Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust (360) -- $19.99 @ GameStop

This game is awful.. the humor is DEAD... a complete and utter waste of the series. I feel like paying $20 made me get ripped off..

The screen tearing is AWFUL.. gj codemasters on ruining what was once a great series.

[quote name='bywaytm']Wow, thats not cool at all. You authorized them to charge your Credit card $20.00+shipping and if that what you saw on your final confirmation screen then thats what should be charged.

It is illegal to tell someone you are going to take $20, then after agreement actually take $30 and after complaint say you wont give the money back. Doesn't matter if they offer a gift card, that card isn't as valuable as cash.

Assuming you used a credit card and not a debit card:
I would call again and ask for the money back and threaten a chargeback. If they still wont budge I don't think the credit card company would have any problem going through with the chargeback, and gamestop might get in trouble by visa or mastercard or whatever card you used and be more careful about this in the future.

For those who don't know what a chargeback is:
http://consumerist.com/250656/what-is-a-chargeback[/QUOTE]

Return the game back instore and keep the Gift Card or dispute the credit charge and keep the game & gift Card. If GS wanna play... either way you win win :)

[quote name='BillyDKid']Here's a review link: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/leisure-suit-larry-box-office-bust-review

They gave it 2/10. I think you'll enjoy reading the review more than playing the game.
I'll still give it a shot eventually but it sounds like a major turd. Get The Guy Game instead :)[/quote]

I stopped reading after this:

It's also the only joke that does not revolve around penises, vaginas or the fact that sometimes people like to put one inside the other.

I can't take someone seriously who has no clue what the LSL series is about. I'm actually disappointed that this game isn't as lewd as Magna Cum Laude. It's not as good, but it's not a waste of time either. To me, it's a nice break from shooting things in the head on the Xbox 360. It's not the best game ever, and it definitely has some graphical issues. But it's $20 for some juvenile entertainment. People have paid much more, for much less.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']No offense Scorch, but you know this from calling...or from sitting on your ass and checking the stock locator online?[/quote]

I've had the flu all week, so you best believe I sat on my ass and checked the stock locator.. lol.. not worth getting out to check.

[quote name='Scorch']I've had the flu all week, so you best believe I sat on my ass and checked the stock locator.. lol.. not worth getting out to check.[/quote]

Haha, I feel for you man. I've been avoiding people like a miserly bastard. Nothing says illness like constant rain and 40 degree temperature swings. Not sure why the stock locator isn't working for this game though. I guess Gamestop doesn't feel it's worth the effort. Maybe I'm a simpleton, but I'm enjoying it, lol.

[quote name='Scorch']No Gamestop stores within 100 miles of me has this in stock. Either the $20 pricepoint made it extremely hard to come across, or they haven't gotten shipments in yet. I find it hard to believe that it's sold out everywhere within 100 miles unless each store only got one.[/quote]

if you are going based off of their website it's wrong. It says the same thing for me too but when I called the store they said they had it. Plan on getting it tomorrow.

I picked it up used on Thursday (still didn't show up locally on Gamestop.com, but I asked one store to check others in the area) with the 20% off 360 coupon. I haven't played it yet, but I'm glad I got it, since they just raised the price to $29.99 new/$24.99 used. This deal is dead.

i actually went in the first day of this deal and bought one, they didn't have it on the shelve's i had to ask them to grab it from the back....too bad it's dead already. I haven't played it yet myself either...but i hope it's like the other ones, they were fun.

I picked it up too. It's not *quite* as bad as reviews make it out to be, but that's still pretty bad. Very disappointing for fans.

Pros:

It's surprisingly not broken.
You can get achievements.
Driving around is kinda fun.

Cons:

Basically replaces fun minigames of the past with weak platforming & boring racing.
Completely replaces visually sexual humor of past games with non-stop idiotic vulgarity.

DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!

I've played 185+ games on the 360 and I've beaten previous LSL games and this is by FAR the worst of both worlds. I don't even want to go into why it is so bad because I don't want to relive a second of it in my head.

This game is bad. I spent 20 on it and regret it but acted like I liked it and played it for about 20 hours because my girlfriend got it for me as a birthday present so I played it while she was around not to seem ungrateful. Its pretty horrid I let a guy borrow it at work and he gave it back to me the next day. I told him he could have it as long as he wanted and he didn't even want to bother with it.

[quote name='bywaytm']Well the official price at release is $29.99. Everyone else is still selling at that price. Gamestop just tends to be a couple weeks ahead of price drops and in this case perhaps even farther ahead.[/QUOTE]

LOL. Gamestop is normally the last place to sell a new game at a reduced price. I shop there all the time, but it's almost only for cheap used games (for anything above $10, I wait for a B2G1 sale or a 25% off and stack with Edge)). Target, TRU and Walmart clearances have decent to great new game sales.

They are the price leader for Box Office Bust (new) right now; I'll give them that.

[quote name='jkanownik']DO NOT BUY THIS GAME!!!!!!!

I've played 185+ games on the 360 and I've beaten previous LSL games and this is by FAR the worst of both worlds. I don't even want to go into why it is so bad because I don't want to relive a second of it in my head.[/QUOTE]

Wow. I also own about 180+ 360 games, so I'm trying to imagine how bad the game is. I mean I have to buy it at some point since I'm a 360 collector, but I'll wait until it's $10 or less.

[quote name='voidedx']Wow. I also own about 180+ 360 games, so I'm trying to imagine how bad the game is. I mean I have to buy it at some point since I'm a 360 collector, but I'll wait until it's $10 or less.[/QUOTE]

180 -- yikes -- you must be buying every game on the console; the 360 hasn't even been out that long ;-)

I've got about 400 across PS2, XBX, DC and GCN -- 99% purchased new (and mostly still new) but I tend to keep to the well-scored titles and of course some oddballs and LEs (i.e. Pikmin 2 (still sealed) and Ikaruga for GCN, MGS Subsistence LE for PS2, Shenmue 2 PAL, SF3 JPN, and Puzzle Fighter JPN for DC).

bread's done
Back