Lego Rock Band $19.99 All Systems

Definite buy. Overall, even with the $10 export it is worth it.

On a side note, the game has a ton of damn setlists, but not enough songs to warrant them! Might end up getting Green Day: Rock Band after time and price drops too!

The prices on these games are always so tempting... But I know I'll never play it. In my closet still sits, unopened, the $62 copy of Beatles RB LE that I got from Target...

If you play Rock Band with non-gamer friends a lot, $20 + Export for this game is a steal. There are enough crowd-pleasing songs (Two Princes, Ghostbusters, Let's Dance, The Final Countdown, We Are The Champions, etc.) to make this well worth it IMO.

Keep in mind that the Wii version is not exportable, unfortunately.

micorant: the spin doctors were the worst band to ever chart a single in the 90s. God I hate that song.

Anyway, this is a good game for kids too as all the songs have been deemed "child appropriate"... even if they don't understand what summer of '69 means.

The PS3 version is on clearance for $10 at sears YMMV.

[quote name='confoosious']Anyway, this is a good game for kids too as all the songs have been deemed "child appropriate"... even if they don't understand what summer of '69 means.[/QUOTE]Yeah this is worth mentioning. You get access to your DLC as well and it filters out the "Supervision Recommended" tracks. So it's great if you wanna get some kids into Rock Band but feel weird about little Jimmy singing "Hammer Smashed Face." A friend actually borrowed the game from me because he was running some function with elementary school kids.

The exported RB1 tracks are available as well, but nothing from RBN (since the XNA content is technically unrated).

it's a great price, the replay value of lego RB is significantly higher than a lot of XBLA games that most ppl buy just because it happens to be the deal of the week. :roll:

I'm going to hold out til TRU has B2G1 or B1G1 1/2 on $19.99 games.

[quote name='Jeff Stephen']Is that deal still ongoing?[/QUOTE]

I dont know if it was a sale but when i went with my girlfriend to old navy they had them up at the register for 75% off

Good luck finding an Old Navy store with them in stock, that's leftover stock from Black Friday that they clearanced out earlier in the year... like around Valentine's Day? Yes, some store still seem to have them left over but the vast majority (especially in more populated areas) sold out months ago.

I'm torn about ordering now from Amazon, waiting for Amazon's inevitable MSRP-10% price (last few times I ordered when a game dropped to $19.99 it dropped again to $17.99 a few days later), waiting for BB to match to get RZ points, or what. I do think this would be fun to have before the long weekend...

might be time to grab it. gotta pay for the export no matter how much you get it for, and $20 is a good price for the final countdown.

Dammit, I was just about to order it since it didn't seem like BB was going to match the price and Amazon jacked the 360 and PS3 back up to the $27-ish range. I was thinking this was the start of a universal price drop and wanted to get it for the long weekend.

ARGH! :(

[quote name='Justin42']Dammit, I was just about to order it since it didn't seem like BB was going to match the price and Amazon jacked the 360 and PS3 back up to the $27-ish range. I was thinking this was the start of a universal price drop and wanted to get it for the long weekend.

ARGH! :([/QUOTE]

YMMV but some targets have them for 12 bucks

Yeah, but none of my Targets have even started this on clearance at all, so it's going to be a while.

They put the Wii price back up too, so this is dead...

Keep in mind the PS3 version is $14.99 at Blockbuster and pretty readily available at most stores. They are also currently having a B1G1 50% off sale so you could get it along with Beatles Rock Band for $22.48. In general they keep the case/manual for these games and PS3 games are almost always in excellent condition even if they were former rentals.

Damn, I thought it was a universal price drop as well and I was going to add this with Lego Indiana Jones 2. Looks like I missed out on my delayed decision.

I found a 3rd party seller shipping from my state that ended up being $19.87 shipped so it's actually a tiny bit cheaper. The problem with buying used is I want to be sure I get the code to do the transfer of the songs.

I already got the shipping email so I'm keeping my fingers crossed it makes it here quick (and is really what I ordered)...

[quote name='io']Keep in mind the PS3 version is $14.99 at Blockbuster and pretty readily available at most stores. They are also currently having a B1G1 50% off sale so you could get it along with Beatles Rock Band for $22.48. In general they keep the case/manual for these games and PS3 games are almost always in excellent condition even if they were former rentals.[/QUOTE]

Are you talking used copies? If the code is already used, you can't import it into Rock Band 2 unless you find another copy with an unused code from the manual. So it would cost you more than $14.99 + $10.00 unless someone was nice enough to give you the code for free. Anything more than $5 and you're better off getting it new.

Don't know anything about rock band, but can you use Guitar Hero 5 controllers for this?

bread's done
Back