Lexar 16 GB Memory Stick Pro Duo (NEW) $29.66 SHIPPED

[quote name='jling84']Just a quick word of caution, the Lexar memory sticks are notorious for corrupting.[/QUOTE]

Source?

[quote name='jling84']Just a quick word of caution, the Lexar memory sticks are notorious for corrupting.[/QUOTE]

Never had a prob with any of the multiple lexar sticks. I think there was a false rumor started a few years back from sandisk fanboys, but generally lexar sticks are perfectly fine (even for psp systems) and in fact a little bit faster than the regular sandisk sticks according to multiple speeds tests in the past years (google for that). That does not protect someone in getting a (very rarely) bad stick, but that can happen to any brand sticks.

30 bucks for a 16gb stick is a pretty good price. Last year I believe I got an 8gb lexar for around 15 shipped in comparison.

Have had my 16gb lexar for about 6 months now and no issues. Constantly written to it and deleting from it also.

Picked up a couple more at J&R when they had them on sale and no issues with them also.

Thanks again for the post!

On a side note, I think J&R is also selling the same thing at $29.99 but their shipping is not free.

What makes you say this?

I've had a 16GB Lexar for at least a year, and I use my PSP heavily--I've never had a single issue.

This is a great deal, people.

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']PSP gamers?

What is that? =p[/QUOTE]

Um, people that like good games without Nintendo characters :whistle2:#

[quote name='Fernando Rocker']PSP gamers?

What is that? =p[/QUOTE]

People who enjoy great games on a portable that doesn't have buttons designed for a 3 year old? ;)

I don't know what a good price for a 16GB stick is, but I'm assuming this is a great deal because of the responses above.

In for one, maybe two. Thanks OP :applause:

I ordered one for these on black friday from J&R and it was DOA. So that has been my only experience with Lexar and it hasn't been good.

lmao if normal price is 55

you can get Official Sony 16 GB for $49 shipped

http://www.walmart.com/search/searc...Pro+Duo&ic=48_0&Find=Find&search_constraint=0

I'm down to 500 mb on my Sony 4gb that came bundled with my rockband bundle but with how many horror stories ive heard using 3rd party peripherals i think its best sticking with 1st party. Specially since i got my PSP back then a 16gb from sony was over $100.

Also that's a niche site that people make 1 order in their life time from wouldn't want to deal with anything in their customer service compared to walmarts. I mean with walmart you can literally go past your warranty and they still honor refunds and exchanges if this stick was one of those lemons that's corrupts your data dealing with that site is going to be like getting blood from a stone.

Seeing as I'm buying more and more of my PSP games via PSN, this is a steal of a deal.

Valkyria Chronicles II, here I come!

I actually just brought the 32GB Lexar Memory Stick Pro Duo for $80 earlier this week. Definitely worth the price considering it was around $200 last month.

[quote name='Yigytugd']I actually just brought the 32GB Lexar Memory Stick Pro Duo for $80 earlier this week. Definitely worth the price considering it was around $200 last month.[/QUOTE]

Might want to keep eye out also.. since around thanksgiving they had the 32GB for $64.99... used a 5 off 50 coupon and got it for $59.99.. not sure if they will every have it that low again.

A must own for PSP owners. Don't trust cheap knock-offs from ebay either. I ventured that path, it just ends with data loss and frustration.

[quote name='jpm804']Might want to keep eye out also.. since around thanksgiving they had the 32GB for $64.99... used a 5 off 50 coupon and got it for $59.99.. not sure if they will every have it that low again.[/QUOTE]

Ack...I'm so tempted to get another 16 or 32 GB stick at this price, but at this point I'm trying to "stick" (ha ha) with the M2/micro models that will also work in the PSPgo as well as the PSP with the adapter. Picked up a couple of 16GB M2 sticks when they were on sale for ~$40 earlier this year and am now using one with m PSPgo and the other for my PSP-2000.

This is really tempting but I almost never play my PSP anymore and my 8GB stick still has a few gigs left. If the Go used Pro Duo instead of M2s I would bite with the confidence that the PSP2/PSPhone would use it as well. Since it doesn't I can't be sure what the new one will use.

Thanks OP. In for one from J&R.

Anyone know if I can just copy my entire old card to this new card with a card reader on my PC?

I can't pass up the memory for the price.

What is the easiest way to get my saves from my 2GB card to my new 16GB card?

Thanks OP for the link this is a great deal.

[quote name='Bumslie']I can't pass up the memory for the price.

What is the easiest way to get my saves from my 2GB card to my new 16GB card?

Thanks OP for the link this is a great deal.[/QUOTE]

Best way is to copy your game file onto your pc. then insert the new memory stick, let the psp format it, the plug in you usb cable to your psp to pc, and copy the game file to the new stick.

[quote name='robbyH']Best way is to copy your game file onto your pc. then insert the new memory stick, let the psp format it, the plug in you usb cable to your psp to pc, and copy the game file to the new stick.[/QUOTE]
Excellent. Thanks for this info.

bread's done
Back