Lego Star Wars Complete Saga 360, 32.99$@Costco, YMMV

uricmu

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
Costco used to sell this great game for 42.99$ (retail 49.99), I found a few copies today at my local store for 32.99$ (Pittsburgh)

They didn't have the Wii version (cleared the display for SSSB), but it might be discounted too if you can find it.

This is very YMMV.

[quote name='gobz']Hrmm... Might have to check out costco.

Lego Star Wars + Costco Hot Dog = Heaven[/quote]

Good luck!
Mine used to have a ton for 42.99$, but when I was there today to pick brawl, I saw the new price sticker but only two were left.

By the way, Costco often has more games in stock than empty boxes on the rack. Might be worth it to check with "merchandise pickup" behind the cashiers.

I'm a chicken bake man, myself. I can feel my arteries hardening as I eat them. :drool:

Thanks for the heads up on this. Played through I & II on the GameCube, but I've been wanting the 360 version of this for a while now, and I was actually going to be doing some grocery shopping there this evening. Hopefully they'll have a copy.

:'( Get it while you can guys, I called my local stores and none of em have it. Guy said it was shown as deleted from the system so it looks like they're discontinuing it at the local stores and its $10 more online...

If I had the Origiinal Trilogy game would the progress I made in beating those levels transfer to the new game?

I don't understand why this would go OOP. I just snagged a sealed copy on eBay for about $37 which still is a hell of a deal, I just wonder if this game is truly OOP or if CostCo is just going to stop selling it?

[quote name='clortho']I don't understand why this would go OOP. I just snagged a sealed copy on eBay for about $37 which still is a hell of a deal, I just wonder if this game is truly OOP or if CostCo is just going to stop selling it?[/quote]

The latter. Costco only sells most games for a very limited time before clearing out their stock, even marquee titles. In their stores, they usually only carry 8-10 titles for any given system, maybe a few more for the DS. You generally don't see anything more than a year old there (again, with the DS being the occasional exception) unless they get some sort of deal on it.

Yeah, I did not mean to imply the game itself is OoP, just that Costco isn't carrying it any longer in stores (website still has it for $42 tho, so who knows WTF is going on).

Checked two Costcos near me on my work break. Both of them still have it marked $42.99. Thanks anyway, OP.

(Stores were Livonia II and Commerce in MI)

[quote name='heavy liquid']Checked two Costcos near me on my work break. Both of them still have it marked $42.99. Thanks anyway, OP.

(Stores were Livonia II and Commerce in MI)[/quote]

They're all marked $42.99. The $32.97 price only shows up at the register.

[quote name='Tybee']They're all marked $42.99. The $32.97 price only shows up at the register.[/QUOTE]

Doh! *sigh* Guess I'll head back there after work. :)

Yes, that's how it was in the Costco I bought it from. Sorry for not being too detailed, but the sticker price still showed $42.99. Only at the register did it ring up $32.97. It was kinda rare (and somewhat entertaining) seeing the cashier doing a double check to make sure he entered the right product number, because he couldn't believe the huge price difference himself.

I guess it's one of those moments where you think to yourself, "man, it's NICE to be a CAG!" and have a very helpful forum to help you find deals like this.

*sigh*

I'm glad some of you are still finding copies. As for me, after not finding it at two Atlanta locations, I checked my third (and likely last) option today. I was delighted to find that they had three boxes on the shelf! I took one and waited in a 10-deep line to checkout. After I paid, I went over to "the cage" to retrieve my game.

While I was waiting, I was suddenly accosted by this weird guy. He looked to be in his 70s, about 350 pounds in a blue jumpsuit. From his appearance, he was probably a bit senile. Also appeared he wasn't from around here, as he spoke pidgin English. He had BBQ sauce ALL OVER his face and down the front of his jumpsuit (I think one of today's free samples was ribs).

With no introduction, he walked right up to me and said, "What? You no work no more?!" sounding very accusatory.

I was like...Uhhhh...I thought he maybe had me confused with someone else. Then I realized he was referring to the fact that it was 2:00, so maybe he felt that was too late for lunch.

So I said, "Lunch break," and smiled.

But he wasn't appeased. He said, "Lunch?! Why you no work?!"

I said, "I DO work. But I'm taking a late lunch."

He said, "Late lunch! Ohhhh! What kind work you do?"

I said, "I'm a magazine editor."
"Oh! Mr. Big Shot," he said. "That a lot for not for nothing!"

At that point the woman gave up poking around in the back and returned to inform me that they didn't have any more copies of the game for 360, just PS3 or Wii. And to drive the point home, she ripped up the empty box up right in front of me. I said, "There are at least two more on the shelf," and she sent someone back to pull those as she refunded my cash.

Very demoralizing all around. :cry:

[quote name='uricmu']Was in Costco in Pittsburgh (waterfront) this morning, they had about 12 copies left, all with a 32.99$ sticker.[/quote]

I may have to check it out. I don't have a membership yet... since no Costcos in the north other than Cranberry.

Thanks 1125 and Tybee. I went back and grabbed a copy. Sure enough, it rang up at $32.99.

That a horrible story Tybee. I hope you find a copy for yourself!

Is it just me? I didn't like this game (and I'm as big of a Star Wars dork as the next guy). I rented the game and seriously quit playing after an hour. Does it get better?

Is it just me? I didn't like this game (and I'm as big of a Star Wars dork as the next guy). I rented the game and seriously quit playing after an hour. Does it get better?

It's just you. ;)

But seriously, I haven't met many folks who don't like this franchise. Give it a little more time to check out the unlockables, etc.

Yeah this is definitly good. I went to a costco in clearwater, fl and the sticker said 42.99. Rang up at 32.97. Definitly recomend this to anyone who is interested in this game

I was at Costco in WDM, IA yesterday and they had 3 copies, but all were stickered $92.97 :whistle2:\

I'm guessing it was a typo, but I didn't check into it since my 360 is rrod at the moment anyway.

Happy ending to my story: After scouting via other CAGs or personally checking 5 different Costcos around Atlanta with no luck, I finally found one location that had like 15 copies. So I got mine. Thanks OP!

Anyone know of other 360 games being clearanced at Costco?

Score, Lego Star wars is a great game at what it does: cute simple puzzle in the Star Wars universe. I'm not even a huge SW fan and loved it. My brother in law is a huge fan and thought it was great.

The main problem I had with the game is camera angle in coop multiplayer: it's one of these games where it's clear that the game was designed for one local player, and the second local player was added as an afterthough. we often had to have one player drop out.

Anyway, for 32$ it's a great deal. I paid 20$ for the previous version not that long ago.

Congrats to everyone who found a copy!

bread's done
Back