Lenovo Ideapad A1 7" Tablet Pre-orders $199

Yet still more functional than the Kindle Fire will be out the box. This had direct access to the Google Market and Android OS. And this processor should be able to handle pretty much everything you need to handle on Android Gingerbread

I would easily choose this over the Fire if I was in the market for a reasonably priced tablet

Yea thats the killer thing with me too, its only a single core. Kindle Fire will be better for the long term even without the cameras. Once the Kindle Fire is hacked, it'll be a real tablet killer.

I'm dying to see how the 8" Xoom 2 looks. Price will probably be closer to $300 though since it is much more powerful than this tablet.

Single Core = fail. I'll stick with my Kindle Fire (dual core) preorder, I have plenty of Amazon content to use it with (cloud MP3, videos, and there are plenty of Amazon Apps).

I'll give the pros and cons of this model over the Fire:

Pros:

• Access to the Android OS 2.3 (aka Gingerbread), meaning more customizable out the box, you're not tied to what Amazon wants you to use (which happens to be mostly their content). This will obviously change if/when the Fire is rooted
  • Access to Google Market - This is a huge plus over the Fire. You have hundreds of thousands of apps to use here VS the Fire which relies on the selective Amazon app store
  • Comes loaded with twice as much storage as the Fire 16GB vs 8GB
  • Has a front and rear camera - so you can do video chats on Skype, take pictures, etc...
  • Has an microSD expansion slot, the Fire has no room whatsoever for expansion besides relying on the cloud
  • Has Bluetooth - You can do any number of things with this including using a BT Mouse/KB, hooking up a Wii Remote and playing ROMs (though I'm not endorsing that), etc..

Cons:

• Not an IPS display so it won't look as good and probably won't have as good viewing angles
  • Uses a single core processor vs dual core. I have an older Archos tablet (the Archos 70) with this same CPU and it has yet to have any trouble running any app or playing any video. I even have Netflix running on mine and it's perfect. I think people here fail to realize that this isn't for a full sized computer, a single core is fine for a tablet this size.

Obviously not a completely exhaustive list, but clearly this isn't that bad an alternative to the Fire for the same price. And I'd argue that the pros for this definitely outweigh the cons and makes it a better tablet out the box. People just spouting out "fail" when this debuted before the Kindle Fire are no different from clueless clones who simply repeat whatever the populace says and thinks. On Monday, B&N will announce their new tablet, which will another option to play with. They'll also drop the price of the current Nook Color to $199 supposedly, though you can get it much cheaper elsewhere right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Or in my case the $150 32gb touchpad :)

Still this Lenovo tablet seems pretty good

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='XF Gator']Lenovo=Fail[/QUOTE]

lolno.

[quote name='Nagasami']Yuppers!! especially running Android on it :lol:[/QUOTE]
Why would you take godOS out?
whats wrong with you?

[quote name='ssjmichael']I'll give the pros and cons of this model over the Fire:

Pros:

• Access to the Android OS 2.3 (aka Gingerbread), meaning more customizable out the box, you're not tied to what Amazon wants you to use (which happens to be mostly their content). This will obviously change if/when the Fire is rooted
  • Access to Google Market - This is a huge plus over the Fire. You have hundreds of thousands of apps to use here VS the Fire which relies on the selective Amazon app store
  • Comes loaded with twice as much storage as the Fire 16GB vs 8GB
  • Has a front and rear camera - so you can do video chats on Skype, take pictures, etc...
  • Has an microSD expansion slot, the Fire has no room whatsoever for expansion besides relying on the cloud
  • Has Bluetooth - You can do any number of things with this including using a BT Mouse/KB, hooking up a Wii Remote and playing ROMs (though I'm not endorsing that), etc..

Cons:

• Not an IPS display so it won't look as good and probably won't have as good viewing angles
  • Uses a single core processor vs dual core. I have an older Archos tablet (the Archos 70) with this same CPU and it has yet to have any trouble running any app or playing any video. I even have Netflix running on mine and it's perfect. I think people here fail to realize that this isn't for a full sized computer, a single core is fine for a tablet this size.

Obviously not a completely exhaustive list, but clearly this isn't that bad an alternative to the Fire for the same price. And I'd argue that the pros for this definitely outweigh the cons and makes it a better tablet out the box. People just spouting out "fail" when this debuted before the Kindle Fire are no different from clueless clones who simply repeat whatever the populace says and thinks. On Monday, B&N will announce their new tablet, which will another option to play with. They'll also drop the price of the current Nook Color to $199 supposedly, though you can get it much cheaper elsewhere right now.[/QUOTE]

:D
I knew i should have made a list like that. If i did not have a tablet, this would be perfect for me. Lenovo is also promoting the GPS in this device. Perhaps GPS could also fall on the Pros :).

[quote name='guitarguy']LOL seriously guys?

Don't be cheap and get an iPad[/QUOTE]

its not cheap, ipad is a great device but for 500 bucks thats alot. 500 territory is real computer territory. I wouldn't spend 500 bucks on a tablet at least until windows 8 and thats only if the hardware comes correct.

bread's done
Back