Leveling up and taking names - 2nd run throughs...

Trusty Mutsi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
31 (100%)
I am a big fan of games that let you keep your leveled up character/weapons on your second run through a game. I loved going through Resident Evil 4 a second time with uber weapons and feeling like a bad a$$.

I know Marvel Ultimate Alliance and Dead Space also do this. Are there any other games for the 360 that let you go through again with your upgraded characters/weapons and go through enemies, who were once relatively tough, like a knife through butter?

Thanks for any recommendations.

[quote name='zenintrude']Crackdown offers this, if I remember correctly.[/QUOTE]

Crackdown is a insanely good, underrated game. Basically your a cop, developing super human powers (leaping huge buildings, running very fast, insane strength, etc.) in a open world GTA environment trying to single handedly take down various gangs. You have a ton of vehicles and guns at your disposable as well as various stunt, race, destroy side missions to entertain you if the main story gets repetitive. The first few hours are tough and boring but once you start leveling up it's super addictive.

mass effect gives you bonuses your second run through, for example if you get the assault rifle acheivements in one game, the next game you will be able to become proficient with it even if your class doesn't usually allow that.

Too human lets you do this; although you don't get batshit crazy until you get some epic items and then you cut through the world.

Crackdown is by far my favorite game with replay-ability. Such an awesome awesome game.

[quote name='Frythan']mass effect gives you bonuses your second run through, for example if you get the assault rifle acheivements in one game, the next game you will be able to become proficient with it even if your class doesn't usually allow that.[/QUOTE]

Mass Effect's system for this is pretty excellent. You can also go through again on your same guy, that's the only way to reach level 50 (Or was it 60)

[quote name='Hydro2Oxide']Mass Effect's system for this is pretty excellent. You can also go through again on your same guy, that's the only way to reach level 50 (Or was it 60)[/QUOTE]

Agreed. Mass Effect does this about as well as any game I've ever played. Multiple playthroughs are also required to get all the achievements, but you actually WANT to play through again (I've played it through 4 times). Not to mention you'll probably get to port character data to Mass Effect 2. God, what a great game.

Valkyria Chronicles also did this well, but then that's on the wrong system.

Dead Rising
Mass Effect

...and my number one favorite game ever in general: Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger lets you do a "New Game +" with existing characters where you keep your levels and equipment. The 2nd time through there are various locations during the game where you can jump to the last boss and fight/kill him prior to the normal end game encounter. Depending on when you do this, a different ending is shown based upon what the state of the world and your party was at the point in time you destroyed the last boss. It is cool and was the first game I can remember offering this sort of replay-with-your-old-save-data functionality.

[quote name='SpecTrE3353']
...and my number one favorite game ever in general: Chrono Trigger

Chrono Trigger lets you do a "New Game +" with existing characters where you keep your levels and equipment. The 2nd time through there are various locations during the game where you can jump to the last boss and fight/kill him prior to the normal end game encounter. Depending on when you do this, a different ending is shown based upon what the state of the world and your party was at the point in time you destroyed the last boss. It is cool and was the first game I can remember offering this sort of replay-with-your-old-save-data functionality.[/QUOTE]

Good call, I remember having a ton of fun with that back in the day. Now that I'm replaying the DS version I'll have to remember to check that out again.

bread's done
Back