Lent: Why's it always video games?

jaso

CAGiversary!
Feedback
60 (100%)
Since it's Ash Wednesday, this one's for the Catholics at CAG: What are you giving up for Lent? And do family members ever pressure you to give up video games?

It just ain't ever happening. But post what you're giving up here.

I'm not Catholic, but always give up something for lent. I know videogames would be impossible to give up. I haven't decided what to give up yet. I gave up pizza last year.

[quote name='Zen Davis']I've given up going to the bathroom.

I'm going to hold it for the entire way through.[/QUOTE]

Pics or it didn't happen :p

Oh yeah, it's Ash Wednesday.
That reminds me: Meatloaf for dinner ;)

I'm not giving up anything. I never was able to keep it, and it's a stupid thing to do. Hated going to catholic school and EVEEEERYONE was like "Im GIVEN UP CHOCOLATE LOL LOL LOL :)".. ugh.

My GF gives up Candy every yea....big whoop... A few weeks of no candy VS a the rest of the year of Candy. I keep on telling her give up something else but she doesn't.

[quote name='ITDEFX']My GF gives up Candy every yea....big whoop... A few weeks of no candy VS a the rest of the year of Candy. I keep on telling her give up something else but she doesn't.[/quote]

Then dump the bitch.

And while you are at it dump the lame religion.

I don't give anything up for Lent.

To me, it seems a bit tacky for people to "celebrate" Lent by using it as an excuse to lose weight. (Most people give up a food.)

Especially those that don't associate with the religion in any other way.

When I cared, my parents would suggest to give up video games. That never happened.

Now, I can be like the other cool kids and say, "I'm giving up religion.. HURRRRRRR"

[quote name='crystalklear64']When I cared, my parents would suggest to give up video games. That never happened.

Now, I can be like the other cool kids and say, "I'm giving up religion.. HURRRRRRR"[/QUOTE]

OR!!!!!!
You can be even COOLER and say "I'm giving up giving up stuff LOL!"

I guess Im the only real practicing catholic here, lol. I stopped giving up stuff, cause it means shit and its meaningless, if you are still going to do sinful things.

I CANNOT give up video games, it its just to hard. although, I'm considering giving up BUYING games. I can get more gamesw finished, and save a heapload of money. Although, I've already broke it. I bought kirby: canvas curse in gamestop ON ASH WEDNESDAY. It was on sale :mad:.

I'll start now. Wish me luck

bread's done
Back