Lemmings Kock off

ItchyD

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I'm trying to remember the name of a Lemmings knock off for the snes or nes. It featured knights instead of lemmings, they could build bridges and stuff and when you encountered enemy knights they would fight. I think it had to do with King Arthur but I really can't remember. Anyone know what I'm talking about or did I dream it?

[quote name='ItchyD']I'm trying to remember the name of a Lemmings knock off for the snes or nes. It featured knights instead of lemmings, they could build bridges and stuff and when you encountered enemy knights they would fight. I think it had to do with King Arthur but I really can't remember. Anyone know what I'm talking about or did I dream it?[/QUOTE]
Sorry, but :rofl: at the typo in the title...

The game is called King Arthur's World. I never played it but I remember it from an old magazine. It was one of the games that supported the SNES mouse and lots a kock off.

That was a pretty fun game. Hard to find back in the day. I remember renting it once and never seeing it again.

I played the first few levels today, and although it's hampered by it's controls i am finding it even more awesome than I did as a kid. I rented this twice when I was young and haven't played it since. I am really interested to see where this game goes, since with save states it's gonna be alot easier :)

I had never even heard of this game before I read this thread. It sounds pretty neat. I'll have to check it out. It seems to go pretty cheap on ebay, but I guess it's even cheaper if I want to go another route.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2c9ra9xALc

Well I finished it and I must say it's an extremely awesome game. I salute you if you finish this game. It takes ALOT of planning and patience. It's kind of like a side scrolling RTS, it's a pretty rare genre, for me at least...

Some strategies I came up with:

Shieldmen don't seem that great but they are awesome! If you put a shieldman next to a group of enemies you can bring in a set of archers behind him and crush hundreds of bad guys (this is really important when you fight the green guys in high levels)

Don't try to kill thing with your barrel guys they are pretty much just for blowing doors open and setting fires.

At high levels you may build a platform too far from a ledge, this can be a major problem. Fortunately your structures are all wooden and barrel guys will make short work of them, so you can rebuild.

The white wizard's shield spell makes your guys temporarily invincible, this is great for having someone fall a long distance. You can use it for fighting but I find that the strength spell is usually better.

As far as I can tell the gold is only used as like a scoring mechanism, you can't buy more guys with it or anything.

bread's done
Back