LG VX7000 (Verizon)

Stargun007

CAGiversary!
Anyone know where I can find this phone for cheap? Best Buy had it for free AR a few weeks ago, but I was just leaving for a trip and missed it. Since then, it seems like a lot of stores don't sell it. I know Amazon has a good price, but you only get the rebates if you start a new service, and I am already a Verizon subscriber (I'm not talking about a new contract, the Amazon rebates need you to be a first-time customer).

Damn I was hoping this was a post about a good deal on the phone. I need to upgrade my VX6100 and no deals for current users under contract. BS.

If you read the fine print, Epic Wolf, you'll see that one of the rebates is only for a new service plan, and the other you only get after 150 days of service. And on top of that, I thought $90 is a decent price and tried to buy it, but it forces you to also get a new service plan, which I don't want to do.

Anyone else have any ideas?

If you've had their service for 2 years or more, you can do the 2 year trade-in that Verizon offers. You get $100 credit for your old phone when you purchase another from them. Or atleast that's what they told me. I never tried it, but will after the end of this year which will be two years for me. I have an LG VX7000 and am wanting the VX8100.

[quote name='valleyvampiress']If you've had their service for 2 years or more, you can do the 2 year trade-in that Verizon offers. You get $100 credit for your old phone when you purchase another from them. Or atleast that's what they told me. I never tried it, but will after the end of this year which will be two years for me. I have an LG VX7000 and am wanting the VX8100.[/QUOTE]

I have got the vx6000 and I also really like the vx8100. I saw one in the store the other day and really liked it. Blue Tooth, Camera, Video, and these awesome external speakers. Have you seen one yet? The 1.3 megapixels are really impressive as far as pics are concerned.

[quote name='nevposey']I have got the vx6000 and I also really like the vx8100. I saw one in the store the other day and really liked it. Blue Tooth, Camera, Video, and these awesome external speakers. Have you seen one yet? The 1.3 megapixels are really impressive as far as pics are concerned.[/QUOTE]

I haven't seen the 8100, but I've seen the 8000. Even though it is only a 1.1 version upgrade, it's definitly worth it! I love my VX. I'm glad I found a good brand to stick with, that has excellent features without breaking the bank like those Pocket PC style ones do. And yeah, that 1.3MP camera's awesome.

My brother just did this:

He had his phone for 2 years, so he was able to trade in his old phone and get $100 towards a phone. He picked the VX8100 (awesome, awesome phone) for nothing after the credit and 2 year service. I have a VX6000 which I sort of want to trade, just because I want a new phone. I think I will wait though since it gets the job done, and with PS3/XBOX 360 coming up soon, I could really use that $100.

[quote name='aaa']My brother just did this:

He had his phone for 2 years, so he was able to trade in his old phone and get $100 towards a phone. He picked the VX8100 (awesome, awesome phone) for nothing after the credit and 2 year service. I have a VX6000 which I sort of want to trade, just because I want a new phone. I think I will wait though since it gets the job done, and with PS3/XBOX 360 coming up soon, I could really use that $100.[/QUOTE]

So your brother has the vx8100 and likes it? I got to test one out in the Verizon store and I really like it. I took a few pics and some video with it in the store and it has the clearest picture I have seen on a phone. I was very impressed. Anyone own one yet?

bread's done
Back