Lexar 4 GB Platinum II (Pro Duo) - $34.99 + S&H @ Frys.com

FYI the Lexar brand has been reported by Custom Firmware users as having trouble reading ISO and CSO files.

Sandisk brand is pretty much the best for PSP or of course SONY branded.

I bought 3 from last sale, no problem running any iso, cso with custom firmware. Unless you're sandisk fanboy, go get one.

What do you guys mean by ISOs? I know ISOs are image files when talking about a computer but... not sure what the PSP uses them for.:whistle2:k

[quote name='Vinny']What do you guys mean by ISOs? I know ISOs are image files when talking about a computer but... not sure what the PSP uses them for.:whistle2:k[/quote]

Think about that one ;)

It's available in-store for $39.99(it's in the current Fry's ad). About the same price since you don't have to pay for shipping that way.

I've been wanting a bigger pro duo card, but I think I want an 8GB.

Chris

[quote name='mike111']If you are in the SF bay area, order it online with store pick up. Save yourself $5.[/QUOTE]

Wait, when did Fry's start doing in-store pickups?

[quote name='Jibbajaba']It's available in-store for $39.99(it's in the current Fry's ad). About the same price since you don't have to pay for shipping that way.

I've been wanting a bigger pro duo card, but I think I want an 8GB.

Chris[/quote]

Yeah...i think my next memory stick pro duo purchase will be an 8 GB. But that'll be a while.

[quote name='Over easy']Wait, when did Fry's start doing in-store pickups?[/quote]

I was able to do in-store when I ordered FFT a couple weeks ago, although for some reason it doesn't give me the option for this memory stick. The process was surprisingly fast and easy, too. I just took my printed receipt directly to the cashier and they got my game from the back.

Instore pick up is only avaliable in the SF area. The option appears after the credit card and billing information page.

they shipped mine the same day (ordered friday).

cant wait to get this, ill be glad to not have to transfer so much from my old 2gb

Great find OP, but do i get 2 of these or one 8GB (which is what I really want but this is much cheaper). Hmm... decisions decisions...

[quote name='roymustang']Great find OP, but do i get 2 of these or one 8GB (which is what I really want but this is much cheaper). Hmm... decisions decisions...[/quote]

Cheapest i've seen an 8 GB is like $120+ shipping. So i'll wait a while before getting one of those. 4 GB should be plenty to tide me over for now. Using compression i can store roughly 8 cso files with room to spare.

Ill testify for Lexar Platinum. Ive been using a 1 and 2GB for PSP CFW and had no problems with write speed or ISO/CSO files ;)

*tagged for later*

[quote name='mike111']The option appears after the credit card and billing information page.[/quote]

Ah, you're right. How sneaky of them.

I have a SanDisk 4 GB arriving today (Monday)...tempting to pick this up though and store some videos/music on it. Temping...

Sucks that they don't list the read/write speeds anywhere, not even on Lexar's site. The Platinum II makes it seem like it's high end (like SanDisk Ultra II) but who knows, could just be a gimmick.

bread's done
Back