LG annouces first Blu-ray/HD-DVD combo player!

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='Kaijufan']It would be smarter to pick up a Xbox 360 + HD DVD Drive and a PS3 for the same price.[/quote]

actually it would be smarter to wait for the inevitable price drop;) or two

[quote name='Jedi1979']actually it would be smarter to wait for the inevitable price drop;) or two[/quote]
Very true.

[quote name='gofishn']Meh, HD-DVD and Blu Ray players will be less than $200 or better by the end of the year.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, you should know. Who is the magical insider? You should let Sony know since they are loosing $300 for every PS3 sold. They could use your magical future seeing insight.

I found the most interesting part of that article to be that theres actually an asian guy named "$$$$".

[quote name='gizmogc']Yeah, you should know. Who is the magical insider? You should let Sony know since they are loosing $300 for every PS3 sold. They could use your magical future seeing insight.[/QUOTE]

No "magical insider" here, just what seems to be the trend. I guarantee I'll be able to buy either of them at a sub-$200 price this holiday season.

[quote name='gofishn']No "magical insider" here, just what seems to be the trend. I guarantee I'll be able to buy either of them at a sub-$200 price this holiday season.[/QUOTE]

What trend is this that you speak of? It sure took VCRs and DVD players a hell of a lot longer to drop to $200.

[quote name='gofishn']No "magical insider" here, just what seems to be the trend. I guarantee I'll be able to buy either of them at a sub-$200 price this holiday season.[/QUOTE]

I'll be buying a PS3 for $200 by that time too. :roll:

[quote name='Kaijufan']It would be smarter to pick up a Xbox 360 + HD DVD Drive and a PS3 for the same price.[/quote]

That assumes both systems would actually work.

[quote name='rodeojones903']What trend is this that you speak of? It sure took VCRs and DVD players a hell of a lot longer to drop to $200.[/quote]

Agreed--no way these are dropping that much that fast. Sony only wishes that were true so they can stop losing their ass on every PS3 sold/not sold...

We've developed the Super Multi Blue Player to end the confusion

Oh yea that name helps customers figure out what they're buying, and what it does. Good job on ending the confusion.

consumer are no longer forced to choose between the two formats," said Dr. Hee $$$$ Lee,

Your right I got normal dvds bitch!

btw his middle name is $$$$. As wrong as it is I got a chuckle out of that.
Were getting censored by the man for typing G**K even then its thats mans middle name.

[quote name='gofishn']Since I was universally slammed on my prediction that HD-DVD and Blu Ray players would be available for under $200 by the end of the year, I'd like to bump this 9+ month old thread to show that it's only October and half of my prediction has come true:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/pos...rives-multiple-retailers-slashing-prices.html[/QUOTE]
Bit of a show off, but yes I can understand why you posted. You got a lot of hate for your post. Good prediction.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Bit of a show off, but yes I can understand why you posted. You got a lot of hate for your post. Good prediction.[/QUOTE]

;) I felt guilty just typing it, but when I saw that article I remembered this thread and couldn't resist.

[quote name='gofishn'];) I felt guilty just typing it, but when I saw that article I remembered this thread and couldn't resist.[/QUOTE]

lol, good call. :D

now pick a winner...

[quote name='gofishn']Since I was universally slammed on my prediction that HD-DVD and Blu Ray players would be available for under $200 by the end of the year, I'd like to bump this 9+ month old thread to show that it's only October and half of my prediction has come true:

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20071027-the-sub-200-hd-dvd-player-arrives-multiple-retailers-slashing-prices.html[/quote]
Well, if you combine the two sub $200 player predictions....you got a $280 hybrid player right here. =]

http://www.ncixus.com/products/index.php?sku=26553

Sorry this is not a DVD deal and has been discussed on the HD DVD/Blu-Ray threads out there as well as on the HD DVD vs Blu-Ray threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back