Let's try to get a Phantom Dust sequel (petition)

RoboPenguin

CAGiversary!
So we've got a new petition (http://www.change.org/petitions/mic...op-a-sequel-to-the-xbox-cult-hit-phantom-dust) to try to get some interest for a Phantom dust sequel. For those who don't know, it was an AMAZING game for the OG xbox with a crazy art style and some of the most addicting gameplay ever. Microsoft didn't really believe in the project though, and as such it wasn't pushed and no sequel is ever planned. Let's see if we can't change that, or at the very least get an official comment?

Show your support if you'd like a new one! :bouncy:

One of my favorite games of all time. IIRC, the developers talked about interest in some sort of spiritual successor, but not a direct sequel. Would love to see something happen.

To be honest anything Yukio Futatsugi works with is fantastic, yet his 2 best games (PDS, P Dust) didn't sell worth a shit.

Can't wait for Project Draco. Think if anyone, he can make a good Kinect game.

[quote name='Monsta Mack']Kickstarter?[/QUOTE]

Microsoft owns the IP, kickstarter wouldn't work. a petition seems to be the only way

Do they? They dropped publishing, Majesco did it. Usually the publisher gets the rights, unless MS just sold Majesco the rights to distribute cheaply but retained the IP.

[quote name='BigPopov']Do they? They dropped publishing, Majesco did it. Usually the publisher gets the rights, unless MS just sold Majesco the rights to distribute cheaply but retained the IP.[/QUOTE]

MS published it in Japan, but wasn't going to release it abroad. Majesco published it abroad. The creator of the game said MS owns the rights.

I love Phantom Dust, it's my favorite game if I had to rank it, but not every game needs a sequel. The first game is something special and original, it stands great by itself. I showed it off to a couple friends a few months ago, we watched the cut-scenes and then played the multiplayer on split screen. They were impressed by the story and how great the game looks considering how old it is, and we had a lot of fun messing with each other in the multiplayer. It's still awesome to levitate above dudes and then hurl a big bomb below. My friends never saw it coming. haha

And the song played for the closing cut-scene, "Yes, I'm Lonely" is incredible, and really captures the mood of the story. Check it out, even if you haven't beaten the game.

Yea I would love to see an xbla port to see the online play working again. The game took a long time to become backwards compat with 360, which I am very happy it is, but it is a bit laggy when the environment collapses. Also no widescreen support on 360.

bread's done
Back