Limited Edition Red Wireless Controller Kit (Xbox 360) $48 Shipped at Buy.com

Don't forget to add the 5% off coupon if you pick one up. Also, take into consideration that it's tax-free.

Thanks, OP. I was about to post this.

[quote name='jaso']Don't forget to add the 5% off coupon if you pick one up. Also, take into consideration that it's tax-free.

Thanks, OP. I was about to post this.[/quote]
What 5% coupon?

Tax in California, but can't beat that price so I'm in. Also, it says that this item qualifies for 2-day shipping for $2.99.

Thanks dude! Can't be messing around with these deals these days. Gotta be ready!

That coupon knocks it down to $45.59. So it'll be $19.40 off.

wondering the same on the d-pad, i see Japan is getting a new d-pad on their controllers

didnt know if this would be one of those limited redesigned controllers for here or not

i'll pass on this....the only thing i got red in my room is a 19.99 gaming chair (that i found on this site)

plus, just seems too much for the whole kit.....it's cheap, but it's not meant for a CHEAP ASS GAMER like me!

Good price, but I can't justify buying a new 360 controller until they fix the goddamn d-pad. They know it's a problem.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']I have been waiting for red. Damn it, must stop buying stuff . . .[/QUOTE]

No you must continue to buy stuff. Buy all the stuff and help out the economy. Someones gotta pay for that 700 billion plan. :p

When I get home I'm gonna order one of these bad boys. Anyone heard about the noisy stick problem with this controller?

as much as I want to pick this controller up at $50, if it had a Gears of War logo on it, hell yeah I'd buy it. I also have a controller still in the package that I haven't opened. Perhaps in 6-8 months this will be clearanced out at retailers so I can wait 'til then.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']No new D-PAD, no sale.[/quote]

Thats my thought as well. I still enjoy using my pink controller :D

Ive been wanting to pick this up and for less than $50 I might as well try to snag this this weekend if the deal is still around.. otherwise ill be getting it at best buy with dead space to make my gamerpoints go up

[quote name='rainybutterfly']Ive been wanting to pick this up and for less than $50 I might as well try to snag this this weekend if the deal is still around.. otherwise ill be getting it at best buy with dead space to make my gamerpoints go up[/QUOTE]

Spend 20$ more to make your gamer points go up about a buck?

I am confused.

I can't remember the last time I used the d-pad. Rainbow Six, maybe, directing my squad. I don't think games like that require the precise d-pad vs something like Mega Man 9.

In for a red, and maybe a black which is $50 for the plug/play pack as well.

[quote name='locolukah']Spend 20$ more to make your gamer points go up about a buck?

I am confused.[/quote]

the best buy gamer points.

I'm tempted because I need a fourth controller, but I already have a pink one and I need some color balance!

[quote name='Sacsquash'] I also have a controller still in the package that I haven't opened. ..[/QUOTE]

same here. I want to get one for my brother but I will see what black friday has to offer for this kind of purchase.

What I want to know is if this controller has the improved d-pad or not... then I might be in for one even though I already have 5 360 pads.

[quote name='ElektroDragon']No new D-PAD, no sale.[/QUOTE]

Hear, hear! I saw this on the front page and was about to pull the trigger on it until I read it was that same old D-Pad. I can't justify buying a new controller without it, and there's no excuse for not fixing it.

Still, if you don't care about such things, pretty good deal.

[quote name='Corvin']I can't remember the last time I used the d-pad. Rainbow Six, maybe, directing my squad. I don't think games like that require the precise d-pad vs something like Mega Man 9.

In for a red, and maybe a black which is $50 for the plug/play pack as well.[/quote]

Final boss battle, (and the achievement that comes with 100% on the final boss battle), on 'The Simpsons game'. Drove... me... nuts... because of the crappy d-pad.

[quote name='bdaul']Final boss battle, (and the achievement that comes with 100% on the final boss battle), on 'The Simpsons game'. Drove... me... nuts... because of the crappy d-pad.[/quote]

Thats why I stoped playing the stupid game because of the D-pad and that achievement.

New color I don't care. I need a new D-Pad. They made it I don't know why MS couldnt just throw this red casing on with the new pad.

NO NEW D-PAD NO BUY

I almost never use the D-pad, and on the rare occasions that I do, I've had no problems. But I haven't played the Simpson's (played the demo and wasn't much interested).

[quote name='moojuice']I thought we weren't getting a new controller with a better D-pad...?[/quote]
Well, to date they've only announced it as a special edition bundle with Pro Evo Soccer and only in Europe, S. America and Asia (and in green). That might mean we'll never see it here. But then again, since they already designed it, they might start selling them more broadly in the future. Who knows?

[quote name='Guerrilla']Tax in California, but can't beat that price so I'm in. Also, it says that this item qualifies for 2-day shipping for $2.99.[/quote]

Every item qualifies for $2.99; 2-day shipping that I've seen. But they usually trick you. If you select 2-day off the bat its expensive. If you choose free shipping they give you the deal for $2.99; 2-day. It's Buy.com way of getting more people to pay for shipping.

Turns out tho if you use the 5% coupon you don't get the option to get the $2.99; 2-day.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='floodgate']Hear, hear! I saw this on the front page and was about to pull the trigger on it until I read it was that same old D-Pad. I can't justify buying a new controller without it, and there's no excuse for not fixing it.

Still, if you don't care about such things, pretty good deal.[/quote]

I'm pretty sure the US isn't getting the puke green controller that has the "supposed" revamped D-pad. Cause apparently us American gamers don't play enough 360 or something. M$ can suck it.

[quote name='yuyak']Well, to date they've only announced it as a special edition bundle with Pro Evo Soccer and only in Europe, S. America and Asia (and in green). That might mean we'll never see it here. But then again, since they already designed it, they might start selling them more broadly in the future. Who knows?[/quote]
I have zero inside knowledge on the issue, but you have to look at the fact that they redesigned the D-pad for a market that really needed it for a specific game, and that costs R&D cash. That also shows that Microsoft recognizes that the current pad isn't functioning like it should.

My guess is that they're working on rolling out the new controller in the US, but it takes a long time to produce for our market. Why announce it now and risk the slowdown of sales on current models in the meantime? I'm sure we'll hear about it just before they end up in stores.

When I play certain Arcade games I def start cursing at the d pad. Fighting games notably.

Man I need a Xbox 360 Sega Saturn controller for Arcade. Best controller ever.

[quote name='BigPopov']When I play certain Arcade games I def start cursing at the d pad. Fighting games notably.

Man I need a Xbox 360 Sega Saturn controller for Arcade. Best controller ever.[/quote]

Hopefully the Madcatz and Capcom tag team on the SF4 controllers and sticks turn out great. 6 button Saturn style with Neo Geo style clicky thumb stick pad.

*waits for deliverance*

bread's done
Back