Life BBC Version Blu-ray for $39.89 @ Barnes & Noble!!!

Got it for 32.51 shipped (to California)
The short version of how to do it:
Visit http://www.barnesandnoble.com/gsa/
Search life in dvd & blu-ray
Add to cart
Start checkout process, doing continue instead of typing in a B&N login
Apply the new member code B8L8W9A when that page comes up
price should now be 29.89 + any tax
Continue and make sure to enter a password/security question to make a new account (continuing without an account will remove the discount)

[quote name='One4Deuce']I got an email saying my order was canceled because the coupon I used expired... bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Ditto. This is a bitch move on B&N's part.

[quote name='eth3real']Well I got mine processed but expected ship date 6/22...[/QUOTE]

That's my ship date too. I'm crossing my fingers that I get it.:pray:

[quote name='One4Deuce']I got an email saying my order was canceled because the coupon I used expired... bullshit.[/QUOTE]

Same here. I just made a new account to reorder so I hope this new one goes through.

Just made a new account since they canceled my other order. $30 after the extra 5% from B&N credit card makes a pretty sweet deal.

Just placed my order as well. Came out to $32.80. Won't ship till 03/23. I can wait since my new blu-ray will arrive next week.

I placed an order @ $29.89 b4 sales tax on last Tuesday, B&N shipped on the same day.
It's coming from KY, should be here via UPS tomorrow, Friday!!!

[quote name='jdeluis']Just placed my order as well. Came out to $32.80. Won't ship till 03/23. I can wait since my new blu-ray will arrive next week.[/QUOTE]

Whoa! Yours won't ship until next year? I'm sure you'll find it at a comparable price before then; maybe on black Friday. :lol:

[quote name='Ed_']Whoa! Yours won't ship until next year? I'm sure you'll find it at a comparable price before then; maybe on black Friday. :lol:[/QUOTE]

:D

I can't believe I didn't notice that mistake. The savings on the Blu-ray made me forget what month it is.

[quote name='lilman']My $31.99 order from 6/1 arrived today... that's fast![/QUOTE]

what the shit! did you get prior confirmation or was it just like a surprise from the baby stork?

[quote name='exRounder']what the shit! did you get prior confirmation or was it just like a surprise from the baby stork?[/QUOTE]

Prior confirmation? I placed my order (using the gsa method), the order went through like any other online order, and then the package arrived. For free shipping I wasn't expecting it so fast... I must have a B&N distribution center close by.

[quote name='kjay80']I placed an order @ $29.89 b4 sales tax on last Tuesday, B&N shipped on the same day.
It's coming from KY, should be here via UPS tomorrow, Friday!!![/QUOTE]

UPS just delivered my order in this morning!
Cant wait to watch it tonight!!!!

[quote name='lilman']Prior confirmation? I placed my order (using the gsa method), the order went through like any other online order, and then the package arrived. For free shipping I wasn't expecting it so fast... I must have a B&N distribution center close by.[/QUOTE]

i just meant if they sent you another email once it shipped.

thanks for answering

[quote name='exRounder']i just meant if they sent you another email once it shipped.

thanks for answering[/QUOTE]
Oh sorry, didn't understand you before. They sent me three emails:
1) Order confirmation
2) Item will be shipped soon
3) Item has shipped
All three emails came on the same day I placed my order.

[quote name='lilman']Oh sorry, didn't understand you before. They sent me three emails:
1) Order confirmation
2) Item will be shipped soon
3) Item has shipped
All three emails came on the same day I placed my order.[/QUOTE]

guess i'm not over the hump yet - only got the first

i appreciate the details

got mine today too.

anyone else's heat wrapped with the bbc sticker or did someone get a factory seal with folded corners?

My copy came heat wrapped with the sticker on the front.

Anyone else hate the packaging for the disc? I thought it would be the same packaging as Planet Earth.

[quote name='jdeluis']My copy came heat wrapped with the sticker on the front.

Anyone else hate the packaging for the disc? I thought it would be the same packaging as Planet Earth.[/QUOTE]

thanks for the response

i always prefer uniform cases, so something like planet earth would've been up my alley, but i can't complain in spite of my strong sense of ocd. this sort of packaging is very susceptible to damage though, so that's a big sad face

Just got mine from DD. Very happy to see it is in deed the David Attenborough version. I feared they might screw up and give me the annoying version.

bread's done
Back