Limited Edition Xenosaga Episode 1 DVD

989boi

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
I'm looking for this limited edition dvd that Namco gave out as a pre-order bonus. Do anybody know where I can find one besides Ebay? I prefer looking for a B&M store that might sell it. Oh yeah sorry if I posted this topic in the wrong section, I didn't know where this might belong.

I got mine for free at Gamecrazy. They like me there and the guy gave me every single preorder bonus that he could for no apparent reason. I suggest going there and a) chatting them up and b) asking nicely. If that fails, I can give you mine eventually. I have yet to watch it, but want to. As soon as I watch it, you can have it. At the cost of shipping of course.

I got mine from a friend that works at Gamecrazy. Well actually it was my friend that was friends with the guy that works at Gamecrazy, but I'm now a friend with him also. I tend to normally get all of the pre-order items from EB though since much better friends with the guy that works there. The thing is like 4 hours long, and isn't all of the cutscenes of Episode 1. It's nearly impossible to sit and watch for the duration of it.

That sucks, no gamecrazy stores around my way. Its kinda hard gettin free stuff at my local gamestop or eb. Most of the time all they want is for you to preorder something from them or buy them preowned cards. Tromack, I'll gladly take you up on the offer whenever you're done with the dvd. No rush.

the only thing i dont get is why dont people that want this put down $5 at gamestop before the game was out? That's likely less than what you will end up paying for it now.

[quote name='62t']the only thing i dont get is why dont people that want this put down $5 at gamestop before the game was out? That's likely less than what you will end up paying for it now.[/quote]

I know what you mean. I had no intention of actually getting Xenosaga 2 on release but I wanted that dvd, so I just put 5$ down on it, got the dvd then came back a few days later and changed my pre-order to something else. If you didn't want to preorder anything else you could always just get your back too.

[quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='62t']the only thing i dont get is why dont people that want this put down $5 at gamestop before the game was out? That's likely less than what you will end up paying for it now.[/quote]

I know what you mean. I had no intention of actually getting Xenosaga 2 on release but I wanted that dvd, so I just put 5$ down on it, got the dvd then came back a few days later and changed my pre-order to something else. If you didn't want to preorder anything else you could always just get your back too.[/quote]

Some gamestop didn't even carry them or they were all taken. I got the very last one at my gamestop. They were all gone the first day, so I was told.

[quote name='blueweltall'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='62t']the only thing i dont get is why dont people that want this put down $5 at gamestop before the game was out? That's likely less than what you will end up paying for it now.[/quote]

I know what you mean. I had no intention of actually getting Xenosaga 2 on release but I wanted that dvd, so I just put 5$ down on it, got the dvd then came back a few days later and changed my pre-order to something else. If you didn't want to preorder anything else you could always just get your back too.[/quote]

Some gamestop didn't even carry them or they were all taken. I got the very last one at my gamestop. They were all gone the first day, so I was told.[/quote]

That would suck, luckily I got tons of gamestops near me, so that's pretty much never a problem

My gamestop was being a dick about it. They just didn't want to give it out to anybody unless u reserved and came back to buy the game on release date. I do plan on to buy the game but not at the $50 price mark.

If you ask around and find someone with them and they seem unwilling to give it to you anyway, just tell them you'll preorder something else that's coming out if they'll give you that premium, not everyone gives them out like water, so if you find someone who still manages to have one, striking a deal might be your best bet (and $5 even if you ate the cost would be cheaper then ebay).

I picked one up, it's pretty neat, but *really* long! like over four hours...o_O

[quote name='"jimbodan"'][quote name='blueweltall'][quote name='jimbodan'][quote name='62t']the only thing i dont get is why dont people that want this put down $5 at gamestop before the game was out? That's likely less than what you will end up paying for it now.[/quote]

Some gamestop didn't even carry them or they were all taken. I got the very last one at my gamestop. They were all gone the first day, so I was told.[/quote]

This is exactly how I got my copy. Plus, sometimes you can even switch your $5 to another preorder or something else in the store, but that's kinda shady. I mean, $5 for something like the Xeno DVD is not bad at all.

I tried watching the dvd... I fell asleep.
It doesn't really make the best 5 hour movie. I suppose it would be better if they actually put MORE in because it looses a lot of continuity in places near boss fights.
"Haha! I've got you"
*angle change*
"Damn, you beat me"

If you haven't played the game you'll probably spend a lot of the DVD confused... if you have played the game, you'll spend a lot of the time pissed off because of the scenes they cut out.

Actually, its about 2.5 hours. The "4.5 hours" of cutscenes it says it has on the back is the length it would have been had they not cut out so much.

[quote name='redgopher']Actually, its about 2.5 hours. The "4.5 hours" of cutscenes it says it has on the back is the length it would have been had they not cut out so much.[/quote]

Like I said, I feel asleep, I wouldn't know for sure. :wink:

[quote name='benboxer']I've seen some at Fry's for 99 cents but that was about a week ago.[/quote]

Is anyone near a Fry's that can hook a brother up?

[quote name='BigHow'][quote name='benboxer']I've seen some at Fry's for 99 cents but that was about a week ago.[/quote]

Is anyone near a Fry's that can hook a brother up?[/quote]

Visited 2 Frys and they dont it.

bread's done
Back