Let's talk about Need for Speed Most Wanted

mmn

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (100%)
Didn't see a thread about this game yet so...

Anyone playing NFS : MW? I'm about 60% through the game and I'm still torn on exactly how much I like it.

The races themselves are alright and the AI of your opponents is challenging but not impossible. But the shitty part of the game is getting your bounty up. The problem is you could have a 25 minute chase going and make one mistake and you get NOTHING for it. It almost makes the game unplayable at times due to frustration.

I've been using the Porsche 911 for the main races and challenging rivals and the Mercedes for police chases. What cars do you guys think are best in the game?

i agree with you on the bounty, its frustrating at times. all i have to say is that your going to have alot of fun with the last 2.

i myself find i have to much fun just doing free roam and only have like 17% of the game complete, im just afraid i guess lol

One of the best launch titles ever. I am on Blacklist #9 and am loving everyminute of it. I also find it fun to get the police to chase me ala Grand Theft Auto. If you love the NFS series or love arcade style driving games this is a definate buy.

Im #2 on the blacklist going for the last couple races and they are hard and frustrating. I have to get $10,000,000 bounty and I only have $7,800,000, which is going to take forever. The game is really good and really fun. Blacklist #4 and up is where it gets harder, a tip is to play the races that have maximum cop probabilty, when the cops show up they slow down the other racers.

I agree. I absolutely love this game but I'm on Blacklist racer #5 and I can't get the required milestones. I'll be close to winning and just like you said I'll run over a spike strip and all that work was for nothing. I've even tried using the bus glitch a couple of times but I still have bad luck doing that.

it's a pretty good game in my opinion. The plot is so over the top cheesy stupid that it's kind of amusing haha. But I definetly have to tear out those ugly vynls from the blacklist cars I win.

I just got this game since BB had it for 34.99 if you complained about the AD and it's def worht that price. I didn't get them to work the 10 off tho =( that other CAG got it for 24.99

I was very happy with the game. I also got frustrated with the bounty and milestones at times, but I was able to beat blacklist #1 without too much difficulty. I used the Toyota Supra (1st half) and Lamborgini Gallardo (2nd half) for most of the game. I also used the Ford GT at the end when the heat was too high on my Gallardo.

I know no one is talking about it, but the DS version is junk. I rented it from Gamefly and played it for less than 5 minutes before placing it back in the envelope and sending it back.

It's ok, it was free so it's worth what I paid for it. I just beat the #10 guy last time I played, or maybe #9 I forget lol.

[quote name='Zoglog']it's a pretty good game in my opinion. The plot is so over the top cheesy stupid that it's kind of amusing haha. But I definetly have to tear out those ugly vynls from the blacklist cars I win.

I just got this game since BB had it for 34.99 if you complained about the AD and it's def worht that price. I didn't get them to work the 10 off tho =( that other CAG got it for 24.99[/QUOTE]

HAHA! I would have gotten people copies if they asked before the ad ended.
The game is fun but It freezes up every once in a great while(maybe1 time for every 30 hours). I just beat Izzy last night and it shows a pic of her holding a wrench very sexy like and then nothing! it frooze.

[quote name='jkanownik']Forgot to mention that the game froze up one time while I was playing it.[/QUOTE]

mine froze up twice in totaly differnt spots, but i dont mind

Well I just beat Razor and basically beat the game since I unlocked all the achievements, but the last police pursuit they put you on is the most frustrating bullshit thing I've ever had to play in a video game. After about 10 tries I gave up. I might give it a try next week if I don't end up trading the game today.

Decent game until the very end.

I have gotten bored with it after about 10 hours of play...It's fun though...I am liking the deepness of Project Gotham way more

i have a big hdtv and the framerate drops and stuttering drive me insane. i find it hard to force myself to continue playing with the drops being so hard on the eyes/annoying.

[quote name='mmn']Well I just beat Razor and basically beat the game since I unlocked all the achievements, but the last police pursuit they put you on is the most frustrating bullshit thing I've ever had to play in a video game. After about 10 tries I gave up. I might give it a try next week if I don't end up trading the game today.
[/QUOTE]

If you figure out a way to jump back to the police chase without having to beat Razor again, let me know.

[quote name='mmn']Well I just beat Razor and basically beat the game since I unlocked all the achievements, but the last police pursuit they put you on is the most frustrating bullshit thing I've ever had to play in a video game. After about 10 tries I gave up. I might give it a try next week if I don't end up trading the game today.

Decent game until the very end.[/QUOTE]

I heard this from others as well, you have to keep running away from them, theres no way to evade them...after a while Mia calls you and tells you to take a bridge, once you get there it cuts off to a cutscene and you're done. They should have done an achievement for completion of the game as well, knowing how hard it is, how will people know if you actually beat it or not.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I heard this from others as well, you have to keep running away from them, theres no way to evade them...after a while Mia calls you and tells you to take a bridge, once you get there it cuts off to a cutscene and you're done. They should have done an achievement for completion of the game as well, knowing how hard it is, how will people know if you actually beat it or not.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Its rediculous. I went through an obstacle, the donut, to try to stop some police cars behind me, and when the "cutscene" of the donut dropping ended and it put me back in the car, I had run over spike strips. After about 6 minutes of running there's spike strips everywhere and for some reason the computer controlled 'Vettes are able to push your car around as though you have no weight at all.

As far as I'm concerned, I did beat the game. Screw that bullcrap police chase.

Finally beat Razor yesterday and the cop chase after 3 tries. The cop chase is not as hard as everyone says it is. All you gotta do is keep moving, keep turning so that you keep the cops guessing and avoid spikes or blockades, use focus when you do get blocks to avoid strips and use the boost when in tight spaces, dont be afraid to use reverse. The chase took about 5min and then I got the call from Mia to go to a bridge. Jumped the bridge and it was over.

You can get easy bounty points by driving thru the bus station (the building w/ lots of glass) and go up the ramp and stay on top of the bus near the edge where the cops can see you. If your heat level is 4 or 5, you'll get 25,000 pts every 10 seconds. The cops have a difficult time finding the ramp up to catch you, but once in a while a cop will find its way up. Just drive off the bus and the cop car that got on top will follow, then just as you impact the ground hit select to reset your car back on top fo the bus. If you want to evade just reverse until the evade meter starts to increase, and you'll cool down and no cops will be able to track you down. If there's helicopter and you try to evade just go back into the building under the roof. I spent 8 mins doing that and I got easy 1 million bounty. Good for clearing bounty fast when you dont feel like doing chases.

Anyone have any more suggestions as to which Blacklist cars I should try and go after w/ the markers? I've been pretty lucky so far opening up the last 3 pink slips. I'm working on number 8 right now.

I've only been able to get my Heat level up to 3 and those damn kamikaze SUVs got me one time ruining a perfectly good bounty haul. Where's that damn bus station anyway that you all are talking about? It's not one of the places listed as the hot spots and I can never find it when I need to find cops.

I have always selected the middle first then the first one. I'm pretty sure I've been able to get them all by doing that. The best ones come after you race the girl with the Mustang GT (number 5 maybe?).

[quote name='SteveMcQ']I've only been able to get my Heat level up to 3 and those damn kamikaze SUVs got me one time ruining a perfectly good bounty haul. [/QUOTE]

Whenever you spot the SUV's press the X button (focus mode) and you can easily avoid them. Always remember to use focus when you are in tight spots or spot dangerous situations like road blocks and spike strips to ensure your escape.

well I got #9 on the blacklist. This game is pretty fun :D I actually think it's more fun than Burnout. I was so annoyed by the Underground series games. The reintroduction of police is certainly refreshing. Game can get fustrating on long runs tho. Also I think the fact they have real cars helps a whole lot. I know why Burnout can't have real cars but it's just annoying. Same with RR, I never have any motivation to unlock those crappy cars.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']Whenever you spot the SUV's press the X button (focus mode) and you can easily avoid them. Always remember to use focus when you are in tight spots or spot dangerous situations like road blocks and spike strips to ensure your escape.[/QUOTE]Yeah, the problem is I always think it's one of those Camaros and two cars coming head on at 140+mph, next thing I know he's right in my windshield and it's too late.

I'm finding I have trouble when they corner me on grass though. I just get no traction and I end up spinning and get busted, though I've only been caught twice so far, but I was hoping I'd get through the game w/o a single capture.

[quote name='SteveMcQ']Yeah, the problem is I always think it's one of those Camaros and two cars coming head on at 140+mph, next thing I know he's right in my windshield and it's too late.

I'm finding I have trouble when they corner me on grass though. I just get no traction and I end up spinning and get busted, though I've only been caught twice so far, but I was hoping I'd get through the game w/o a single capture.[/QUOTE]The only advice I could give regarding the SUV's is to immediately reverse if they hit you head-on. If you attempt to fight it and gas, it'll be pointless and the cops behind you will eventually hit you and sandwich you. If you reverse when they hit you, you can spin and continue the opposite direction without much problem.

Also, whenever the cop cars box me in and I have no chance of escaping, I push the reset car button. 9/10 times they'll bust me as I spawn but there's always that one time where I get away with it.

[quote name='SteveMcQ'] Where's that damn bus station anyway that you all are talking about? It's not one of the places listed as the hot spots and I can never find it when I need to find cops.[/QUOTE]

Pic taken from IGN:
nfsmw.jpg

It's right below that pursuit breaker, if you drive into the fence, you'll see a lot of parked buses and a building made of glass. Inside the building there are 2 ramps to get up to the top so you can drive off the edge and land on top of the parked buses. Make sure you pick 'bounty' and select 'Rosewood Police Station' (the very first one), let the police follow you to the station which is south of the starting point.

Thanks for the pic. For some reason, I keep thinking it's in the campus area and that it takes up more space on the map. I do like going in circles around the campus area though and hit all the signs down and I'm usually able to get 2 or 3 roadblocks put up, but after that, I gotta move around. It's gonna be a pain in the ass legitimately going after the Bounty totals though. I'm only on number 8 and the next jump up I need is $250k to get to 1 million. I shudder to think that Razor takes what...10 million? Yikes.

Yah Razor takes 10 million, but only a 3 million jump from 7 million required for 2nd place Satu (or Sato whatever his name is). If you have heat level 5 later in the game, you can get a million bounty doing the bus trick in about 10 minute.

I just rented this game yesterday and so far this game has been very fun. This game is definately at least worth a rental.

Anyone check out the PGR demo after playing NFS:MW? I sold my copy of NFS thinking that I would just pick up PGR later because it got better reviews. After playing the PGR demo I am really wishing I had NFS back. There is no way that the people that reviewed these games actually played both of them.

[quote name='jkanownik']Anyone check out the PGR demo after playing NFS:MW? I sold my copy of NFS thinking that I would just pick up PGR later because it got better reviews. After playing the PGR demo I am really wishing I had NFS back. There is no way that the people that reviewed these games actually played both of them.[/QUOTE]

I owned both briefly. I played PGR3 after NS:MW and I was very disappointed. I thought it was an arcade racer as well but it was to much of a simulation for my taste and I traded it in after playing it for 30min or so. I dont see how most reviews market PGR3 as an arcade racer.

I've got both and I'm putting more time into NFS:MW.

As far as PGR, I wouldn't call it a simulation racer either. You can head around turns without using the proper braking points and such, so in that sense it is an arcade racer.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I owned both briefly. I played PGR3 after NS:MW and I was very disappointed. I thought it was an arcade racer as well but it was to much of a simulation for my taste and I traded it in after playing it for 30min or so. I dont see how most reviews market PGR3 as an arcade racer.[/QUOTE]

It is more of an arcade racer than a sim. A sim is Gran Turismo or Forza. If you've played either of those you know PGR is much more forgiving when it comes to power sliding, braking, etc. PGR is a great game, but it requires much more patience than Most Wanted does.

[quote name='mmn']It is more of an arcade racer than a sim. A sim is Gran Turismo or Forza. If you've played either of those you know PGR is much more forgiving when it comes to power sliding, braking, etc. PGR is a great game, but it requires much more patience than Most Wanted does.[/QUOTE]

Im not into the sims at all, I guess thats why its more of a sim to me than an arcade racer. I couldnt power slide at all and when cars hit me into walls the car would come to a complete stop. Not as forgiving as I hoped. I'm not saying its a bad game, just not for me.

[quote name='jkanownik']Anyone check out the PGR demo after playing NFS:MW? I sold my copy of NFS thinking that I would just pick up PGR later because it got better reviews. After playing the PGR demo I am really wishing I had NFS back. There is no way that the people that reviewed these games actually played both of them.[/QUOTE]

I started playing PGR after i beat NFS and thought it was too sim like. But i put a few more hours into the game and bought a new car and it feels more arcade like then sim. You just have to learn to break around the corners and pick a decent car and the game will become pretty fun.

[quote name='RandyTsai']I started playing PGR after i beat NFS and thought it was too sim like. But i put a few more hours into the game and bought a new car and it feels more arcade like then sim. You just have to learn to break around the corners and pick a decent car and the game will become pretty fun.[/QUOTE]

What about the graphics? I was extremely dissappointed with the graphics in the demo. The road surface, cars and backgrounds all looked worse to me.

I think the graphics in PGR3 is a bit more realistic than NFSMW, partly because PGR3 has more details since each track is small, whereas NFSMW is open-ended and big and details tend to be minimal in a lot of places. But car models in PGR3 is not as great as it can be, it's comparable to NFSMW but for an arcade sim I would expect it to be better than a straight up arcade racer. I do think that you really need an HDTV in order to enjoy PGR3 to its fullest. Although I do wish PGR3 has more life to it; other than your opponent cars, not much else move in the environment. I feel a bit of Daytona all over again. For reference, I never played any of the previous PGRs or Forza on XBox before, but have played GT3/4, most NFS, and Mario Kart... :)

Damn, this game is great! Working on number 4 right now, but the cop chases are so damn intense. Those suicidal SUVs are insane. And the level 4 cops really do a good job of swarming and boxing you in close quarters. Had a chase bounty near 750k and I was on the edge of my seat trying to lose the cops, evade the SUVs, and hide from the chopper.

The Lotus Elise is pretty damn nice though for the non-bounty races. Bought most of the level 2 upgrades and I went through the races fairly easily.

I do reserve the right to retract my statements of how fun the game is when I hit the the top 3 in the blacklist though. If it's as aggravating as a huge bounty chase going down the drain after being busted, I'll likely snap the disc in half.

[quote name='mackaikai']i love this game =) but ppl on Live are so good ;o kept getting my ass kicked[/QUOTE]

Yeah, tried Live a couple of times, couldnt win a single race. It seems that the host selects a track that he/she is very familiar with and then when others join, you better know it as well or the slightest mistake will set you back.

I'm having a blast with NFS:MW. The cop chases kind of too easy for me right now, as I'm only on the 11th blacklist dude.

[quote name='mmn']Didn't see a thread about this game yet so...

Anyone playing NFS : MW? I'm about 60% through the game and I'm still torn on exactly how much I like it.

The races themselves are alright and the AI of your opponents is challenging but not impossible. But the shitty part of the game is getting your bounty up. The problem is you could have a 25 minute chase going and make one mistake and you get . It almost makes the game unplayable at times due to frustration.

I've been using the Porsche 911 for the main races and challenging rivals and the Mercedes for police chases. What cars do you guys think are best in the game?[/QUOTE]

I feel u Brother I got my bounty up to 350,000 and did one mistake and got NOTHING for it

and the game is great I also like RR6 its a great game too

bread's done
Back