Limewire Pro

greenbags125

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I've been using Limewire for a few months now and I was deciding whether to upgrade to Pro. Have any of you ever used Limewire Pro and can tell me whether its worth the $10 upgrade fee. Also, is the fee per month or flat rate. Lastly, are there any codes to make the upgrade free/cheaper? Thanks.

If you have no qualms about using P2P, then just find a cracked version of the software. From a legal standpoint, doing one is no worse than the other, and I personally can't stand to see people making a profit off of illegal downloads.

Irony is you can usually find the crack for the pay version on the free version. Shoot yourselves in the foot p2p guys.

I haven't used limewire for a while now becuase I over at least 20,000$ of -------- from --. Im not filling in those --. Limewire Pro is weird because you do get turbo charged downloads like every time from it but I dont think its worth it.

If you want to pay for mp3 downloads, use a legitimate service like iTunes or Napster.

I used both, both is dumb to the heavy java crap, and to answer your question, no its not worth it. I couldnt tell the difference between the normal version and the pro version, stick with bit torrent.

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']I used both, both is dumb to the heavy java crap, and to answer your question, no its not worth it. I couldnt tell the difference between the normal version and the pro version, stick with bit torrent.[/QUOTE]

I used bittorent but the downloads are so f'ing slow and it randomly stops. I heard its something about using a router or opening some port but i don't know. Until I get that problem sorted out, I have to download my "uncopyrighed materials" from limewire. I was just wondering if Pro is really noticeably "turbo charged". From what Ive read, I guess not. Also, when posting, let me know if you actually used it or its purely speculation.

look at it like this, AOL says theyre "super charged" and has a very high speed connection with 56k.

bit torrent aint slow. I was downloading a file just a few weeks ago, and the file size was 390MB and it only took about 6 hours. The fact that i use comcast, and when i use BT using bit tornado, i switch the speed settings to unlimited and kept the upload rate to 4 i think, thats really the default settings and it works great.

Also use sygate.

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']bit torrent aint slow. I was downloading a file just a few weeks ago, and the file size was 390MB and it only took about 6 hours.
Also use sygate.[/QUOTE]
Thats very slow

forget bittorrent, use newsgroup instead. For about $13 you can download everything you will ever need. Plus, many release are release on newsgroup first.

The other is to use mirc, which is also great.

[quote name='U2K Tha Greate$t']bit torrent aint slow. I was downloading a file just a few weeks ago, and the file size was 390MB and it only took about 6 hours. The fact that i use comcast, and when i use BT using bit tornado, i switch the speed settings to unlimited and kept the upload rate to 4 i think, thats really the default settings and it works great.

Also use sygate.[/QUOTE]

:rofl:

who the hell told you that was fast?

[quote name='2poor']:rofl:

who the hell told you that was fast?[/QUOTE]
Keep in mind he's the one upgrading to the "SUPRA AWSUM" Radeon 9200 video card sometime soon :lol:

[quote name='b0bx13']Keep in mind he's the one upgrading to the "SUPRA AWSUM" Radeon 9200 video card sometime soon :lol:[/QUOTE]

with that kind of hardware he could play half life single player with the 2nd highest resolution they offer. wow i wish i could get some hardware like that, but i think they only sell it on the black market to hardcore 2pac wannabes.

Ok enough with the Makaveli jokes.

Ok anyway, i play all my games at 640x480 16 or 32bit colors or 800x600 16bit or 32bit colors or the older games like turok 2 , blood 2, and max payne, i can play at 1024x768 16bit colors. Works like a charm and i get blazing speed.

BitTorrent speeds, as any other p2p, rely solely on your ability to configure correctly your router/firewall, and the upload cap of the peers you're connected to. BitTorrent is the most efficient transfer protocol yet developed for transferring large files.

bread's done
Back