$$$$$$$ - Like Goozex, but a bigger sign-up bonus

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeHedgehog

CAGiversary!
So I'm sure we've all heard of Goozex. I know the Goozex guys have posted here and I love their service. But I was turned on recently to another service like Goozex, but one that offers a bigger sign-up bonus.

http://www.$$$$$$$.com/

$$$$$$$ gives you roughly $20 worth of purchase points for signing up - which is enough to afford almost any DS or GBA game they have in stock. That means, just for signing up, you can get Zelda: Phantom Hourglass for free.

But there's a catch. There's always a catch! To get a game off $$$$$$$ you need Trading Tokens. A trading Token costs, as I recall, roughly $4. But still - Phantom Hourglass for $4? That's a steal, right?

But it gets better: You don't have to buy Trading Tokens. By making a forum post (kind of like this one ;)), promoting $$$$$$$ and getting replies, you can submit your post to earn one free trading token.

Yeah but their site is horrible because 90% of the users are just there for the free games and pretty much no one lists decent games. Your better off using Goozex by far.

[quote name='CheapyD']This promotion sucks and I will be banning their URL until its over.[/quote]
:applause::applause::applause:

http://www.$$$$$$$.com/

Quick, that domain is available for entrepeneurial-minded folk!

BTW, guessing at the promotion and the length of the $ signs, that site is HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE selection, 90-99% of people will not send you anything and support is rarely there. I left after two months of nothing on that site.

By far the worst trading site out there.

What the hell?

Nobody had a problem with the King of Swords stuff. Don't make me out to be some sort of bad guy.

This is the Free Stuff forum. This is free stuff. I'm pretty shocked at this sort of treatment. Excuse me for making one misjudgement and then getting sent to the gallows over it.

This doesn't have anything to do with what I said in the Goozex thread, does it? That'd be pretty shallow of you, Cheapy.

[quote name='BlazeHedgehog']What the hell?

Nobody had a problem with the King of Swords stuff. Don't make me out to be some sort of bad guy.

This is the Free Stuff forum. This is free stuff. I'm pretty shocked at this sort of treatment. Excuse me for making one misjudgement and then getting sent to the gallows over it.[/quote]

Actually the mod's did delete alot of posts from KingofSwords site because people were spamming the site and just posting to get their free sword. They limited it to 1 thread per month highlighting the info.

Plus the site sucks horribly and has very little support. I don't think anyone would have an issue on you posting about site if you hadn't mentioned the only reason you are posting the info is so you can get free tokens....

This is the Free Stuff forum. This is free stuff. I'm pretty shocked at this sort of treatment. Excuse me for making one misjudgement and then getting sent to the gallows over it.

This doesn't have anything to do with what I said in the Goozex thread, does it? That'd be pretty shallow of you, Cheapy.[/quote]

Its been said numerous times this place is pretty much shit. Most of the KoS stuff stayed in the one main thread for whatever month it was. We don't need the forums flooded with this, and to quote below -
90% of the users are just there for the free games and pretty much no one lists decent games.

[quote name='georox']Its been said numerous times this place is pretty much shit. Most of the KoS stuff stayed in the one main thread for whatever month it was. We don't need the forums flooded with this, and to quote below -[/QUOTE]

Well again, excuse me for making a misjudgement and getting sent to the gallows for it. I appreciate making a thread and getting yelled at by just about every post here with calls for permabanning when I didn't even know what I was doing wrong.

I mean, hey, way to roll out the red carpet and make a guy feel welcome, you know? This is pretty much the first thread I've started on CAG, even though this is my third year having been registered.

Maybe if they had calmly told me why it was a bad idea and somebody ASKED me to edit my post, I would've been cool with that. But at first viewing what happened in here, it seems a little suspicious that Cheapy makes a Goozex thread and then goes "THIS IS DUMB, CENSOR!" to a thread for the competition.

Try to be a little more considerate to those not in the loop, yeah?

(and technically, doesn't the "90% are here for the free game" apply to Goozex, too?)

[quote name='iazybandit']Thank god! Thanks Cheapy

How about banning these people now or perma-banning them to teach them a lesson?[/quote]

lol perma-banning do you know how easy it is to make a new account.
This site is full of dicks I'm really surprised it raised that much money.
Oh yea it was the people who aren't administrators, because if it was this site wouldn't donate shit.

[quote name='CheapyD']This promotion sucks and I will be banning their URL until its over.[/quote]

That's great. :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Judging from the responses, I think it would be better to let people know which site it is so they don't register at it when this "promotion" is over. I signed up there before the "promotion" began, and my fellow CAG's have dissuaded me from using it with the testimonials in this thread. I'm not trying to be controversial, but I think that not telling CAG's which site to stay away from is a disservice.

Original thread

So what's behind the secret $$$$$$$? Would like to avoid this site if possible.

*Edit: nevermind, site looks pretty shitty.

It's another thread for that damn BS promotion for the crappy site again!!!

To the OP. You've been registered here since 2005 and this is your first thread. A thread where you get $$$ for a response in the thread and you wonder why people flame you? Finish Him Cheapy.

This doesn't have anything to do with what I said in the Goozex thread, does it? That'd be pretty shallow of you, Cheapy.[/quote]

I think if Cheapy was being shallow he would be banning the person who posts the link instead ~_~

[quote name='Foladar_is_a_queer']lol perma-banning do you know how easy it is to make a new account.
This site is full of dicks I'm really surprised it raised that much money.
Oh yea it was the people who aren't administrators, because if it was this site wouldn't donate shit.[/quote]
Ever heard of IP ban?

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Ever heard of IP ban?[/quote]

(1x) Jump Ultimate Stars ($40 Value)
(1x) $40 Amazon Gift Cards ($25 Value)

did you get those two backwards? lol

[quote name='Ichigo1993']Ever heard of IP ban?[/quote]

proxy much?
There are still ways around IP bans, but most people i guess aren't too knowledgeable with computers and IP will keep them out.
But for the major pests ... no kind of ban is permanent

[quote name='Caliburn']As a rule of thumb, people don't send games and you get little to no support from the admin, hotchick.[/quote]
And it makes you feel bad in your heart. Caliburn's dead on; this site is little more than a scam. It's pretty much only useful for trading, which you can do on the boards here and not have to pay $5 a pop.

Any promotion that rewards users by spanning forums is a no-no in my book.
After expressing my displeasure with this promotion via email, the people behind it have ended it. I am now ending this thread too.

Also, this is not the OP's fault....it was terrible promotion and lets just leave it at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back