lexar 8gb MSPD $65

[quote name='Kirin Lemon']If that was a Sandisk, I'd be all over it. Still, great price.[/quote]
While I do like the Sandisk, most of my sticks are Lexar. Not a problem in 2 years!

Great deal! Thanks, OP!

[quote name='quest1962']While I do like the Sandisk, most of my sticks are Lexar. Not a problem in 2 years!

Great deal! Thanks, OP![/quote]

I've had lexars also and like you, had great luck with them.

On the Sandisk vs lexar issue.... this is what I have found (I specifically didnt add this to OP bc I don't want this to be opinionated/flaming debate topic).

I found test speed results for both the lexar and sandisk. The read speads are virtually the same. The write speeds however.....lexar is a bit faster than the regular/gaming sandisk but a tad slower than the Ultra II Sandisk. Sony takes the cake on slowest on all the tests.

As for warrenties... Sandisk gives you a 5 year while lexar gives you lifetime...

So Ultra II >> Lexar >> regular/gaming >> Sony

Just a thought but of course get what you feel comfortable with since you are the buyer (saying in general to everyone).

nice price, but I prefer Sandisk. Lexar just seems like the bargain brand to me.

If you are using CFW, the Lexar have 'issues' according to the CFW geeks.

I was just thinking today that I wanted an 8GB stick even if it's expensive. Thanks for making that decision even easier. I've had a 4GB from Frys for a while now with no problems.

[quote name='DisturbedZen']Bah, + shipping.

I think I'll bite anyways.[/quote]
Yeah, I'll stop by Fry's tomorrow just to see if they are on deal there as well. I could get 2 of these damn near. Although I have two 4GBs. :)

I'm so tempted, but I think I'll wait, seeing as how 4 GB sticks were the same price just two months ago. I guess the guy at Staples knew what he was talking about a few weeks ago when he told me to wait for the new sticks to drop.

didn't they recently release a 16gb memory stick? I know it'll take forever but I'll wait for that to drop.As it stands,I don't use my 4gb for nothing more than game saves.

This could come in handy when Sony allows the PS3 to transfer blu-rays to the psp. Damn, I wish they had a date set for that! :bomb:

bread's done
Back