Lego Star Wars II (Xbox 360): Pre-order $39.99 @ outpost.com

[quote name='iheartmetal']the game is 39.99 msrp, so thats not much of a deal[/QUOTE]

MSRP for the 360 version is $49.99, so it's a bit of a deal.

Ground shipping is around $6 for me, so if you don't have to have it immediately you can save a few dollars that way.

[quote name='lanleague']How's this version different than the current gen offerings?[/QUOTE]

-Slightly shinier
-Achievements
-$10 higher retail price
-Looks like you'll have to pay to unlock the characters from the first game

I say just buy the current gen game and play it on next gen systems. But the first one is loads of fun and they seemed to fix the dumb little things. Can't wait until it's $20. :)

[quote name='David85']I say just buy the current gen game and play it on next gen systems. But the first one is loads of fun and they seemed to fix the dumb little things. Can't wait until it's $20. :)[/QUOTE]

Different O ;)

Edit: Eh, even with the crazy shipping, it still comes up to $46.50; a bit cheaper than $50 + tx (even with the Target $5 gift card). I may bite if I can't find a che3aper option.

People have said graphic wise that the 360 version is slightly shinier... I wonder how the current version will compare when played on a 360 and upscaled to 720p. Will there be any noticable difference at all? I'm thinking the $10 is almost stricly for acheivements.

[quote name='psychobrawler']People have said graphic wise that the 360 version is slightly shinier... I wonder how the current version will compare when played on a 360 and upscaled to 720p. Will there be any noticable difference at all? I'm thinking the $10 is almost stricly for acheivements.[/QUOTE]

The scary thing is I almsot feel like it is worth it... :oops:

Don't forget; if you buy the XBox1 version, it probably *won't* work on the 360. They're pretty rough on that.

[quote name='emperordahc']Don't forget; if you buy the XBox1 version, it probably *won't* work on the 360. They're pretty rough on that.[/QUOTE]

I believe it's already on the BC list....so, the 360 version gives you achievements and HD graphics

[quote name='emperordahc']Don't forget; if you buy the XBox1 version, it probably *won't* work on the 360. They're pretty rough on that.[/QUOTE]

No no, it's already BC, didn't you see the new update?

^nope.

Pros:
1. Xbox 360 Controller owns the S-type & Duke controllers
2. Resale value - the Xbox version will not yield a decent return come selling time.
3. 720p
4. Live awareness for future downloads and possible expansions
5. Achievements
6. Support. The Xbox is dead and no longer being manufactured. Get it for the system that is guaranteed to last the next 4 or so years.

Cons:
1. $10 extra dollars
2. Can't import characters from the first game
3. Charging $$ to download said characters from the marketplace.

I guess I'll be picking it up at Fry's next week or PM'ing at my CC. 99.9% of the time is the same price instore for the first week of release.

[quote name='Corvin']^nope.

Pros:
1. Xbox 360 Controller owns the S-type & Duke controllers
2. Resale value - the Xbox version will not yield a decent return come selling time.
3. 720p
4. Live awareness for future downloads and possible expansions
5. Achievements
6. Support. The Xbox is dead and no longer being manufactured. Get it for the system that is guaranteed to last the next 4 or so years.

Cons:
1. $10 extra dollars
2. Can't import characters from the first game
3. Charging $$ to download said characters from the marketplace.[/QUOTE]

I doubgt they'll pull a shitty move of having you pay for the extra characters that everyone else gets for free. I perdict most/all of the original characters from LSW1 to be free, but later new characters will cost money.

i didn't really play the first one, what's this whole thing about importing characters? i'm really interested in playing/buying this one, i was gonna get it for 360 because of the 720p, i haven't played a xbox game on the 360, but if i did, would this xbox version game be upscaled?

[quote name='dragn018']i didn't really play the first one, what's this whole thing about importing characters? i'm really interested in playing/buying this one, i was gonna get it for 360 because of the 720p, i haven't played a xbox game on the 360, but if i did, would this xbox version game be upscaled?[/QUOTE]

Yargh. I'm tired of posting this. You can eventually download all of the characters from the first game, it was said by one of the game designers on one of gamespot's "On the Spot" episodes. The pricing though, is up in the air.

bread's done
Back