Light gun discussion thread - Game Deals Inside!

i just got back from work, i have the basic basic layout done, but thats about it at the moment. still trying to think of a name...something catchy...bang bang? worked for mick foley ^^ i have a bunch of ideas for pagetop banners and junk.

as it stands right now, im going to start off slow. at first it will have info and junk on all ps2 gun games, eventully expanding to ps1, and then expanding to nes. after that, who knows if ill even still feel like working on it or not. depends how the community there goes i guess.

anyways, anyone got names??

Well it's pretty lame but the only thing I could think of was "Shootin' the Lights Out". Ya know cuz light guns and shooting...Ah yeah I admit it I suck at this.

Gun Shooter?
Light Blasting?
Gun Blasting?
Shooting Things Up?
Blast Your Way Through?

I dunno, that's all I could think of at the moment...

Can't think of a catchy name at the moment but don't forget arcade lightgun games that never made it to console i.e. Jurassic Park, Gunblade, Ocean Hunter, etc. I'll gladly help out with info/research if need be. Theres quite a few arcade only games that you happen to run into here and there. Going to Vegas every year and being under 21, I've seen quite a few of them. I believe some are rare machines, like that one Egyptian themed game with the odd shaped guns. On a side note...Did CarnEvil ever make it to a console?

EDIT:
Okay thought of a name..
-Trigger Happy VG- :twisted:

[quote name='punqsux']hmmm i like the trigger happy name ^^ anyone else have names??[/quote]

Yea its pretty catchy. I got the idea from a show called Trigger Happy TV that I'm not sure if it airs anymore. I only saw it once or twice when I was over at a friends place. So I thought Trigger Happy VG would sound cool for your site. It could have a slogan like "The Premier Light Gun Community".

I thought this might be a alright/sorta cheap GunCon2 alternative. Lik-sang has a couple reviews of the gun below. I personally never used lik-sang or play-asia, so perhaps someone can vouch for their reliability..

ps2-gunman_lightgun.jpg

Gunman Lightgun - http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=266&products_id=1608&
$17.90, dunno how much shipping

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-3z-70-18o.html
$8.90 and about $7 is cheapest shipping.

[quote name='CouRageouS']I thought this might be a alright/sorta cheap GunCon2 alternative. Lik-sang has a couple reviews of the gun below. I personally never used lik-sang or play-asia, so perhaps someone can vouch for their reliability..

ps2-gunman_lightgun.jpg

Gunman Lightgun - http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=266&products_id=1608&
$17.90, dunno how much shipping

http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-3z-70-18o.html
$8.90 and about $7 is cheapest shipping.[/quote]

i saw that gun on play-asia yesterday, but didnt post it because i dont know if it plays the old light gun games or not. i e-mailed tham about it, but they said i wont get a reply until monday

but im worried it only plays ps1 guncon games, i need some guns that will play everything, so im waiting for a reply to that mail ^^

Well I like it, it's not guncon 2 material, but I got a good deal on it and it's easy to hold and control IMO. Also, does anyone know anything about that Cosmo RF Wireless gun? I was wondering about it and was wondering if anyone had used it.

Cool tidbit for anyone thinking about getting an import gun..most of them have a little plug in the bottom for a pedal extension. Its called a "Reload Pedal". I think they're cheap, been trying to google out a place to order one or perhaps 2 for split screen play.
f6554604.jpg

I found a import gun I like. I don't like that the D-Pad is on the side but I love it cause it has kickback on it and reviews I've read said its as close to the arcade as it gets.
missionlughtgun.jpg

Mission Light Gun. Cheapest I found is around $24 shipped. I'm strongly considering ordering 2. It would be insanely fun to play Crisis Zone with 2 of those and a pedal.

Here's another one I like.
megaprocyber.jpg

Mega Pro Cyber Gun. $20 shipped and the D-Pad is on the back. Doesn't have kickback BUT has vibration. I might try one of these out if I can't find a pedal cause the Mission's side D-Pad is a major turn-off for me. Oh and both of these guns work on all 3 types of lightgun games.

My cousin has the scorpion3. The laser is pretty much a novelty and the gun just feels too thick. Those Wireless guns look pretty cool cause they're rechargeable and all but I think since its imported, the a/c adapter/plug might be not be US friendly. You might be able to find an alternative adapter but eh...I'd rather have kickback and optional pedal than wireless. Sorta costly as well.

wow if you order that misson light gun post how it is, that looks sweet (except the dpad) but the pedal would solve that XoD

yeah so i just finished making a banner...ill prolly make 3 or 4 before i decide on one to use. but here s the one i have done now.

topbanner.jpg

Banner doesn't look bad but seems kinda old. Guess I was looking foward to seeing pics, or graphics from recent games on the banner :p .
Better than what I could've done hehe.

haha yeah, but newer graphics are harder to work with, there are almost no good high res images of them. old sprites you can enlarge to whatever size you want.

however one banner im working on will lbe using the guys from point blank...so fear not ^^

sprites are just SO much easier to work with, and i only have limited graphic design and web design capabilities ^^

[quote name='daikaiju']2 Things...

First - Does anyone know if an original Guncon will work with Ninja Assault? I know it will with Time Crisis 2 and Vampire Night - but I've had no experience with any other ps2 titles.

[/quote]

It will NOT work with Ninja Assault, it needs a GC2. But trust me, Ninja Assault really really blows anyway.

Elemental Gearbolt is awesome. It is one of my favorite games. If you guys haven't played it you should. It's really one of a kind. It's like a sci-fi shooter set to orchestral music with anime cutscenes. It just doesn't get much better than that . . .

[quote name='CouRageouS']Cool tidbit for anyone thinking about getting an import gun..most of them have a little plug in the bottom for a pedal extension. Its called a "Reload Pedal". I think they're cheap, been trying to google out a place to order one or perhaps 2 for split screen play.
f6554604.jpg

I found a import gun I like. I don't like that the D-Pad is on the side but I love it cause it has kickback on it and reviews I've read said its as close to the arcade as it gets.
missionlughtgun.jpg

Mission Light Gun. Cheapest I found is around $24 shipped. I'm strongly considering ordering 2. It would be insanely fun to play Crisis Zone with 2 of those and a pedal.

Here's another one I like.
megaprocyber.jpg

Mega Pro Cyber Gun. $20 shipped and the D-Pad is on the back. Doesn't have kickback BUT has vibration. I might try one of these out if I can't find a pedal cause the Mission's side D-Pad is a major turn-off for me. Oh and both of these guns work on all 3 types of lightgun games.

My cousin has the scorpion3. The laser is pretty much a novelty and the gun just feels too thick. Those Wireless guns look pretty cool cause they're rechargeable and all but I think since its imported, the a/c adapter/plug might be not be US friendly. You might be able to find an alternative adapter but eh...I'd rather have kickback and optional pedal than wireless. Sorta costly as well.[/quote]

Yeah the mission lightgun looks pretty boss. I found that the RF Wireless gun works in the US, but it's only supports Guncon 2 games (i.e. not PS1 gun games) and seeing how it's so pricey, I'll pass on it. Def. let us know how the mission ligth gun with the pedal works out.

Image325.jpg

That's the P 99 G2 Gun, another gun with recoil, and actually includes a foot pedal for reloading according to the Amazon UK listing. Unfrotunately it's OOS and seeing as how it's PAL region I doubt if it work work on a US PS2 and TV.

Haha do I get a prize for thinking up the name for the site? Awesome banners Punq. What are those Bert and Ernie guys named anyway?

Still haven't found a pedal. If I ever give on up it I may just try to hit up Japantown..though some of their videogame shit can be horribly expensive. Haven't been there for a long time but there was this one store that had all the Bemani controllers so its worth a shot. I really want a pair of Missions now. Pretty crazy considering the only PS2 gun game I actually have in possession is Dead Aim. TC3 w/Guncon2, Dino Stalker, Ninja Assault, and Endgame are incoming. Then I'd only need to get TC2 and Vampire Night. I'm stoked for Crisis Zone too. They showed a great preview for it on Gamer Nation this weekend.

Thats just too risky. Instead of putting a hole in your GunCon like that, you could just use a circuit board/controller plug from a PS1 controller and fashion it into a pedal(or just some large button to step on) to plug into the 2nd port. Of course I'm way too lazy to do that.

[quote name='punqsux']i just use a ddr pad....[/quote]
Thats a pretty good idea. I should check if my ddr pads still work. They've been tucked away for quite awhile.

[quote name='CouRageouS'][quote name='punqsux']i just use a ddr pad....[/quote]
Thats a pretty good idea. I should check if my ddr pads still work. They've been tucked away for quite awhile.[/quote]

they dont even have to fully work, you just need one direction to work and youre all set ^^

[quote name='Duo_Maxwell']Does anyone know how much Lik-sang's shipping is exactly?[/quote]

lik-sang's shipping is included in the purchase price.

people say bad things about baysoft games. i personally dealt with them once through ebay and it want fine, so they may be hot or miss.

Yea Dead Aim is a short and definately not worth paying more than $15. I didn't even realize it but I'm at the last boss in normal mode in only around 2 hours of play. Probably worth another go in Hard mode since normal was too easy.

[quote name='punqsux']people say bad things about baysoft games. i personally dealt with them once through ebay and it want fine, so they may be hot or miss.[/quote]
I think I found a Yahoo! store that also has it for $3.99. Probably gonna go with that cause it has free USPS shipping. I just need to for sure have a pedal before I invest in a Mission. That side D-Pad just plain sucks.

Maybe I shouldn't bring this up on the PS2 board, but this discussion is just so lively...

Anyone know anything about PC light guns? It would rock to use two lightguns with MAME. The selection of lightgun games available is huge, especially compared to what we get on most consoles.

Well, I finally found a clean used copy of Vampire Night at EB last night, so I did the buy 2 get 1 free. They had a TCII, but it was $39.99!!! I had them check it, and they said that was the right price, but I now realize they must have stickered it as the version with guncon2 (which it was not). Oh well, I'll complete my collection sometime.

EB has TC2 for $39.99 with the guncon, $19.99 without. PO of course. Vampire Night is the only sorta pricey one at $29.99 without the gun. I believe awhile ago they had it with the gun at $34.99. Would be OOS real fast though.

[quote name='punqsux']http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=8123553440

i got 2 of that gun for 17$ shipped from that guy, i hope it works out ok.

it too has the funky side d-pad...so we'll see how that works out[/quote]

Keep us posted on how that gun performs.

dude! those are GREEN MISSIONS!
same.jpg

After looking at it and reading that it also has kickback, I knew they were one in the same. You definately need to get a pedal now Punq. If that goes through for 2 for $17, you think you could see if the seller would give you 2 more at the same price? I'll buy them off you for $25 if you could.

[quote name='CouRageouS']dude! those are GREEN MISSIONS!
same.jpg

After looking at it and reading that it also has kickback, I knew they were one in the same. You definately need to get a pedal now Punq. If that goes through for 2 for $17, you think you could see if the seller would give you 2 more at the same price? I'll buy them off you for $25 if you could.[/quote]

i sent him an e-mail, ill let you know what he says.

bread's done
Back