Limited Edition Red Wireless Controller Kit (Xbox 360) $48 Shipped at Buy.com

Is this deal dead?? I went to place an order and it says on the intial page ships in 1 to 2 weeks but the cart says unavailable but I can still go through the entire check out process. Can anyone give me any insight as to what is going on with this deal???

[quote name='dipset121']Is this deal dead?? I went to place an order and it says on the intial page ships in 1 to 2 weeks but the cart says unavailable but I can still go through the entire check out process. Can anyone give me any insight as to what is going on with this deal???[/quote]

No it isn't dead (that i know of) but the 'unavailable' probably means backordered so it will take 1-2 weeks just to leave the warehouse. And then the time for shipping to take [7-9 days (possibly longer) if you did the free shipping thing]. But I ordered one while it said unavailable and paid $45.60 shipped, so for me it will just take about 3-4 weeks for me to get it. I hope that answered your question. I am fairly new to online purchases, but that is my understanding.

I paid the $3 for shipping so hopefully I see mine today or tomorrow. It's been listed at 'shipped' for a couple days now.

[quote name='misbitski']It's probably "limited" just like the Halo 3 Legendary Edition. I've seen these everywhere. They'll probably be plentiful throughout the holidays.[/quote]

That's what i'm banking on... Some BF deals or something, $35 shipped, no tax, horray! If not, no big deal. Seriously, i need to watch my expenses. I love to stimulate the economy, but my poor wallet is beaten and robbed clean (partly my fault, but mostly Bill's fault)...

[quote name='MidnightMetal']No it isn't dead (that i know of) but the 'unavailable' probably means backordered so it will take 1-2 weeks just to leave the warehouse. And then the time for shipping to take [7-9 days (possibly longer) if you did the free shipping thing]. But I ordered one while it said unavailable and paid $45.60 shipped, so for me it will just take about 3-4 weeks for me to get it. I hope that answered your question. I am fairly new to online purchases, but that is my understanding.[/quote]

In for one just called microsoft and they confirmed this controller has a new dpad, longer battery life, new thumb pads, and longer lasting vibration than the current controllers also gave me spec number that I can't find at the moment.

Id think most people wouldnt need extra controlls since ever year or so most are buying a new system to replace there RROD. A red controll does fit the xbox 360 well tho.

[quote name='dipset121']In for one just called microsoft and they confirmed this controller has a new dpad, longer battery life, new thumb pads, and longer lasting vibration than the current controllers also gave me spec number that I can't find at the moment.[/quote]

Really?

I really want to get in on this, but I am having a hard time pulling the trigger. On one hand, I have a wired controller that is practically brand new. My wireless controller's left stick is wearing out, and my P&C battery can only hold around 2 hours of charge now. I can replace both in one go, but then again, I have a basically brand new wired controller. What to do, what to do...

Edit: Eh, if it ships in 3-5 Business days, I got about a week to cancel if I put in an order today. Which I just did >_

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it's worth it if you need a wireless controller. I couldn't stand using a wired controller any longer. I picked one up as it's a good price, especially considering that I was also looking for a new charge & play kit.

[quote name='splintercell']Darn, reports seem so inconclusive. Better how? Less mushy? More precise in terms of actually getting the direction you thought you were pressing? Also, I seem to recall reading somewhere that the bumpers were somehow different on this new red model - any thoughts?[/QUOTE]

It is very precise it terms of the direction you press (when you press left it goes to the left and not diagonal) making hadokens much easier in street fighter 3 lol (I still recommend an arcade stick though). the bumpers have been raised a bit and feel "clicker" which is much much better.

I saw it in BB today, the red is darker and much more appealing than it was on my monitor. I am giddy, I just need a spare red battery now.

[quote name='dipset121']In for one just called microsoft and they confirmed this controller has a new dpad, longer battery life, new thumb pads, and longer lasting vibration than the current controllers also gave me spec number that I can't find at the moment.[/quote]

im pretty sure the only thing new about this controller is just the LB and RB buttons (top buttons) stick out a little more. there is no mention on the d-pad, longer battery life, thumb pads, or longer vibration... heres a link to the official page

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360limitededitionredwirelesscontroller/default.htm

• Limited Edition red finish, with newly designed black accents
  • Bundled with a Play & Charge Cable and matching red rechargeable battery pack
  • 2.4GHz wireless technology with 30-foot range
  • Use up to four controllers simultaneously on one console
  • Integrated headset port for Xbox Live play
  • Adjustable vibration feedback for longer battery life
  • New left and right shoulder buttons are designed for ease of use
  • Use the Xbox 360 Guide button to keep track of your friends, access your games and media, or power on and off your Xbox 360 console

[quote name='illini1010']im pretty sure the only thing new about this controller is just the LB and RB buttons (top buttons) stick out a little more. there is no mention on the d-pad, longer battery life, thumb pads, or longer vibration... heres a link to the official page

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/hardware/x/xbox360limitededitionredwirelesscontroller/default.htm[/quote]

Look at the official description for ANY 360 controller and that line about shoulder buttons is in there. It's comparing the controller to the original Xbox's controller, which had no shoulder buttons at all; hence the 360 controller has "new shoulder buttons."

Just got the controller today. Looks awsome. I had one problem. I Pluged my controller in and with like 1-2 mins of charging it turned green. I unpluged it and played for awhile. then it showed it was low on battery and i had to charge it again. Whats the deal?

[quote name='lito88']Just got the controller today. Looks awsome. I had one problem. I Pluged my controller in and with like 1-2 mins of charging it turned green. I unpluged it and played for awhile. then it showed it was low on battery and i had to charge it again. Whats the deal?[/QUOTE]

sounds like your battery wasn't precharged and you should let it charge for a couple of hours. the 1-2 mins of charging you gave it , weren't enough

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Well, that's fine. I didn't say you were lying...just merely pointing out that nothing has been reported, so it seems unlikely it has the improved d-pad. As another poster mentioned, the quality of the 360 d-pads seems to vary greatly, so you might finally have just not gotten a dud.[/quote]

I gotcha:beer:

Got mine today and I'm pleased about the darker red color. Also I hope whoever invented clamshell packaging cuts themselves on some and bleeds to death. I'm always so paranoid that I'm going to put a huge scratch across my brand new controller because of the awful packaging.

yeah got mine today and its the exact same as a regular contoller, just a diff color. playing with a new controller made me realize how loose my old controllers joysticks were...

[quote name='illini1010']yeah got mine today and its the exact same as a regular contoller, just a diff color. playing with a new controller made me realize how loose my old controllers joysticks were...[/QUOTE]

Yep. This is easy to notice in Pac-Man: CE. I'll be missing turns that just flowed naturally with my original pad. It always takes me a while to break a new one in.

[quote name='h3llbring3r']Got mine today also, the red is awesome. I also dig the black accents over the grey.[/quote]

Same here. Too bad my chatpad doesn't blend in with it.

Now I can only wait for my 360 (if Dell had it on time I'd be playing it tomorrow. So lame.)...

[quote name='NegativeZero']sounds like your battery wasn't precharged and you should let it charge for a couple of hours. the 1-2 mins of charging you gave it , weren't enough[/quote]

Will what i did mess up the battery?

bread's done
Back