Lego Rock Band - Old Navy - $19.99 All Formats- YMMV

mick16

CAGiversary!
Not sure if its just a YMMV thing, but I just went to Old Navy near my house (Rochester Hills, MI) and they were selling all formats of Lego Rock band for $19.99.

Last edited by a moderator:
Man, when did Old Navy start carrying video games? I wonder if they are trying to clear left over inventory from their black friday promotion.

Most likely left after their BF sales. The same thing happened last year when Circuit City sold the the extra wireless controller and 20GB HDD bundles for $40 that they were giving away free with 360 arcades on BF.

You would think that they would be completely out of copies from Black Friday, considering you only had to spend like $20 to get one. There is an Old Navy only a few miles from me, so maybe I will check out if my store has any and if the price is the same. Thanks, OP. Where in the store do they even put that kind of stuf? Or was there just a sign?

[quote name='peacefuloutrage']Most likely left after their BF sales. The same thing happened last year when Circuit City sold the the extra wireless controller and 20GB HDD bundles for $40 that they were giving away free with 360 arcades on BF.[/QUOTE]

Surprised that some Old Navy stores would still have some left.

Wow now I wish that I had gone on BF. My wife and I can spend $20 very easily. Couple pairs of jeans alone will cover it.

Just called my local one and the girl said that they had some extra stock at a corporate level and some stores would be getting them. She didn't know if her store would get any or not, but it hadn't yet.

[quote name='funsocaltiger']Wow now I wish that I had gone on BF. My wife and I can spend $20 very easily. Couple pairs of jeans alone will cover it.[/QUOTE]

Definitely wasn't worth it, in my opinion. I think they opened extremely early, like 3AM and had a limited quantity for each store, so you probably had to be online way before that. As I suspected, and the poster above kind of confirmed, it would seem to be a case of them having some copies sitting around a warehouse, so they will filter them down through the stores now.

Confirmed in Colorado Springs, the price here is $42.99 though (Powers & Barns)

I called the 2nd store here and they dont even have any for sale there (Chapel Hills)

Slap a YMMV on the title - I called several NE Ohio Old Navy stores and they all confirmed that it was in stock (one place was almost like "of course we have that video game, we're Old Navy", but whatever), but they also quoted a price of $49.99.

[quote name='Jackie Chandler']You say that like it would be a better deal. >_>;[/QUOTE]

$24.99 guaranteed vs $19.99 huge YMMV? Yeah I think it's definitely worth mentioning.

[quote name='SCUD4LIFE']Still $50 at my old navy. Daly City, CA[/QUOTE]

Seriously? How stupid do they think people are. They gave them away and now they are basically selling them for full retail, even though they don't sell video games normally.

I'll be out near Old Navy anyway, so I'll see if they've got any copies. My mom bought it for my brother for $50 for Christmas, so if I can get a better deal, she can return the one she's got.

[quote name='pioglfr2']bought it. transfer songs, trade it in.[/QUOTE]

Buy it used at GS, transfer songs, return it. You only "lose" out on the $10 for the transfer key download. Much better way of doing things esp sine this is CAG.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Buy it used at GS, transfer songs, return it. You only "lose" out on the $10 for the transfer key download. Much better way of doing things esp sine this is CAG.[/QUOTE] The game comes with a specific code on the manual that allows you to transfer the songs.

I also picked it up on amazon. Since they are offering $21.25 trade in credit. That basically makes the game $12.

Hopefully the trade in value won't drop considerably since I wont' be able to ship it out until next saturday...

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Buy it used at GS, transfer songs, return it. You only "lose" out on the $10 for the transfer key download. Much better way of doing things esp sine this is CAG.[/QUOTE]
That's assuming the code is still in the case and hasn't been used.

even @ $20 it's not worth it really. the only good thing out of this is importing the songs into rock band and trading or selling the game disc. have you seen the list of songs? not worth the bf 3am deal they had and even now it's not worth it unless there's a $15 trade in credit or selling it for near that price.

It isn't true. They're all $49 at 6 different locations surrounding Minneapolis, MN. I tried to convince the manager to sell it to me for $19 and she wouldn't budge.

[quote name='nirv']It isn't true. They're all $49 at 6 different locations surrounding Minneapolis, MN. I tried to convince the manager to sell it to me for $19 and she wouldn't budge.[/QUOTE]

Yeah man, once I went into Wal-Mart and was gonna buy Halo 3 but it was 50 bucks and I tried to convince a store manager to sell it to me for 20 bucks and she wouldn't budge. WTF is wrong with these stores!?

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Buy it used at GS, transfer songs, return it. You only "lose" out on the $10 for the transfer key download. Much better way of doing things esp sine this is CAG.[/QUOTE]
That's banking on the person before you not doing the same thing.

[quote name='Yo_Soy_Legendo']The game comes with a specific code on the manual that allows you to transfer the songs.[/QUOTE]

It should also be mentioned that the code to transfer the songs can only be used once.

Yes, it is a single-use export code, and it's not even on the manual, it's on an insert in the case. Redeem that code online for an XBL/PSN code, and redeem that to purchase an export license. After all that, you still need the disc in the drive to actually export the songs. It's a bit of a process this time.

[quote name='DJP519']Yes, it is a single-use export code, and it's not even on the manual, it's on an insert in the case. Redeem that code online for an XBL/PSN code, and redeem that to purchase an export license. After all that, you still need the disc in the drive to actually export the songs. It's a bit of a process this time.[/QUOTE]

Aw man, that sucks. I actually got a working insert code from a Family Video tonight and I was pumped that it worked and I got an XBL code. I redeemed it and all it did was download some 100kb file. I assume that's just a little add-on for the disc then? Guess I'll have to rent it.

I have Lego Rockband and it's actually pretty fun. The career mode is actually more fun then the one in RB2 and makes me want to keep playing to unlock new items and transports.

Picked one up at the Rochester Hills, MI old navy. Rung up 49.99 but the cashier manually adjusted the price down to 19.99. Thanks OP great price for the game since it just recently came out.

[quote name='Mizzou75']Aw man, that sucks. I actually got a working insert code from a Family Video tonight and I was pumped that it worked and I got an XBL code. I redeemed it and all it did was download some 100kb file. I assume that's just a little add-on for the disc then? Guess I'll have to rent it.[/QUOTE]
That downloaded key unlocks an area of the in-game Music Store to where you can buy the export for 800 MSP ($10). Why not just rent it from Family Video given that you already took its code ;)

No sale for Old Navy in Brighton, MI either. Only games that are 19.99 are RB2 and DS Unplugged.

Op, you should really put a YMMV in the title.

Old Navy just brings back bitter memories of fighting Kryzalid from King of Fighters '99. That's all he says as he's kicking your ass from here to Neptune.

[quote name='majinvegeta-88']Picked one up at the Rochester Hills, MI old navy. Rung up 49.99 but the cashier manually adjusted the price down to 19.99. Thanks OP great price for the game since it just recently came out.[/QUOTE]

Same story. The two girls working were both convinced that ALL Rock Band games were supposed to be $19.99, so the cashier was more than happy to override the price from $49.99 down to $19.99, I didn't even have to ask. All I did was ask her to check what price it was ringing up at. So, score, but only at that same Rochester Hills, MI location (On Rochester Road, just north of Hamlin).

So thanks OP for the tip, but I have a feeling that this is EXTREMELY YMMV.

[quote name='funsocaltiger']Wow now I wish that I had gone on BF. My wife and I can spend $20 very easily. Couple pairs of jeans alone will cover it.[/QUOTE]

Dont you say that DONT YOU EVER SAY THAT!!! lol. It was awful. At least here it was, and they only gave out 7 copies for each system.

I went on BF. Was about the thousanth person in line. When I got up there to buy my stuff, the cashier told me they only handed out 20 bracelets total. I was pretty pissed. Thought about sending an email to corporate.

bread's done
Back