Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust - Trailer (sad)

I love when they show trailers that have NO game footage in it. Or anything remotely close to game footage.

//edit: no nudity in this version?

IGN: The last LSL game wasn't released in several countries (Australia included) due to issues with censorship – are you taking this into account with the new game by toning it down at all?

John Melchior:
Yes, this game has been planned all along to hit the countries the last one was not able to get into. We removed all the Nudity which helped a lot and each territory will get a copy of the script before it is localized to ensure there is nothing that would prevent it from being released and so they can localize the humor for each territory. Oh I know what you are thinking, "John, that is so much work" but that is just the way I roll, extra mile is the norm.

It's like the talentless developers are trying to fail.

And I hope their game doesn't sell, just to send a message that they suck.

1190622802323uc3.png

[quote name='Scorch']I love when they show trailers that have NO game footage in it. Or anything remotely close to game footage.

//edit: no nudity in this version?[/QUOTE]

the PS2/Xbox version was censor in the US. The Europe version is uncensored.

*Urp*

You thought the Activision-VU merger would have killed this? You thought wrong.
http://www.joystiq.com/2009/02/21/codemasters-publishing-leisure-suit-larry-box-office-bust-comi/

(Ugh.) It's now being published for the PC and 360 by Codemasters, and here's the blurb from their web site (Which has some screen shots):
The original Larry is now a movie mogul, but he’s got a problem…the studio across the road always seem to know what he’s making: there must be a mole in the studio! Uncle Larry turns to you, his nephew, Larry Lovage - to solve the mystery, after all, no-one would suspect a guy working in the mail room right?

You must uncover the identity of the mole… the very existence of the studio depends upon it! What could possibly go wrong?

* Hot Hollywood voice talent from; Carmen Electra (Scary Movie) & Shannon Elizabeth (American Pie)

* Explore with Larry in a pick up and play open world, packed full of hilarious mini-games

* Play ridiculous rip-offs of classic movies, including: Bytanic, Beefcake Mountain and Horror Coffin.

* All new directors mode: Pump your creative juices in the director’s chair for your chance to create your own side-splitting movie sequences.

Yeah he looks awful. Is he supposed to be the Larry Lovage from Magna Cum Laude? He looks nothing like him! That looked like CG from around 2000 ish.

To be fair, I'll wait until it comes out. I love the older Seirra adventure games, and Magna Cum Laude, while quite the departure in tone from the original games and not exactly fun to play, was actually pretty damn funny. If it's well written then I'll give it a fair shot. Besides according to GameStop it's only going to be $30, so if it stinks that's not that huge of a loss.

I played the first game back in the day. It didn't exactly set the world on fire. I never understood the popularity of this series.

Who even plays these games anyway? If you want pixelated nudity, the whole internet is at your disposal >_>

[quote name='Canuck']Who even plays these games anyway? If you want pixelated nudity, the whole internet is at your disposal >_>[/QUOTE]

How did you find this two week old thread then?

i almost forgot that this game was around. no nudity in a leisure suit larry game is like going to disney world and theres no space mountian.

[quote name='will530']It just hasn't been the same since Love for Sail[/quote]

like i said

bring back al lowe

bread's done
Back