people complaining about this being a "deal" or not, I'm not defending it anymore. If you don't get how popular LEGO minifigures are, nothing anybody says will matter anyway. Hopefully people who want info on this stuff can find it. And if you don't care about this, then why the fuck are you looking at this thread just to make a bitchy comment? *drops mic*

Or maybe he'd be happy that his company went from nearly being out business 15 years ago to the number 2 toy company in the world, not even taking into account or quantifying that more children than ever before are playing with his toys which arguably cultivate more creativity and intelligent play than most toys on the market.
As of September they are #1 in the world, unless theyve been surpassed since then.

so other figures from The Simpsons, Scooby-Doo, DC Comics, and the Wizard of Oz that are said to be upcoming are (according to this anyway)

Homer

Bart Simpson

Krusty

Chell from Portal

Scooby-Doo

Shaggy

The Flash

The Joker

Harley Quinn

Superman

Aquaman

The Tin Man

so other figures from The Simpsons, Scooby-Doo, DC Comics, and the Wizard of Oz that are said to be upcoming are (according to this anyway)

Homer

Bart Simpson

Krusty

Chell from Portal

Scooby-Doo

Shaggy

The Flash

The Joker

Harley Quinn

Superman

Aquaman

The Tin Man
I was going to hold off, but with Scooby-Doo, The Simpsons and those DC Comics characters set to be in the game at some point, it made it hard to pass up. Put in my pre-order just now; I can always cancel if the game doesn't look very good or I decide to wait for a cheaper price.

Plus, I was able to order a Disney Infinity figure that was on clearance (Wreck-It-Ralph) and get free shipping on it so the figure only cost me $6.

Looks like I'm going to be investing into two Toys-To-Life games; I am so screwed, lol.

I was going to hold off, but with Scooby-Doo, The Simpsons and those DC Comics characters set to be in the game at some point, it made it hard to pass up. Put in my pre-order just now; I can always cancel if the game doesn't look very good or I decide to wait for a cheaper price.
You have to figure most of the DC characters will make it in - they've come out with some awesome LEGO sets lately and could literally just re use the same minifigs and just come up with an accessory for everyone

You have to figure most of the DC characters will make it in - they've come out with some awesome LEGO sets lately and could literally just re use the same minifigs and just come up with an accessory for everyone
Yeah I figured, was just waiting on confirmation.

Still hoping for Green Arrow and Jurassic Park to be in there, which I expect they will be, eventually. Either way, there are going to be an absurd number of figures released by the looks of it, which is awesome. :D

So do we put this stuff together or does it come assembled already? Aside from the gate, everything looks like it's just one solid piece...

So do we put this stuff together or does it come assembled already? Aside from the gate, everything looks like it's just one solid piece...
Minifigures are regular minifigs and you can detach from the base, but all the other stuff (vehicles, stages) are kinda like regular LEGO sets - you build them and then I assume you attach them to the NFC base. It would be great if there was a way you could get custom vehicles etc you built yourself into the game, but I doubt that tech is readily available for cheap right now.

If you look at the Back to the Future set, you can kinda see the individual pieces and how you would build the hoverboard and Deloreon.

Somebody deconstructed the mini vehicles from the playsets and built them with pre existing LEGO pieces.. pretty cool

Check it out!

Here are some screengrabs, looks pretty cool so far!

[attachment=13844:11040632_1574199626198794_3536378436537756057_n.jpg]

[attachment=13842:10942416_1575048912780532_3044986234143442751_n.jpg]

[attachment=13841:10557256_1575397422745681_4390752801225352753_n.jpg]

[attachment=13845:11083919_1015534938466432_7350672571476270264_n.jpg]

[attachment=13846:11133791_1015534998466426_6061372710799083258_n.jpg]

[attachment=13847:10394600_1015534935133099_1077786898467538139_n.jpg]

You know what I was just thinking... I wish I could buy individual levels in all my games now. That way they cost $200 for a game that use to cost $60. Ugh.... Please no. Can we let this trend die already?!

I am going to buy this game at some point, they're adding so many good IPs to this that I can't say no. I just hope it plays differently than other Lego games, the formula just gets stale over time... which is my only concern.

Just saw that there is a Portal 2 level pack for this, and I am officially beyond sold. Here is to hoping there is a Ninja Turtles level pack coming as well. 

bread's done
Back