Limited Edition Pokemon DS Lite at Pokemoncenter.com

mechamappy

CAGiversary!
Just saw that Pokemoncenter.com is selling a limited edition Diamond & Pearl DS Lite as part of a bundle. The bundle price is $329.95 and includes the very limited Diamond and Pearl Etched DS Lite, both Diamond and Pearl games, scenario guide and some collector pins. Site says limited quantities available. I was hoping that you could just buy the limited DS Lite by itself but no dice - only available as part of the bundle. Price is a bit steep but considering that the limited edition Diamond & Pearl DS Lite goes for $400+ on the secondary market, it's an okay deal. The DS Lite is the same one that sold out immediately at the Pokemon stores in Japan last fall.

Check it out:
http://www.pokemoncenter.com/invt/4892

[quote name='sixersballernum3']It seems you're also very excited to dress up dolls in Little Big Planet. You mature adult you.[/quote]

*sigh* ... not offended again, just need to take a break and let me explain...

First, thanks for searching my posts, give you credit for that. Second, the LittleBigPlanet game is not for me only, for my kids... Third, it's not dressing up the dolls really, stop making it how you called it, so errrr, girlish?

Okay, let me just clearify why i'm a CAG and happen to checking Pokemon stuffs (which led to all the hate):

1. My brother and sister grow up with Pokemon, so i know Pokemon! Do i like Pokemon? Not really...

2. I have lots of kiddy parties to go to and i need to update myself on the Pokemon front (i.e. arm with some kind of latest Pokemon news). *sigh* i don't have to do this if my wife keeps up with the kids' stuffs....

3. I always play kiddy games with my kids, they love them! They love Windwaker, they can solve puzzles better than i do. I still get a chuckle or two whenever i think about my kid's comment on the Zelda TP's fishing task "Go to the fat lady's house and ask for the milk bottle, nicely..." That was b/c we got stuck with the Colin rod fishing for a loooong time.

4. It's natural to post after you read something, if not, i would be a looker/stalker whatever...

5. I like to express myself freely, if you read my posts, i never call anybody by names, yes, it's a sign of maturity...

6. I play mature games at night (see my God of War posts), not b/c i wanted to...

7. I love video games, when i was a kid, i can't afford games/systems. When i'm a man, i can't find the times to play...

8. Worse, i can't find people to share game stuffs, that's why i joined game forums. You have to understand, most people i know don't play games anymore...

9. After posting over a year, it does hurt a bit to be called a DUMB ASS. Do i hold a grudge over that? No, who the heck is strell? i have forgotten about the dude/gal already.

Dude, there's no need to tell me how manly you are by defending "kiddy" game playing by saying you do it with your kids and saying you play GoW.

The point was that you're a close minded individual by saying you pity adults who play Pokemon. It's a fun game. I wouldn't give two shits if you enjoyed Barbie's Horse Adventure, because it may or may not be fun. But I pointed out that post just to show the hypocrisy. Do I really care if you like to dress up characters in some game? No. But it's funny to see that you think Pokemon is pitiful, but making dolls is okay.

Also.

who the heck is strell? i have forgotten about the dude/gal already.
Strell strell strell, i shall remember that name.

[quote name='sixersballernum3']I wouldn't give two shits if you enjoyed Barbie's Horse Adventure, because it may or may not be fun.[/quote]What, are you daft? Barbie's Horse Adventure is trash! Doesn't hold a candle to Barbie: Magic Genie Adventure. DUH!!!!

linkinpark1.jpg

I think everyone just got mad because you're saying that playing a legitimately well crafted RPG, with a solid battle system and endless replay, makes us stupid or retarded something

I think it's especially offensive because many of us treasure our childhood and actually try to keep ourselves young. I forget who said it...but I think I remember reading once.."adulthood is a mask that humans use to run away from their deepest fears"

I am also a Christian, it is written in the word that to enter the kingdom of heaven, one must be like a child. I'm not saying I'm a 4 year old girl in a 20 year old body, but damn if I don't try to stay connected to my childhood [which by the way..childhood is the biggest determining stage as far as psychology goes..pretty much any problem you have at age 40 traces back to something when you were 10]

Oh..and just because I thought it fits..

"This innocence is brilliant, I hope that it will stay, this moment is perfect, please don't go away, I need you now, so I'll hold on to it, don't you let it pass you by"

So I think plenty of us are just fine playing Pokemon, and if it had good gameplay, I'm pretty sure most of us are intelligent and mature enough to play Barbie Horse Adventure...if we don't play it's because it's a shameless licence cash in and the gameplay [the actual riding] is HORRIBLE

[quote name='sarausagi']I am also a Christian, it is written in the word that to enter the kingdom of heaven, one must be like a child.[/QUOTE]

Playing devil monster games?!?!? Pokemon is instant damnation. I thought Pikachu makes baby Jesus cry. [/idiocy]

[quote name='furyk']Playing devil monster games?!?!? Pokemon is instant damnation. I thought Pikachu makes baby Jesus cry. [/idiocy][/QUOTE]

Oh yes, I was kicked out of a girl's Bible study for wearing something with an Eevee on it..

I had to dye my hair and stop going to church because I was going to be burned at a stake during Vacation Bible School

[quote name='sixersballernum3']Pokemon is for kiddies, adults should be embarassed for playing it[/QUOTE]

I disagree, but keep the flames going, this really is priceless.

[quote name='djkunai']I disagree, but keep the flames going, this really is priceless.[/quote]
Read the whole thread. That's not my opinion, but his, and the whole reason he's being attacked. ;)

Serpentor, you are feel to say whatever you want about adults who play pokemon. The problem is you think it is okay to call people childish but can't a take comeback. I dont care what you think but dont go into the kitchen if you can't take the heat.

Uh... still waiting on that popcorn.

[quote name='Serpentor']
7. I love video games, when i I was a kid, i I can't could not afford games/systems. When i'm a man, i Now that I'm a father of three, I can't find the times time to play...[/quote]
How about English textbooks? I bet you "can't" afford those either when you were a kid, could you?

[quote name='Serpentor'] 1. My brother and sister grow grew up with Pokemon, so i I know Pokemon! Do i I like Pokemon? Not really... F. Please see me after class.[/quote]

I suggest you stop trying to pretend to be a big bad mature adult on an internet forum, and hit up your 9th grade English textbook, before mom takes away TV and videogame privileges for the summer. The way I see it, your English teacher probably hates you already, so you are going to need all the help you can get.

I'll go as far as to tell you that the only reason why I'm telling you this, is because you can not possibly fight the urge to reply, which means that this thread will continue to tickle my funny bone that's been poisoned by having to code ASP for the rest of the night. I know that despite the fact that everyone knows that you have no kids, no wife, you ride a bus to school (hopefully the long one) and secretly love your Pickachu blanket, you will continue in your attempts to persuade us otherwise. Take it from papa Colbert, no parent I know of has enough time to have more than a post a day average for a whole year on any forum, much less a video game one.

That, and no child can ever let go being called a child.

You wanna be really cool? Tell all of us "stupid adults" how much ass it kicks not having shit to do and living a life where you do not pay rent, eat Cocoa Puffs every morning, and talk shit on the internet. Trust me, if real adults would come across that, they'd be more jealous and envious than you could imagine.

[quote name='Serpentor']In 5 years? probably worth nothing... i don't want to buy it now and i don't see why it should worth anything in the future. Well, i don't have a thing against Pokemon, but my brother, sister and cousines grow up with Pokemon franchises, they got tons of Pokemon collectibles (the damn Pikachu never dies). However, the Pokemon stuffs pretty much worth crap, only the memory that's priceless.

Anyhow, if you're an adult and still into Pokemon (like that DS), hmmmm, you're that lizard dude in the Super Paper Mario. Sorry, Pokemons are meant for little kids and it's pathethic to hear things like "i can't wait to play Pokemon Pearl or Diamond (or whatever)" from an adult. I feel like the Francise guy already when playing SPM...[/QUOTE]

Hey pally, lighten up. I don't even play Pokemon and such, but who the hell cares if people enjoy it? You worried someone'll make fun of ya? Dude, who-gives-a-shit. That's their problem.

Remember kids, fuck the status quo. Just don't be a shut-in social retard about it... m-o-d-e-r-a-t-i-o-n GOOD.

To all, like i said, i retract my Pokemon posts, sorry people!

I understand your love for the Pokemon franchise, but don't expect me to respect that (just like the way i was attacked). Fair? Again, i'm not offended at all and if you're offended by my comment, please accept my sincere apology (if you can't do that, *sigh* i try to remember to keep my mouth/hand shut)... Another thing, please, don't tie in Barbies, i don't know where that come from, really...

Of course, even i read a little bit here and there about Pokemon, i still don't know alot of stuffs, like battling system or what not (which can be cool stuffs). However, to each of his/her own, i'm not really into this stuff, just enough so that i know what the kids like...

Papa Colbert, thanks for the grammer lesson, i really learned new stuff today. Yes, my English teachers never liked me... If you must know, English is my 2nd language and 3rd being Spanish (yes, my English would be better if they haven't force me to learn Spanish in HS). See, i don't understand why they make you take Spanish classes while you're struggling with English. The US education system really suck balls... I picked up proper English in college and TV news/interviews (CC is a big help, but sucks when you watching news).

Papa Colbert, please, i=I, it's a given... it's a pain to properly type "i" all the times. While grow should be grew, can't should be couln't, thanks! As to father of three, that did pop into my head when i was writing that sentence. Yes, it sounds better, but i wanted to go with "kid." Also, you know that there's an accent thing on the letter e of Pokemon right? lastly, do you know how many educated adult i know that can't say Pokemon correctly? It's not Pokeman...

Anyhow, i'm all in for learning some new everyday. Hell, if there are more people like Papa Colbert around here, i probably writing my novels now.

To all, like i said, i retract my Pokemon posts, sorry people!

I understand your love for the Pokemon franchise, but don't expect me to respect that (just like the way i was attacked). Fair? Again, i'm not offended at all and if you're offended by my comment, please accept my sincere apology (if you can't do that, *sigh* i try to remember to keep my mouth/hand shut)... Another thing, please, don't tie in Barbies, i don't know where that come from, really...

Of course, even i read a little bit here and there about Pokemon, i still don't know alot of stuffs, like battling system or what not (which can be cool stuffs). However, to each of his/her own, i'm not really into this stuff, just enough so that i know what the kids like...

Papa Colbert, thanks for the grammar lesson, i really learned new stuff today. Yes, my English teachers never liked me... If you must know, English is my 2nd language and 3rd being Spanish (yes, my English would be better if they haven't force me to learn Spanish in HS). See, i don't understand why they make you take Spanish classes while you're struggling with English. The US education system really suck balls... I picked up proper English in college and TV news/interviews (CC is a big help, but sucks when you watching news).

Papa Colbert, please, i=I, it's a given... it's a pain to properly type "i" all the times. While grow should be grew, can't should be couln't, thanks! As to father of three, that did pop into my head when i was writing that sentence. Yes, it sounds better, but i wanted to go with "kid." Also, you know that there's an accent thing on the letter e of Pokemon right? lastly, do you know how many educated adult i know that can't say Pokemon correctly? It's not Pokeman...

Anyhow, i'm all in for learning some new everyday. Hell, if there are more people like Papa Colbert around here, i probably writing my novels now.

Papa Colbert, i have no comment about eating coco puffs and not paying rents... While that's kinda related to the topic of "adult" or "matureness" but it's not in the scope of my initial posts...

[quote name='62t']Serpentor, you are feel to say whatever you want about adults who play pokemon. The problem is you think it is okay to call people childish but can't a take comeback. I dont care what you think but dont go into the kitchen if you can't take the heat.[/quote]

well, looks like i'm taking the heat okay... but seriously, calling people a dumb ass just b/c they don't agree with you on something says alot doesn't it?

On another matter, i have being posting like this since the begining of my membership. I have never been called by names in the PS3 forum, regardless i disagree or agree with the topics in discussion. I do notice that my disagreements tend to take more hits in the Nintendo forum...

Sixballer, you need to calm down and stop quoting me out of context!!!

Also.

Quote:
who the heck is strell? i have forgotten about the dude/gal already.

Quote:
Strell strell strell, i shall remember that name.

You got the damn thing c/p in the wrong order! Yeah, i was pissed for a moment to be called a dumb ass (in my own post mind you), but so? Any normal person will have some sort of "pissed" reacton. I said that because it's the first time ever happened to me, yes, it was a shocker. Then later, i let it go...

You know, i'll remember this (b/c i learn new things everyday), i'll try not to comment too much in the Nintendo threads. The way i see it, alot of people there can't take criticisms w/o saying "dumb ass."

See, Sixbalerl, after all the attacks, did i call anybody a dumb ass? For goodness sake, even after i told you not to quote me out of context, you still did it...

[quote name='Serpentor']
See, Sixbalerl, after all the attacks, did i call anybody a dumb ass? For goodness sake, even after i told you not to quote me out of context, you still did it...[/quote]to be fair, no one called you a dumbass either.

Back to the orginal topic, I think this is kind of lame for the official pokemon center to be charging a markup on these, I'd expect that from ebay but not them. What was great about the previous limited edition ones was that they were available for the same price as a non LE version. I got the Groudon SP for my daughter and she's still using it. If you pay this much for one, it's just going to sit in the box so it doesn't get scratched.

I also imported the Pokepal park LE DS Phat for my daughter and paid only an import premium for that, only to find out that they later started selling them at WalMart for normal price (which kind of made me mad). Because of that I didn't import the LE D/P one when it came out since I figured they would do a US LE version too, now I'm mad I didn't. I still want to upgrade my silver launch DS Phat, but have been waiting for a LE or a different color other than white/black or pink.

What makes me sad is that this guy, Serpentor, admitted to having kids, which means he's raising children with the same closed minded idiotic outlook on life that he has.

It's horrible knowing someone so closed minded exists, but the fact he has already procreated makes me weep for the future.

What's worse is that he's got three of them already.

Roufuss, you're about to get schooled by...

(ta-ta-TATATA-DUH!!!! DUH DUH! (*what?*) dah-dah-dah OOOH! BLACK PERSON COMING THIS WAY! better run? better hiiiiiide! who that be? IT be...)

PAPA COLBERT

(Yo, I'm delicious, n*gga!)

Serpentor doesn't have three kids. He has a Pokemon blanket and Cocoa Puffs. And I like him for that, because he called me Papa like God intended.

To be honest, I think that we need to make one thing clear: this thread isn't really about protecting the virgin honor of Pokémon franchise. This thread is really about the fact that all it took to make Serpentor go insane and start yelling nonsense everywhere was to have called him a dumbass. It's not really about Pokémon - it's about Serpentor being a goofy guy, no matter how old he is. Unless Strell comes back all Afro-Ninja style with his butterfly tongue, I see no point in beating a dead Serpentor horse.

[quote name='jthieme']Back to the orginal topic, I think this is kind of lame for the official pokemon center to be charging a markup on these, I'd expect that from ebay but not them. What was great about the previous limited edition ones was that they were available for the same price as a non LE version. I got the Groudon SP for my daughter and she's still using it. If you pay this much for one, it's just going to sit in the box so it doesn't get scratched.

I also imported the Pokepal park LE DS Phat for my daughter and paid only an import premium for that, only to find out that they later started selling them at WalMart for normal price (which kind of made me mad). Because of that I didn't import the LE D/P one when it came out since I figured they would do a US LE version too, now I'm mad I didn't. I still want to upgrade my silver launch DS Phat, but have been waiting for a LE or a different color other than white/black or pink.[/quote]
Yeah I agree with you on that selling it with both games is kind of a bad move atleast if they're going to do that put it up on April 22 not in May when pretty much everyone who wanted diamond or pearl already has it either that atleast have the bundle one up and one without all those games and at around $160 or 180 that's around i'd pay happily for a LE DSLite..

There's still import sites that still have it, but it's even more expensive at the ones i've seen around I think $419 just for the system I guess since I already own the games I could just buy the bundle and sell the two games with the guide to someone..

I also wanted the poke'park DS because it was blue, but I had already bought an electric blue ds and at the time there was nothing on bringing it to wal-mart till it was late. =\

I just wanted to add i'm getting this DSLite to play I don't own one yet because I was waiting for the LE DSLite to sell on poke'center.com and i'll just use my blue ds if I go on vacations or to the doctor etc. and the DSLite at home so it doesn't get scratched up. ^_^

[quote name='Roufuss']What makes me sad is that this guy, Serpentor, admitted to having kids, which means he's raising children with the same closed minded idiotic outlook on life that he has.

It's horrible knowing someone so closed minded exists, but the fact he has already procreated makes me weep for the future.

What's worse is that he's got three of them already.[/quote]

I hate to digress, but what the hell, i'm addicted to this thread now... It's pretty much like the Phoenix Wright game i'm playing now, there always something need to be explained.

My kids into Dora, Backyardigans and Mickeymouse Funhouse (Harry and the bucket of dinosaurs too). I let them watch Pokemon too, i even buy them the cute Pikachus (dudes/ladies, i'm not close minded), they don't like them. They don't think Pokemons are fun and cute (maybe a bit too yound? But my six and four years old love Windwaker, and i think that's a bit too mature for their age). Anyhow, i just want to point out that it's not like i close the Pokemon curtain on my kids, it's that they don't find it interesting (thank goodness for that). However, while some other kids i know, they are Pokemon lunatics (nothing wrong with that, please don't take that in the wrong way). As a matter of fact, i find those kids love Pokemon to be pretty smart and creative (however, it's not the subject that i'm paying attention, it's the way they putting ideas together, errr, a bit of parenting here, so if you don't understand, that's okay).

Overall, i think most kids love Pokemons are age eight and up, at least from my observation. Again, i don't have anything against older audiences, after all, there's no way Nintendo designed this LE Pokemon DS with kids in mind. If it is, it's very taxing on the parents to please their kids (no way in hell i'm gonna get that for my kids, even they love Pokemon). See, with this bit of information, if i see a kid with this LE Pokemon DS, i know either this kid is got rich parent/relatives or extremely pampered. Of course, the kid can earn that kind of reward through good grades, doing house chores etc... But trust me, no kids got that kind of determination (not that i know of).

ALright, enough parenting here, and i believe i made my points clear, i'm not a close minded person. Am i a dead horse? I don't really care, as long as there's something to be learned, who cares... FYI, i was being called a dumb ass, it's clear as daylight.

I wasn't going to comment, but since there are some asshat comments being thrown out I think it would be more than appropriate to speak up.

I was a huge Pokemon fan as a kid.... literally spent several thousand hours on the game series, taped all the episodes, attended card events every tuesday and saturday. Then suddenly the card places stopped, my new job ment I couldn't watch the show, and it eventually stopped all together. Not that I stopped liking it, I just no longer had the time to invest in the series. Not even NEARLY enough time.

But after several years of ignoring the games I'm really thinking about getting the new DS one (only one of the two.... in fact I might just wait for the 'yellow version' of the two to come out) and I'm genuinely excited to actually play the game again. I definitely won't have the ability to make a 100% game like I did back in the day, but if I just take it for what it is and not worry about 'catchen 'em all' I know it'll be a nice heavy dose of nostalgia that I'll enjoy tremendously.

That brings me back to the begining- I'm not going to have some fucking asswipe tell me what I'll enjoy. If you think I'm some childish loser because I want to play a video game, please, get your ass off the internet and go do those things that make you an amazing person.

UltimateMetallica, you have to chill, first, i apologized already... What's childish or not is up to the individual. Again, i wasn't offended when i was called childish for playing doll like games (LittleBigPlanet), b/c in a sense, that's correct. And like you said, i don't give a damn about what people say about things i like (except things i love, like my family and friends).

It's all cool if you're into the Pokemon thing, i don't have anything against that. BUT the bottomline is, you have to be able to take the criticism that it's childish, b/c it is for kids afterall. UltimateMetallica, looks like you don't give a crap about my comment, so i give you credit for that. However, i'm not some asswipe telling you what not to enjoy (since i'm the only one here being negative, i think you're referring to me?).

I simply said, it's great you like Pokemon, but i just don't see the point of paying this much for a LE Poekmon DS, you?

I feel bad now. I'm a huge DS fan and I had no idea that there was a limited edition Mew DS Phat.

I know how to make up for this though; I'll buy one!...

...in a couple of years...if I can find it...

[quote name='wildnuts02']nah it's been steadily climbing. i saw it when it was around 900 or so. i think that some crazy guys are obsessed with that chick[/quote]

Ya know what, after watching her vid in that auction I can see why.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']Yeah I agree with you on that selling it with both games is kind of a bad move atleast if they're going to do that put it up on April 22 not in May when pretty much everyone who wanted diamond or pearl already has it either that atleast have the bundle one up and one without all those games and at around $160 or 180 that's around i'd pay happily for a LE DSLite..

There's still import sites that still have it, but it's even more expensive at the ones i've seen around I think $419 just for the system I guess since I already own the games I could just buy the bundle and sell the two games with the guide to someone..

I also wanted the poke'park DS because it was blue, but I had already bought an electric blue ds and at the time there was nothing on bringing it to wal-mart till it was late. =\

I just wanted to add i'm getting this DSLite to play I don't own one yet because I was waiting for the LE DSLite to sell on poke'center.com and i'll just use my blue ds if I go on vacations or to the doctor etc. and the DSLite at home so it doesn't get scratched up. ^_^[/quote]

Are you sure they will sell that LE DSLite bu itself? I have a fat ds and I'd love to upgrade to a DS Lite, especially this one.

But I am not buying that bundle....

[quote name='sephiroth61787']Are you sure they will sell that LE DSLite bu itself? I have a fat ds and I'd love to upgrade to a DS Lite, especially this one.

But I am not buying that bundle....[/quote]

No they will not have this on their site just as DSL they're only selling it with the bundle I had sent an email and the reply said it's bundle only.

I got my DSLite today with my poke'dolls(Mew and Magikarp). =)
The DSL is amazing, but it's staying in the box till my hori screen protectors arrive.

I have pictures i'll post it later once I load them up.

[quote name='meerkatgamer']No they will not have this on their site just as DSL they're only selling it with the bundle I had sent an email and the reply said it's bundle only.

I got my DSLite today with my poke'dolls(Mew and Magikarp). =)
The DSL is amazing, but it's staying in the box till my hori screen protectors arrive.

I have pictures i'll post it later once I load them up.[/quote]

Damn lol. Oh well, I'll figure something else out.

Oh man I just got mine in the mail today. It was more than I wanted to spend but damn its sweet to look at in its limited edition box. I am still debating whether I should open it and use it or keep it crisp and mint. Now I just have to decide what to do with the two games that it came with since I already own them.

bread's done
Back