Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII Collector's Edition

To be fair, the game itself is worth $19.99. You'd be paying the additional $80 for the art book and the pocket watch.
HUH? The games $59.99....

I hate paying for shipping and it's $13, if this was available in-store pick up I might be more inclined to get it.

Last edited by a moderator:

I hate paying for shipping and it's $13, if this was available in-store pick up I might be more inclined to get it.
Speaking in terms of value, you know it'll be $19.99 in a matter of months. So when weighing between waiting to pay the best price for just the game alone, or springing for the CE, you need to make up quite a few bucks in value.

Speaking in terms of value, you know it'll be $19.99 in a matter of months. So when weighing between waiting to pay the best price for just the game alone, or springing for the CE, you need to make up quite a few bucks in value.
Well, considering how it's Digital River, and SE wants $13 S&H. I don't think he'll get much in value there.

It's not just $13 if it's digitalriver. It means dealing with the enemy of Canadian CAGs, UPS.

A vicious bunch gutting you with deep brokerage fees.

Ok, ok I see your logic.

UPS, yea that turns me off even more. The dlc costumes are what actually interest me the most about this game. I'll just hold out that you will be able to purchase them later.

Meh. People are still buying FFXIII games? No offense, but have you learnt nothing.

tumblr_mwp57jaJ441r1ckuno1_500.jpg

I hate paying for shipping and it's $13
I'm in the same boat. But I'm still meaning to order Drakengard 3, and I see they have free shipping in the USA on orders over $100. So maybe I'll try and send my stuff down there. Anyone know what the hell Digital River does if you preorder 2 games? Will they split the shipment? If they don't, I'd stand a larger chance of a Wizards Edition problem...

I'm in the same boat. But I'm still meaning to order Drakengard 3, and I see they have free shipping in the USA on orders over $100. So maybe I'll try and send my stuff down there. Anyone know what the hell Digital River does if you preorder 2 games? Will they split the shipment? If they don't, I'd stand a larger chance of a Wizards Edition problem...
Super good question. I guess one of us should email them... it's so tedious getting in touch with Square CS...

Against my better judgment (as I've had plenty of bad experiences with Digital River), I tried 3 times today to order this CE for myself. I got a "Payment Authorization Failed" messages 3 times using 3 different accounts/payment methods. fuck Digital River.

Just placed an order for both the LR:FFXIII CE and FFX/X-2 HD CE in order to get free shipping. I think they may actually delay LR until 3/18/14 when X/X-2 is released, but I don't freakin want to pay their ridiculous shipping twice.

Jesus christ digital river is horrible. I'm finally getting around to throwing these pre-orders in. This is the most painful checkout I've EVER experienced. And I'm not even done placing a single order yet. It's taken me over an hour, to do nothing. Jesus fucking christ, it's like every singe step is as broken as it possibly can be. I'm currently stuck at "We suggest a change to the address you entered.". There are selection boxes I can tick, as they want to recommend some specific address syntax. Regardless if I choose their suggestions, or pick whatever I originally entered, or edit whatever. It just bounces me right back at the "We suggest a change to the address you entered." page.

Any suggestions? Other than the obvious "never buy a SquareEnix product"...

I pre-ordered the normal edition at EBGames. I had two games worth $15 or more, so I went with that. Knowing how the trade values for them will eventually go down.

Last edited by a moderator:
"You versus the broken Digital River cart system" is a bonus boss battle DLC for attempting to preorder
YES! I tried hammering at it some more, and I reached the blank page of victory! Truly a gaming accomplishment :D/

try going with gamesforcanada instead of digital river. DR is ridiculous with canadian shipping and they tried to make me pay 50$ customs last time (to which i called and got them to bring it down to 20 but still) get free shipping by throwing in the other stuff and get him to ship it to you as a "gift".

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/151121-gamesforcanadacom-gfc-friendly-package-forwarding-service-for-canada-the-world/
Yeah, pretty sure I got nailed when i got my Wizards Edition, and was just happy to have it. Using Gooba is a pretty good idea, but I was already trying to send this to an alternate US address ;)

YES! I tried hammering at it some more, and I reached the blank page of victory! Truly a gaming accomplishment :D/

Yeah, pretty sure I got nailed when i got my Wizards Edition, and was just happy to have it. Using Gooba is a pretty good idea, but I was already trying to send this to an alternate US address ;)
Did you need to use a US credit card or something? Or just persistence?

Persistence. I used my normal Canadian Visa card, Canadian billing address, and a US shipping address. It may have been easier to use a Canadian shipping address (Paypal might work then), but the shipping price is absurd, and UPS might rape us with brokerage fees.

I'd like to point out something here. Did sales tax go up in Quebec? Some games that were originally $39.99-$59.99 are $5 more now.

So this came out yesterday. I checked my online order at DR and it still says it'll ship when FFXHD (which I put in the same order) comes out. So that seems to confirm that they're going to ship them together. Oh well. I'll probably need a couple months to recover from FFXIII-2 anyway...

Yeah, not surprised, but it's good to know so we don't make that mistake in the future.

Just FYI my order with free shipping (into the USA) went out on February the 6th, and hasn't quite reached its destination yet. So they ship out early in hopes of meeting the street date.

bread's done
Back