Life BBC Version Blu-ray for $39.89 @ Barnes & Noble!!!

Barnes & Boble :lol:
Anyway, this is a good deal on this, thanks for posting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Already have it but it's a great deal. But remember it doesn't come with any of the bonuses that are on the regular dvd versions, if you dont care about those, by all means, pick this up!

[quote name='freshzen']I read on blu-ray.com this is 1080i.[/QUOTE]

This Blu-ray is not out yet, but I am pretty sure BBC Version distributed in US is 1080p @ 24fps.
Same as for Planet Earth, I believe main menu and credits in Life are in 1080i, but the actual episodes run in 1080p.
We will see though.

I've already got a pre-order with Amazon, but I pre-ordered from BN, too. Hopefully Amazon will match soon so I can cancel with BN...

[quote name='HunteR7411']AAA members also get an additional 10% off. Just FYI. If you are not a AAA member, you can use bing.com for 8%[/QUOTE]

AAA as in the car insurance?

just being open to other AAA's

I don't know if this is new or not, but has anyone noticed that Amazon added a link to "tell them about a lower price" on their pages.

Perhaps if enough people directed them to the barnes and noble link they'd match/beat it

I hope this price will be available at the brick and mortar stores as I won't be able to pre-order online due to myself moving during that week.

[quote name='MrDubbs']I don't know if this is new or not, but has anyone noticed that Amazon added a link to "tell them about a lower price" on their pages.

Perhaps if enough people directed them to the barnes and noble link they'd match/beat it[/QUOTE]

I hadn't noticed that before! Thanks for pointing it out. I told them about it as well. I'd REALLY like them to match B&N on this one...

[quote name='MrDubbs']I don't know if this is new or not, but has anyone noticed that Amazon added a link to "tell them about a lower price" on their pages.

Perhaps if enough people directed them to the barnes and noble link they'd match/beat it[/QUOTE]

Hey, where exactly is the link? I don't see it...

[quote name='HunteR7411']The only AAA that I know of is the car one.
http://chicago.aaa.com/

Are you thinking of AA (alcoholics anonymous) ?[/QUOTE]

thanks. no, it just seemed random that aaa offered any discount.

and yes, i do need booze to wake up but that doesn't make me an alcoholic

Thanks, Dubbs. Sent them a link as well. Hopefully they match or come close to the price as I'd like to get this from Amazon instead of B&N.

They finally dropped in on amazon to $41.99. I mean it's not $39 but then again there is no tax and free shipping.

Ya, I'm sorry I was looking at the DVD. I am writing them an e-mail to find out if they are going to price match. There have been a bunch of people who have sent them the B&N link and I highly doubt they are going to price match. I would like to find out before they ship so I can try to get it from B&N instead.

Sent them the link, too. Pretty good chance they'll price-match at some point, but they might wait until the early buyers already paid $49--this is the kind of Blu-ray that lots of people won't mind paying "full price" for.

Hmmm... I'll probably wait until the end of June to order it, just to try and get the best deal (unless they price-match, of course).

[quote name='Keith55993']$9 is not a matter of jock i think. [/QUOTE]

WTF?

OK is this some weird spam thing? I've seen a bunch of posts by Keith/Kendall/Kevin all with 55993 after their names, and all in the same nonsensical English.

[quote name='Ed_']Accidentally...right... ;)[/QUOTE]

hey i accidentally did that too

maybe you should accidentally do the same

and we can all accidentally get that price

and we can accidentally keep typing accidentally

accidentally

[quote name='mitch079']There's a GSA coupon that gets this down to 35.50 before tax - found it on dvdtalk's thread - http://www.barnesandnoble.com/gsa

There might be other coupon codes that'll work. They're listed here - http://forum.dvdtalk.com/dvd-bargains/533548-barnes-noble-coupon-thread-part-2-a.html[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks! I couldn't get the AAA to work. 15% would be better than 11% but 11%, working, is way better than 15%, not.

EDIT: Nevermind... following a link off of the DVDTALK forum, I found the actual rules for the AAA code and it doesn't work with pre-orders.

EDIT: Ah, well. Cancelled my pre-order with Amazon. Even if they lower the price, it's unlikely they'll lower it the $10 it would have to come down to beat the BN deal.

Last edited by a moderator:
This may help anyone who hasn't ordered from B&N before.

20% off One Item for new Customers [Exp. 06/06]
* Use Barnes and Noble Coupon B8L8W9A

I ordered The Mighty Boosh Special Edition DVD (Seasons 1-3) for $40.83 after tax.

[quote name='monoxide101']This may help anyone who hasn't ordered from B&N before.

20% off One Item for new Customers [Exp. 06/06]
* Use Barnes and Noble Coupon B8L8W9A

I ordered The Mighty Boosh Special Edition DVD (Seasons 1-3) for $40.83 after tax.[/QUOTE]

It says pre-orders are not eligible for the discount :cry:

bread's done
Back