License transfer question

elaine_of_shalott

CAGiversary!
I just got a second Xbox for my bedroom. My question is if I transfer the license do I have to do so for all Downloaded content or can I do it selectively. I'd rather things for group games like the Rock Band DLC stay linked to the Xbox in the family room, but I'd rather things like From Dust or the Lost Odyssey DLC be licensed to my new XBox in the event of internet outages.

[quote name='elaine_of_shalott']I just got a second Xbox for my bedroom. My question is if I transfer the license do I have to do so for all Downloaded content or can I do it selectively. I'd rather things for group games like the Rock Band DLC stay linked to the Xbox in the family room, but I'd rather things like From Dust or the Lost Odyssey DLC be licensed to my new XBox in the event of internet outages.[/QUOTE]

Unless they've changed it from when I last replaced my Xbox last year, you should be able to selectively choose what to transfer. You do the license transfer on Xbox.com first. Then, after signing in to the new xbox, just go under download history on the new xbox, and the list of everything you've ever downloaded is there. Download history, if I recall correctly, is under Settings>Account.

Just keep in mind that you've only got a limited period to start transferring stuff on the Xbox after you do the license transfer on the website, (30 minutes, I think). Make sure you get everything you want on the new one. Once you finish, wherever the content is after the window of transfer opportunity closes, is where it'll be "owned", and you only get one transfer a year.

bread's done
Back