LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

flybrione

CAGiversary!
Feedback
19 (100%)

Features

LEGO® Star Wars™: The Complete Saga enables families to play through the events of all six Star Wars movies in one videogame for the first time ever. New levels, new characters, and new features add to the fun, creativity and tongue-in-cheek humor that made LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game and LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy such huge hits.

• Puzzle solving: Solve puzzles that encourage creative thinking through the use of teamwork and unique building situations only possible in a LEGO galaxy far, far away.
  • New levels: New bonus levels and 10 additional Bounty Hunter Missions offer new challenges in the Prequel Trilogy. New levels, such as Episode II's never-before-played high-speed pursuit of bounty hunter Zam Wessell, further complete the entire Star Wars story. Even levels from the original LEGO Star Wars such as "Mos Espa Podrace" and "Gunship Cavalry" have been revamped to feature the open vehicle gameplay of LEGO Star Wars II.
  • New characters: New playable characters including Watto, Zam Wessell, Boss Nass and more, bring the total count to over 160.
  • New features: New game features include enhanced Force powers, new power-ups, and a new Challenge Mode. And for the first time, every Prequel Trilogy character, even those without the Force, can build, as well as jump into and out of the vehicles they create.
  • New look: New high-resolution LEGO models and characters, along with new environment graphics and special effects, create visuals unparalleled by any other LEGO galaxy.
  • Customizable characters: The upgraded Character Customizer includes all Prequel Trilogy characters for the first time, while also significantly expanding customization options for millions more possibilities. Create cross-Trilogy mash-up characters like Han Windu and Lando Amidala.
  • Multiplayer: The premiere of online two-player co-op lets families play together from anywhere in the world for the first time.

Taken from Lucasarts . . .

Lucasfilm has posted the following press release on the game:

LEGO® Star Wars: The Complete Saga

DESCRIPTION
Building on the success of both LEGO® Star Wars™ “block-buster” videogames, LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga enables families to play through the events of all six Star Wars movies in one videogame for the first time ever. Developer Traveller’s Tales takes full advantage of the unique capabilities of all three next-generation consoles, while also adding new characters, new levels and new features. Players can build and battle this fall on the Wii™, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system and Xbox 360™ videogame system from Microsoft. Traveller’s Tales is also creating an entirely new Nintendo DS™ version, developed brick by brick from the ground up.

PRODUCT INFORMATION
  • Families can commemorate the 30th anniversary of Star Wars by playing through the events of all six Star Wars movies in one videogame for the first time ever, complete with LEGO building action and minifigure humor.
  • Solve puzzles that encourage creative thinking through the use of teamwork and unique building situations only possible in a LEGO galaxy far, far away.
  • Adds new levels, new characters and new features to the fun, creativity and tongue-in-cheek humor that made LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game and LEGO Star Wars II: The Original Trilogy such huge hits.
  • New levels, such as Episode II’s never-before-played high-speed pursuit of bounty hunter Zam Wessell, further complete the entire Star Wars story.
  • New playable characters like Watto, Zam Wessell, Boss Nass and more bring the total count to over 160.
  • The upgraded Character Customizer includes all Prequel Trilogy characters for the first time, while also expanding its customization options well beyond those in LEGO Star Wars II, for millions more possibilities. Create cross-Trilogy mash-up characters like Han Windu and Lando Amidala.
  • New game features include enhanced Force powers, new power-ups, and a new Challenge Mode.
  • Levels from the original LEGO Star Wars are revamped to meet the gameplay evolutions of LEGO Star Wars II.
  • For the first time, every Prequel Trilogy character – even those without the Force – can build, as well as jump into and out of the vehicles they create.
  • Redesigned “Mos Espa Podrace” and “Gunship Cavalry” levels now encourage the open vehicle gameplay of LEGO Star Wars II.
  • New bonus levels and 10 additional Bounty Hunter Missions offer new challenges in the Prequel Trilogy.
  • Enhancements for every platform:
  • Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3: The LEGO Star Wars premiere of online two-player co-op lets families play together from anywhere in the world for the first time. :D
  • Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION 3: New high-resolution LEGO models and characters, along with new environment graphics and special effects, create visuals unparalleled by any other LEGO galaxy far, far away.
  • Wii: Motion-sensitive inputs give you exciting new ways to control your LEGO Star Wars characters.
  • Nintendo DS: Created from the ground up by Traveller’s Tales, this version incorporates exclusive touch-screen action and challenges.
  • Peek behind the scenes with the bonus video “The Building of LEGO Star Wars.”
Online co-op has me sold! I can't wait I love these games.

Yesssssss! I was going to buy LSWII for 25 bucks CDN recently but didn't and boy am I glad. New maps, characters, AND online coop for part one. (maybe/hopefully achievements too lol). I'll definitely be buying this...as long as they don't make it the price of 2 new games added together.

I'm not that familiar with Lego Star Wars games. Is this a completely new game or a re-hash of previous games?

[quote name='Kevlar281']I'm not that familiar with Lego Star Wars games. Is this a completely new game or a re-hash of previous games?[/quote]

They're modified versions of the previous games...added lots of stuff so its bound to be better.

Well, fuck. Explains why they dropped the price on the other versions across the board.

Guess it's time to trade both games in once this gets priced and released.

I really liked LSWII for the 360 but after I finished playing I was really finished playing. A sequel or retooling doesn't sound interesting - it's just a very basic hack and slash game with GREAT licenses and a very nice coat of paint.

[quote name='arnoldrimmer']I've played parts of the first 2 games and I just didn't see whats so fun about it.[/QUOTE]

What he said.

[quote name='sp00ge']I'd think so, considering the original games had it.[/QUOTE]
Cool, thanks. I don't have the originals. I was considering LSW II since the drop but now I'll hold off.

Meh. The gameplay was really dumbed down for the preteen target audience. Lucasarts should announce something about a real game.... like where the hell is Kotor III?

Meh. The gameplay was really dumbed down for the preteen target audience. Lucasarts should announce something about a real game.... like where the hell is Kotor III?

That's what the lego games are supposed to be like. Family oriented but a ton of fun, which they are. As for a "real" SW game. Force Unleashed is coming next year, and its looking excellent. Also the rumor is the next KOTOR is a MMO of some sort

[quote name='Corvin']but the question begs... will there be all new achievements? :)[/QUOTE]

I'm going to assume they are new now that it looks like a revised game (and not just the first one tacked on to the second one). So I'm going to continue to get the achievements for LSW II and then pick this up in the distant future when it hits $20 or $30. By then I might want to play through it again (plus revisit the first part which I played on the GC).

The challenges in LSW II for the achievements can be pretty tough (the ones where you have to finish a level without dying), particularly on some of the vehicle levels. I don't know that I'll ever get all of them.

[quote name='io']I'm going to assume they are new now that it looks like a revised game (and not just the first one tacked on to the second one). So I'm going to continue to get the achievements for LSW II and then pick this up in the distant future when it hits $20 or $30. By then I might want to play through it again (plus revisit the first part which I played on the GC).

The challenges in LSW II for the achievements can be pretty tough (the ones where you have to finish a level without dying), particularly on some of the vehicle levels. I don't know that I'll ever get all of them.[/QUOTE]

That's what I was thinking about the achievements.

Actually ALL the regular levels are cake to get through without dying. How easy?
Buy a ghost character

The vehicle levels are also pretty easy except for 1 or 2 of them. Death Star II being the hardest. Hoth is easier than it looks, they are pretty generous with the hearts. To make most of these pretty easy
buy a TIE Intercepter, it is the fastest ship and fires 4 shots at a time

But you are right, once you are done with this game 100% you won't want to play it for a long while. lol. Waiting for a drop on the Saga is probably a good idea.

[quote name='Dijital']So then will there be 3000 Gamer Points on this then?[/QUOTE]

Probably not, considering that only 1000 points are spread out among all the games in Half Life 2 Orange Box

[quote name='shrike4242']Guess it's time to trade both games in once this gets priced and released.[/QUOTE]

My thoughts exactly. I'm going to go add it into my trade bag now actually.

[quote name='Corvin']That's what I was thinking about the achievements.

Actually ALL the regular levels are cake to get through without dying. How easy?
Buy a ghost character

The vehicle levels are also pretty easy except for 1 or 2 of them. Death Star II being the hardest. Hoth is easier than it looks, they are pretty generous with the hearts. To make most of these pretty easy
buy a TIE Intercepter, it is the fastest ship and fires 4 shots at a time

.[/QUOTE]

D'oh! I should have thought of that (your first spoiler) but I don't have them yet. Some have been pretty easy even with regular characters. I guess I figured they wouldn't allow those to be used. As for the vehicles, yeah, I thought Hoth might be one of them but last time I played it trying to do the studs thing I think I only died a few times, so I see how it *could* be possible. The second Death Star, yeah, I'm not looking forward to that one :lol:. The asteroid one looks a bit challenging too, only in that the perspective is so bad on that one it's hard to see what you are doing.

Having noted that, I'm actually NOT too excited about them messing with the vehicle levels in the first Lego Star Wars to make them more "open" as they claim. Since it is such a gimped openness (all effectively on a 2-D plane) I'm not too excited for that - ooh, we'll be able to flip our pod racer around and go backwards, whoopee.

lol trailer was pretty nicely made I guess :). The part I liked most was the end where they said "This Fall, blah blah blah" so it's coming out pretty soon! :D

f'n darth showing luke a poloroid of them together to prove that he is his father, good stuff

Those look like a lot more fun to go for than LSWII. I think enough time has passed since I played that one that I'm ready to jump back in. Any word on SRP yet? Despite the game being revised, I'm hoping for less than $60.

At least they got a bit more creative with the Achievements this time; especially with the middle group.

Still have Lego SW II sitting over in the corner that I only played for a little while when it came out. Never did play the first one. Seems like I will be getting this anyways.

Haven't re-skimmed the thread but looks like I answered my own question. Amazon is showing a list price of $49.99 for 360, and a release date of Nov. 6.

I'll wait until middle of the year next year for this one. LSW2 dropped hard in price and I expect this to do the same. Too many games at this point to buy a Lego Star Wars game.

[quote name='akilshohen']so who's getting this game next week? I'm really tempted to.[/QUOTE]

I put it on the Christmas list. If I don't get it, I'm waiting for a price drop.

(zombie speech) It has "Star Wars" on the package... Must buy ... must have everything with Star Wars on the package... (drool)

bread's done
Back