LEGO Rock Band (360/PS3) $19.99 at Future Shop

Jouvert

CAGiversary!
I was expecting the price of this game to drop to $20 within a year and now it's finally happened. LEGO Rock Band (360/PS3) is now $19.99 at Future Shop. You can also PM it at Best Buy which still sells it for $39.99 to bring the price down to $17.99. (FYI: It will also cost you an additional $10 to import all the songs into Rock Bank/Rock Band 2.)

LEGO Rock Band (360)

LEGO Rock Band (PS3)

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']I don't think FS beats BB's price by 10%. I think they only match, since they're owned by the same company. $20 is a good deal though, thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Incorrect. The "We're the same company" line is pure fabrication to prevent FS and BB from price-beating. Next time a FS/BB employee throws out that gem, ask if it's alright to contact Head Office to verify.

[quote name='game_fanatic']Incorrect. The "We're the same company" line is pure fabrication to prevent FS and BB from price-beating. Next time a FS/BB employee throws out that gem, ask if it's alright to contact Head Office to verify.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the info, I've fallen for that before. I'll try this when I go to pick it up tomorrow.

[quote name='halcyon1234']Is the import code a one-time thing, or sharable like with Rock Band 1? (PS3)[/QUOTE]

One time deal.

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Thanks for the info, I've fallen for that before. I'll try this when I go to pick it up tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

No worries man, best of luck!

[quote name='Rastafari']One time deal.[/QUOTE]

Maybe for 360, but not the PS3. The activation code is one time deal. It allows you access to the download in the PSN store. But once you download it, it shows up in your PSN downloads section.

If you have your account on your friends PS3, you can download the tracks to his PS3. Trust me, I've done it. I promise it works.

It doesn't rip the tracks from the disc like RB1, it just allows you to download all the tracks, (yes its a hefty download) so you don't even NEED the Lego Rock Band disc.

BTW, this game is also at Amazon.ca for $19.99

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Maybe for 360, but not the PS3. The activation code is one time deal. It allows you access to the download in the PSN store. But once you download it, it shows up in your PSN downloads section.

If you have your account on your friends PS3, you can download the tracks to his PS3. Trust me, I've done it. I promise it works.

It doesn't rip the tracks from the disc like RB1, it just allows you to download all the tracks, (yes its a hefty download) so you don't even NEED the Lego Rock Band disc.

BTW, this game is also at Amazon.ca for $19.99[/QUOTE]

It remains in your download history for the 360 as well. However, it will only be available to play on a console when you are logged in. So if you put them on yours, recover account on a buddy's and download it again on there, then go home and recover on yours again, the songs will BE on your buddy's but not be able to be played.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']Maybe for 360, but not the PS3. The activation code is one time deal. It allows you access to the download in the PSN store. But once you download it, it shows up in your PSN downloads section.

BTW, this game is also at Amazon.ca for $19.99[/QUOTE]

That is gamesharing the songs, which works on up to 5 PS3's but does not work on the XBOX 360. It's a loophole that Sony has been slow to close up (and at one point a Sony executive somewhat endorsed it).

Microsoft does not allow this. There is a way to get stuff on 2 different 360's which Shipwreck has a thread on it in the XBOX 360 section. It has the minor drawback that one of the consoles has to be connected at all times.

Crazy, this game is on FS's eligible trade in list. So you can trade it straight up for MGS PW for PSP which is a $40 title.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']Crazy, this game is on FS's eligible trade in list. So you can trade it straight up for MGS PW for PSP which is a $40 title.[/QUOTE]

It is now, but it wont be comes June 8th ;)

[quote name='ichit4k4_set0']It is now, but it wont be comes June 8th ;)[/QUOTE]
You are probably right. Can you use it for pre-order or does it have to be on June 8th?

[quote name='zer0small']Wait, so i'm new to price-matching. How do I price match at Best Buy if I don't live near a Future Shop?[/QUOTE]

Print out Future Shop's product page from the first post. Show the Best Buy CSR the print-out and ask them to PM Future Shop's price.

Can't PM the 360 version now at BB...it's the same price (19.99).

I'm going to buy the game now and keep it sealed; if I can't trade it for MGS, I'll just return it.

[quote name='Clark.Griswold']You are probably right. Can you use it for pre-order or does it have to be on June 8th?[/QUOTE]

Valid June 8th-June10th, no preorder allowed.

Picked up a copy today, no PM (it's $19.99 everywhere now apparently—EB/GS too).

Actually, if you have an EDGE card and want to save a couple more bucks you can get a used copy at EB/GS for $17.49 minus 10%.

I'm keeping my copy though. It's fun. :)

[quote name='Jogurt the Yogurt']Picked up a copy today, no PM (it's $19.99 everywhere now apparently—EB/GS too).

Actually, if you have an EDGE card and want to save a couple more bucks you can get a used copy at EB/GS for $17.49 minus 10%.

I'm keeping my copy though. It's fun. :)[/QUOTE]

Most people just want to buy it, buy the export code, export to Rock Band 2 and trade in the game. That's what I did.

However, you can't export if you buy a used copy because 99% cances are good, the code has been used.

Bought it today, and hate it.
Song selection is junk, and you can only play "E" rated songs from Rock Band 1 and your downloads (and no rock band 2 songs).
Probably just gonna goozex it.
Not even worth the download code, as you have to pay an ADDITIONAL $10 just to use it

[quote name='SamuraiSmurfette']Bought it today, and hate it.
Song selection is junk, and you can only play "E" rated songs from Rock Band 1 and your downloads (and no rock band 2 songs).
Probably just gonna goozex it.
Not even worth the download code, as you have to pay an ADDITIONAL $10 just to use it[/QUOTE]

I have to agree with the short samurai. The only song I really liked was Ray Parker Jr.'s masterpiece (you all know it's true) Ghostbusters. After realizing I wasn't afraid of no ghost, I decided listening to ALF (oooooh 80's sitcom reference) sing in the shower was more entertaining than the soundtrack.

[quote name='FarmhouseMedia']I mainly got it for The Final Countdown.[/QUOTE]

I don't like that they used guitar for the opening part of it. Now when the (keytar?) is released with Rock Band 3....

So I bought the PS3 version at BB and it turns out to be $17.99. I don't know why and I didn't even realize until I left the store and looked at my receipt at home. The price was $19.99 at the store. *shrug*

[quote name='Korahn']I don't like that they used guitar for the opening part of it. Now when the (keytar?) is released with Rock Band 3....[/QUOTE]

I agree. But I mainly use the drum kit. But I can see how a lot of those songs, and pretty much EVERY SONG in Band Hero can be very annoying to anyone playing the guitar.

I don't have a problem with Lego or Band Hero, got both of them for the export. I don't see how you could be disappointed with the song selection AFTER buying it, most people would check the songs before purchase.

[quote name='Solid-Snake-Eyes']I don't have a problem with Lego or Band Hero, got both of them for the export. I don't see how you could be disappointed with the song selection AFTER buying it, most people would check the songs before purchase.[/QUOTE]

Bought it because it was cheap, and I like lego >.<
No harm. Already trading it out on Goozex.

bread's done
Back