Liimited edition PSPs'

That God of War: CoO bundle looks awesome,

From IGN
"Fans will be able to pick up a red PSP and Chains of Olympus in one bundle this June. The system will feature Kratos branded on the back, and the pack will also include a UMD version of Superbad along with a voucher for Syphon Filter: Combat Ops"

god-of-war-psp-bundle-20080226111839108.jpg

Only FF psp I know of is that Crisis Core one, but that's pretty rare now I think maybe they will make a Kingdom hearts psp or something in Japan would be nice for the fans.

Other psps are out now or comming I know about from playasia's site is a mobile suit Gundam psp and comming soon is a Monster Hunter psp I'm not sure how limited these are, but they look pretty nice also I think I heard on G4 or read about it online somewhere that there will be a God of war psp system it looked red with Kratos on it...

How much is the Kratos one? I'm traveling for a month this summer (3 weeks in Greece/Turkey and 1 week in Hawaii) and I know I'll need to buy something to keep me occupied. I'm still deciding between a PSP/DS/iPod/iPhone or a combination of two.

[quote name='Cleaner7']How much is the Kratos one? I'm traveling for a month this summer (3 weeks in Greece/Turkey and 1 week in Hawaii) and I know I'll need to buy something to keep me occupied. I'm still deciding between a PSP/DS/iPod/iPhone or a combination of two.[/quote]

It'll be the same price as other PSP bundles.

[quote name='Cleaner7']How much is the Kratos one? I'm traveling for a month this summer (3 weeks in Greece/Turkey and 1 week in Hawaii) and I know I'll need to buy something to keep me occupied. I'm still deciding between a PSP/DS/iPod/iPhone or a combination of two.[/quote]

Well you dont need the iPod since the PSP plays mp3s out of the box, you just need a memory card. Go with the PSP for when you're bored in your hotel/room and can be immersed etc, DS for when you're out and about since the games lend themselves better to quick play.

Ive been away from home for about 3 months too, and the PSP has done a great job to keep me occupied and I just got a DS and noticed its better for bus rides etc. However if you only get one, go with the PSP

Im gonna have to disagree with fathamburger, I have had both handhelds since the beggining and can honestly say that I have much more fun playing my DS than my PSP. Go with DS!

Here's the thing, it really depends on what games you like. I have both systems. I play my PSP more but my DS also gets a lot of play time. Mainly, there's a lot of pickup and play games for the DS, games where you jump in and play for a few minutes, win in those few minutes, then move on. The PSP also has those kind of games, but the big budget high quality titles tend to be more involved or more mature in theme.

For example, while the DS has Mario Kart DS, an excellent game, PSP has Wipeout Pulse, anothe excellent game. Both are racers, but Mario Kart is focused on shorter more chaotic racers with wacky weapons, Wipeout is focused on a futuristic hover vehicle racing circuit, both have plenty of unlockables and vehicle types.

Both systems are very mobile though. Both the DS and PSP have the ability to go into sleep mode. However contrary to common held beliefs, the PSP sleep mode doesn't drain the battery much at all.

Wish there was a Lego Indiana Jones bundle with the Matte Bronze PSP. That would be a sweet Daxter bundle replacement. Hear that Sony!?

[quote name='MidnightMetal']That God of War: CoO bundle looks awesome,

From IGN
"Fans will be able to pick up a red PSP and Chains of Olympus in one bundle this June. The system will feature Kratos branded on the back, and the pack will also include a UMD version of Superbad along with a voucher for Syphon Filter: Combat Ops"

god-of-war-psp-bundle-20080226111839108.jpg
[/quote]
I'm picking this up since I'm a sucker for the color red and it would be nice to have a PSP again.

[quote name='typeRJ']i think in Europe there was a Spider Man 3 PSP bundle, but I can't tell you if has Spider Man or some web design on the back. same goes for the Simpsons PSP bundle.[/quote]

The Spider-Man PSP had a red faceplate and a black back. No design on it, though. The Simpsons PSP was yellow with a white UMD hatch. No other design either.

bread's done
Back