Limited Edition DSs show their face

Grave_Addiction

CAGiversary!
Feedback
35 (100%)
3587373283861362.JPG

2487384516226928.JPG

5855286752906052.JPG

Special limited-edition Nintendo DS? You bet. So are you going to be able to buy one? Not a chance. Nintendo donated three tricked one-of-a-kind versions of their new portable game console( that sort of look like they got some graff kids to stencil on them) for a celebrity charity auction at the Sundance Film Festival. Poppy Montgomery, who apparently is enough of a celebrity to participate, scooped up this green one for $2,500.

-joystiq.com

Whoa, those are ugly as hell. At least Nintendo screwed over celebrities and not the casual gamer. Here's hoping that they'll release some different, normal, colors here in the states.

[quote name='CheapyD']I already have a limited edition Nintendo DS

dk1.jpg
[/quote]

Being the celebrity that you are, you probably picked that up at the Sundance Auction as well, right? :wink:

C'mon guys, those are pretty cool. I mean, they remind me off the jungle or..... no or. But still, that's kinda like the designs on cars too. People think those look good.

I like the brown one, it's different. I'm thinknig Nintedo will start releasing more colors in March when the PSP comes out.

How pissed would you be if you bought a limited edition DS and it had some dead pixels. Then again they probably just bought it to get some exposure and the thing is hitting a shelf anyway.

[quote name='Levizk']How pissed would you be if you bought a limited edition DS and it had some dead pixels. Then again they probably just bought it to get some exposure and the thing is hitting a shelf anyway.[/quote]

They'll be selling it for nickels and dimes 10 years from now when they've spent all their money on booze and drugs.

[quote name='Brad906']wow, i really dont like the colors or design....but i have to say Cheapy's is kick ass[/quote]

Except it doesn't have enough buttons.

Well, good thing they made those 3 for some half-assed famous people. I hope that tool in the turtleneck puts it some place special, like next to all the other shit he gets for free that he doesn't appreciate.

dk1.jpg
[/quote]

That is a total flashback. Do you have the original Mario Bros. as well?

I don't think they are too bad looking. They aren't that great but not as bas as some have said. I think the green one was going for a camo look and the other was some tribal tatoo type of a look.

[quote name='shajek'][quote name='CheapyD']I already have a limited edition Nintendo DS

dk1.jpg
[/quote]

That is a total flashback. Do you have the original Mario Bros. as well?[/quote]

Yeah, that's the first Donkey Kong aint it? I have the Donkey Kong II one. It's brown and white. Had it for nearly 22 years now in my closet. Man, I'm old. Got it for Christmas when I was 8.

They really just look like they ripped off the gameskin designs for a couple of them, the only upside (depending on if you actually like them) being that they arn't peelable decals.

My biggest complaint is that they actually LOOK painted I mean it feels almost painfully obvious looking at the closeups that they put the shell somewhere, spray painted it a couple of times and then didnt make sure they have given it an even coat before slapping it back together.

dk1.jpg
[/quote]

When I managed to find A) a tri-wing screw driver and B) some vinyl dye, I think I'll repaint my DS to look like the old school game and watch.

[quote name='shajek'][quote name='CheapyD']I already have a limited edition Nintendo DS

dk1.jpg
[/quote]

That is a total flashback. Do you have the original Mario Bros. as well?[/quote]

I've got about 30 Game & Watches, some from when I was a kid, some I've collected since then.

Have you seen this site?

http://www.gameandwatch.com/

bread's done
Back