Lexar 32 GB MemoryStick Pro Duo $60 w/Free Shipping on Amazon

jh6269

CAGiversary!
Hey all, thought I'd share a pretty good deal on a 32GB MemoryStick (works with PSP).
I've been waiting for these to go on sale, and this is a pretty good price.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RL8UQ6

Be careful when buying from 3rd parties on Amazon. The current deal is with Beach Camera and Adorama Camera; they seem to have very good ratings.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks OP. I just ordered one. Good timing, I'm running low on my 4gb card with the 2 free PSN games installed.

That's a lot of space! Unless you think you're going to use it all, I would stick with something smaller. I upgraded mine to 16gb from 4gb and noticed it's slower to load saves. Even though the cards were the exact same brand/speed.

16gb has been more than enough so far.

I'm reading some of the reviews, however I want your opinions. Is Lexar a decent brand?

What about the speed compared to Sony or other memory card brands?

[quote name='SkyMasterson']I'm reading some of the reviews, however I want your opinions. Is Lexar a decent brand?

What about the speed compared to Sony or other memory card brands?[/QUOTE]

I have a 4GB Lexar card and according to Blackspeed (a memory stick benchmark) it is much faster than the Sony ones and the regular Sandisk ones. It is slightly slower in writes than the premium Sandisk cards (I think they are called the Extreme series or something like that).

Comparing my benchmark scores online it looks like it is the 2nd best memory card you can have (next to the higher end Sandisk stuff). I would definitely recommend Lexar, had the same card for about 3 years now with no problems whatsoever.

BTW, you need CFW on your PSP to run Blackspeed.

[quote name='Tsunami18']Thanks OP. I just ordered one. Good timing, I'm running low on my 4gb card with the 2 free PSN games installed.[/QUOTE]

Exactly. I had a 2 GB one, and I stole a 8GB one from my wife's camera, and it's starting to get full. Plus, I think the NGP will have MemoryStick, so I figure with all the digital titles in the future, I'll get more than enough space now.

Anyone know the read/write speed on these? I currently have 2 Micro SD 16gb linked and blackspeed shows it's performance about the same as the Sony 1GB sticks. I would buy this if it's considerably faster.

Cant quote speed but ive had plenty of lexar branded SD cards, micro, flash drives ect ect and never had a problem with any of them. Good brand and this is a pretty good price.

[quote name='SkyMasterson']I'm reading some of the reviews, however I want your opinions. Is Lexar a decent brand?

What about the speed compared to Sony or other memory card brands?[/QUOTE]

I've had a 16GB Lexar card for quite some time, and it's worked fantastically well. I use my PSP a lot.

This is from a 3rd party seller. Though it is Beach Camera. There are many many fake memory cards out there, just a word of warning. No idea if Beach Camera is known for knock off cards or not.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']This is from a 3rd party seller. Though it is Beach Camera. There are many many fake memory cards out there, just a word of warning. No idea if Beach Camera is known for knock off cards or not.[/QUOTE]

This is what I was thinking. Not worth risking unless we know if Beach Camera doesn't sell knock off products. It should probably be mentioned in the title or first post..

The one I got was from Adorama Camera via Amazon. The ratings seem pretty high and there's over 300,000 ratings. I've never heard of either Beach Camera or Adorama though. I'll update everyone after I receive it and use it. Also, Amazon has that A to Z guarantee, so if it's a knockoff, you can file with Amazon and get your money back.

Man.. I remember when the PSP first came out I bought a 512mb stick for 99$. It's ridiculous how much these things drop in price over the years.

[quote name='IronZombie']Man.. I remember when the PSP first came out I bought a 512mb stick for 99$. It's ridiculous how much these things drop in price over the years.[/QUOTE]

Ain't it the truth? Remember how the original PSP came with a 32 MB memory stick? Now we are talking about 32 GB!!!

Micro SD to pro duo is the cheap ass way to go. Saves alot of money and micro sds are used for everything these days unlike the pro duos.

[quote name='Purkeynator']Ain't it the truth? Remember how the original PSP came with a 32 MB memory stick? Now we are talking about 32 GB!!![/QUOTE]

That's a lot. That's one of the main reasons I stayed away from mobile gaming...

Pretty sure it's MS Micro

41%2BhpRo5gCL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

The Vita's memory cards are supposed to be a whole new proprietary format from Sony's current offerings from what I have read in my research. Just hope it's reasonably priced as everything else about the system is on point!

[quote name='Fizz_Usagi']The Vita's memory cards are supposed to be a whole new proprietary format from Sony's current offerings from what I have read in my research. Just hope it's reasonably priced as everything else about the system is on point![/QUOTE]

Yeah, I also read it will be a proprietary format, even if it does resemble microSD cards. Too bad, it would be nice to get a 32 GB memory for the Vita for cheap, hopefully it won't be too much more expensive. Only hopeful wishing, I think.

http://www.product-reviews.net/2011/06/15/sony-ps-vita-specs-proprietary-memory-cards-disappoint/

Not really like a microSD actually, though small in size.

Yeah, I really want to know what media the Vita will use. Most certainly not MemoryStick, but at least my wife's camera uses memory stick and I can swap the 32 GB one with her 8 GB one later.

[quote name='IronZombie']Man.. I remember when the PSP first came out I bought a 512mb stick for 99$. It's ridiculous how much these things drop in price over the years.[/QUOTE]

No kidding. Spent around $250+ on MS Pro Duos. I have a 512 MB, 2GB, and now a 4GB Pro Duo sitting in my PSP currently.

I'll try and find it. But there was a picture from E3 of all the Vita accessories and it showed the "Memory stick" cards. They look like those MS Micro pic that was posted. I don't put it past Sony to use yet another format that costs 4X what an actual standard costs.

[quote name='Fizz_Usagi']The Vita's memory cards are supposed to be a whole new proprietary format from Sony's current offerings from what I have read in my research. Just hope it's reasonably priced as everything else about the system is on point![/QUOTE]

I thought I read that there was going to be a game media slot and a standard media slot. Maybe I'm making up ideal scenarios in my mind. :cry:

[quote name='Purkeynator']It will probably be proprietary so Sony can recoup some of the loss on a $250 Vita.[/QUOTE]

I also thought I heard Jack Trenton say this this is the first piece of hardware that won't be sold at a loss.

It is confirmed this is being sold at a loss. I know the 3DS is estimated to cost around $150, but the graphics and overall power are not that close to a PSV. PSV is closer to a PS3 and the 3DS is closer to a N64/GameCube, so I can see the PSV costing a lot more to produce. Especially considering the OLED screen and the back touch panel along with the other interesting features it has.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']It is confirmed this is being sold at a loss. I know the 3DS is estimated to cost around $150, but the graphics and overall power are not that close to a PSV. PSV is closer to a PS3 and the 3DS is closer to a N64/GameCube, so I can see the PSV costing a lot more to produce. Especially considering the OLED screen and the back touch panel along with the other interesting features it has.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the link.

I can vouch for Adorama and Beach Camera being good retailers. I've been buying camera products from them for the last 8 or so years. As stated, the PSV will be sold at a loss and the game cards (with storage space) are proprietary and the PSV will also be using M2 memory cards.

never really needed a stick that big... only 3 reasons come to mind pron music or movies? I missed games somehow, I was never a handheld fan and never will be.

I got a 32GB a year ago (when I got my PSP). It has about 10gb free on it, which is decent. The PSP is the best hand-held emulation-bitch machine around. I love playing Mario World on it.

Killzone Liberation, ModNation Racers for the PSP are about a Gig each. I also have God of War: CoO, and I think that's pretty big. Also, I have PS+, and there are weekly downloads of Minis and stuff, so I"m sure it could fill up fairly quick.

Sony has a huge incentive to make them affordable. Keep this in mind. Sony wants to put all Vita games on the PSN store day one release with retail. If they want to persuade people to make purchases for games that are gigs at a time, they know they full well got to offer cheap memory. If they don't have cheap memory then NOBODY will buy games from their online store. Also their push for the online movie store, an online music store, and online comics. As they push all these digital services Sony has to realize that big and cheap memory is required.

Defiantly ordering one, i have about 20-25 PSOone classics and about 6-7 psp games downloaded on my ps3 i would love to throw on my psp.

bread's done
Back