Limited Edition Red Wireless Controller Kit (Xbox 360) $48 Shipped at Buy.com

i want one of these so freaking bad for some reason. i was sitting at the checkout, all info plugged in and i backed out... i just can't justify paying money for a controller i simply don't need.

[quote name='NovaKane']Will this work on the PC or do I need something else to go with it?[/quote]

You'll need a wireless receiver to play with a wireless 360 controller on your PC. You could get one at Kmart for pretty cheap if you can still find one.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Hopefully the Madcatz and Capcom tag team on the SF4 controllers and sticks turn out great. 6 button Saturn style with Neo Geo style clicky thumb stick pad.

*waits for deliverance*[/QUOTE]

The Nuby Street Fighter controllers (PS2/Xbox) were pretty good too. I wasn't a big fan of the shoulder buttons though.

[quote name='BigPopov']The Nuby Street Fighter controllers (PS2/Xbox) were pretty good too. I wasn't a big fan of the shoulder buttons though.[/QUOTE]

it has the same design but those were crap

[quote name='FurryCurry']I hear that they are not the new D-Pads. Still not a terrible buy for the whole set. Pun not intended.[/QUOTE]

One of my friends just got this set and he says it is the new D-Pad. He bought it just because it has the new D-Pad. He just confirmed that it is the new D-Pad. He loves it compared to the old one. I just bought one now from buy.com

Thanks for the heads up Redemption33!

[quote name='Shady3011']You'll need a wireless receiver to play with a wireless 360 controller on your PC. You could get one at Kmart for pretty cheap if you can still find one.[/quote]

Thanks for the reply. I assume this is the receiver I need...

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless..._1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1224037684&sr=8-1

...if so, I may bite on that controller.

EDIT: Would be it cheaper just to get a usb cable to connect the controller to the PC? I'll with w/e is cheaper basically.

Why would you need a wireless receiver when it's the play and charge kit. I thought that the plug part was USB and even if the battery were to be removed the controller would still work.

And we'll all be confirming if it's the new d-pad or not in a few days. I personally hope it is but I wouldn't feel let down if it weren't. I don't even have a 360 yet but this will be my dominate controller over the white one.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Why would you need a wireless receiver when it's the play and charge kit. I thought that the plug part was USB and even if the battery were to be removed the controller would still work.

And we'll all be confirming if it's the new d-pad or not in a few days. I personally hope it is but I wouldn't feel let down if it weren't. I don't even have a 360 yet but this will be my dominate controller over the white one.[/quote]

If that's the case, then I'll have everything I need in that package then. I just wanted to make sure. I don't mind playing wired on the PC. I'll skip the receiver altogether then. Thanks.

[quote name='FurryCurry']Why would you need a wireless receiver when it's the play and charge kit. I thought that the plug part was USB and even if the battery were to be removed the controller would still work.
[/QUOTE]

Not true. The controller is still wireless even if you have it plugged in. Therefore you would have to have the battery plugged in.

Of course, someone could try it out...

[quote name='Corvin']Not true. The controller is still wireless even if you have it plugged in. Therefore you would have to have the battery plugged in.

Of course, someone could try it out...[/QUOTE]

Actually if you got play and charge kit you can use the control with out any battery. And yes I tried it

Now I'm confused again lol. I don't really know about 360 controllers.

Does the bundle have everything I need to play on the PC right away or not?

For 360:

- Wireless - click the "Sync" buttons on both the controller & 360
- Wired - connect the cable

Doesn't work the same way for PC, you need that $20 wireless adapter from Microsoft.

This *does* have a new dpad. Bought it last week from Buy because of the pad. I cant confirm its the same as the green one in EU, but I would assume so.

[quote name='outsider']This *does* have a new dpad. Bought it last week from Buy because of the pad. I cant confirm its the same as the green one in EU, but I would assume so.[/quote]

This hasn't been reported anywhere, so I don't know. A lot of places ran the story about the green controller and how it would only be available outside of the US, so one would think they would also report that the improved d-pad would now be available via this package.

Anyway, as others have said, if you want to use wireless controllers on the PC, you need the adapter. The cable from the kit is only for power. And yes, you can use it without batteries.

[quote name='jaso']Don't forget to add the 5% off coupon if you pick one up. Also, take into consideration that it's tax-free.

Thanks, OP. I was about to post this.[/quote]

What 5% off Code are you talking about?

I have one and compared it with my elite controller and D-pad feels waaaay better than the elite one seriously. i've been testing it on the fighters on XBLA it does feel improved by a loooong shot.

Anyone get one that the has a squeaky right thumb stick? I've seen it reported in some places about this issue.

[quote name='kazo']I have one and compared it with my elite controller and D-pad feels waaaay better than the elite one seriously. i've been testing it on the fighters on XBLA it does feel improved by a loooong shot.[/quote]
Darn, reports seem so inconclusive. Better how? Less mushy? More precise in terms of actually getting the direction you thought you were pressing? Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that the bumpers were somehow different on this new red model - any thoughts?

[quote name='62t']Actually if you got play and charge kit you can use the control with out any battery. And yes I tried it[/QUOTE]

Really? I was almost certain Major Nelson has said otherwise in the past. Maybe a dash update somewhere along the line enabled it.

yeah, but i can also confirm that the dpad on my black controller sucks compared to the dpad on my white; basically there's no consistency which is one of the issues. comparing one red to one black doesn't necessarily prove anything.

Eh, the dpad sucks on the X360 controller in general... I really dig the color, but man, having to deal with the same dpad, no thanks.

Swweettt! I'm in for one! New D-pad or not, I hardly use the damn thing. I've been waiting for this color scheme. Any other coupons/codes that would make this deal even sweeter besides the 5%?

Wait what? Unavailable? SHIT! Does that mean that they are out and it would just take longer for it to ship? Or I can't get it for this price? I'm confused!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Corvin']Really? I was almost certain Major Nelson has said otherwise in the past. Maybe a dash update somewhere along the line enabled it.[/quote]
You can. But you risk damaging the controller. Or at least what the packing says.

[quote name='MidnightMetal']Swweettt! I'm in for one! New D-pad or not, I hardly use the damn thing. I've been waiting for this color scheme. Any other coupons/codes that would make this deal even sweeter besides the 5%?

Wait what? Unavailable? SHIT! Does that mean that they are out and it would just take longer for it to ship? Or I can't get it for this price? I'm confused![/QUOTE]

Well it is limited. ;)

I was kinda surprised as everyone seems to make red things here to let people know that part of the profit goes to fight aids. I showed this to people at work and 3 of them asked so do the profits go to fight aids? I couldn't see anything on the sight to say why its a "limited edition controller"
searching on microsoft's website i found that it was a limited edition in time for Gears of War 2, and the red was to symbolize blood, so good job microsoft, while everyone else fights aids you are releasing a red controller to celebrate blood and bloodshed. ( i don't have a problem with violence in video games, it just seems a little mis leading to call it limited edition leaving it open to interpretation when it should be called GOW2 edition controller) /end rant
ps i still bought the controller as red is my favorite color. i think this now puts me at 10 controllers

[quote name='morph3us']I was kinda surprised as everyone seems to make red things here to let people know that part of the profit goes to fight aids. I showed this to people at work and 3 of them asked so do the profits go to fight aids? I couldn't see anything on the sight to say why its a "limited edition controller"
searching on microsoft's website i found that it was a limited edition in time for Gears of War 2, and the red was to symbolize blood, so good job microsoft, while everyone else fights aids you are releasing a red controller to celebrate blood and bloodshed. ( i don't have a problem with violence in video games, it just seems a little mis leading to call it limited edition leaving it open to interpretation when it should be called GOW2 edition controller) /end rant
ps i still bought the controller as red is my favorite color. i think this now puts me at 10 controllers[/QUOTE]

Fail.

So every product released that is red in color has to represent fighting AIDS? I'm all for a good cause, but what-the-fuck-ever.

[quote name='morph3us']I was kinda surprised as everyone seems to make red things here to let people know that part of the profit goes to fight aids. I showed this to people at work and 3 of them asked so do the profits go to fight aids? I couldn't see anything on the sight to say why its a "limited edition controller"
ps i still bought the controller as red is my favorite color. i think this now puts me at 10 controllers[/QUOTE]

I hadn't thought about that, but it's a good point. Seems like MS might've made an error in judgement by not donating to an AIDS charity with the red controllers. At least they have the family games 3-pack/charity going.

I wanted this, but no updated dpad put me off. Plus, I already have 4 wireless controllers.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']This hasn't been reported anywhere, so I don't know. A lot of places ran the story about the green controller and how it would only be available outside of the US, so one would think they would also report that the improved d-pad would now be available via this package.

Anyway, as others have said, if you want to use wireless controllers on the PC, you need the adapter. The cable from the kit is only for power. And yes, you can use it without batteries.[/QUOTE]

Well I can only tell you what I find to be true of the pad.

[quote name='outsider']Well I can only tell you what I find to be true of the pad.[/quote]

Well, that's fine. I didn't say you were lying...just merely pointing out that nothing has been reported, so it seems unlikely it has the improved d-pad. As another poster mentioned, the quality of the 360 d-pads seems to vary greatly, so you might finally have just not gotten a dud.

[quote name='Corvin']Well it is limited. ;)[/quote]

it's still in stock... i'm surprised, it's limited edition and it's $45 (with coupon), still in stock? Wow, we're in a recession... Nah, maybe just that most Xbox gamers got four controllers already.

[quote name='Serpentor']it's still in stock... i'm surprised, it's limited edition and it's $45 (with coupon), still in stock? Wow, we're in a recession... Nah, maybe just that most Xbox gamers got four controllers already.[/QUOTE]

Nah, people are just turned off at the blood tie-in.

[quote name='lito88']Anyone get theres shipped yet? its still at sent to warehouse[/quote]

If you went with the free shipping option, don't be surprised to wait 2 weeks. Buy.com is slooooowwww. Last time I ordered from them I went ahead and splurged on the 2 day shipping to avoid the wait time, but they still took 3 days just to ship it out, which really pissed me off.

[quote name='Serpentor']it's still in stock... i'm surprised, it's limited edition and it's $45 (with coupon), still in stock? Wow, we're in a recession... Nah, maybe just that most Xbox gamers got four controllers already.[/QUOTE]

It's probably "limited" just like the Halo 3 Legendary Edition. I've seen these everywhere. They'll probably be plentiful throughout the holidays.

I'm going to check craigs for my area and if i cant find anything semi cheap I am going to jump on the controller this weekend.

bread's done
Back