Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
No, I'm saying that if YOU want a box YOU can pay the extra price for it. I'm perfectly fine with my bubble mailers. If shipping went up to $8+ per game, I'd probably stop buying every release. I'm not the only one. 

I think the $5 extra is stupid too. So I deal with the bubble mailer and potential loose discs. It's a non issue for me because I open my games and play them anyway. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to mention you always have the option of choosing a box for $5 more and now they are including paper to prevent the games from bumping around and insisting that the fulfillment center actually seal the boxes with tape.
One thing is they charge us $5 shipping, yet they only send it regular 1st class that costs $2.60. So it might be a fair complaint here that they make sure the games come well padded overall considering the extra $2.40 all ready built in.

One thing is they charge us $5 shipping, yet they only send it regular 1st class that costs $2.60. So it might be a fair complaint here that they make sure the games come well padded overall considering the extra $2.40 all ready built in.
They use a fulfilment center to ship games, do you think that's free, good god all mighty!!!!!

If you don't like it don't buy , more copies for me.

And the shipping is flat rate meaning I've been able to order 5 games at once and was only charged $5.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

These complaints are starting to get rather silly.

None of these complaints about shipping costs have taken into account labor costs.

Everyone seems to be forgetting that the $5 is a set amount of shipping, and if there are multiple releases on the same day, you're still charged the same cost.  You can estimate the costs all you want, but in the end, not every order will be the same weight depending on the quantities involved.

As much as we want to believe that LRG are just doing this because they want to help the gaming community obtain physical copies of game we wouldn't be able to get otherwise, do you really expect them to make a living off of their good will?  Salaries and operating costs do kind of matter here, and it doesn't really seem like anybody takes any of that into account.

This is not as simple as so many of you are trying to make it out to be.

Just calm down everyone, and think things through more clearly.

It's one thing to give suggestions and feedback, but it's another to ramble on aimlessly without being constructive.

If you don't like it don't buy , more copies for me.
This makes no logical sense.

As much as we want to believe that LRG are just doing this because they want to help the gaming community obtain physical copies of game we wouldn't be able to get otherwise, do you really expect them to make a living off of their good will? Salaries and operating costs do kind of matter here, and it doesn't really seem like anybody takes any of that into account.
I think you are forgetting they are selling a game. It's not just the flat rate shipping costs that bring in money but the actual game provides some serious $$$ to LRG for making this happen. It should be enough to pay everyone as it's easily been enough to ramp up their production to have multiple titles at once and multiple batches in the same month.

In the end if they wanted to prevent damages they could opt for better shipping materials... but it probably is a better deal to just gamble that there won't be too many damaged and keep some extra production out to deal with those that complain. It's what companies do. If 97% arrive without problem then the 3% of issues can be dealt with... especially if only a fraction of those report the issues and deal with trying to get a replacement. I do wonder though how many above the total units they say are on sale (which is also the claimed production numbers) are actually made. I mean if they sell 1500 copies, claim only 1500 were produced, and then still have extras to deal with damaged items... then there were more than 1500 produced. That kind of data would be interesting for collectors to know.

Shipping should be free / included in the $25 price of the game. That being said I'll pay it to get my copy of Soldner-X 2. Might double up this time around since it's only releasing for PS Vita. I bought both versions of Oddworld & Futuridium, opened PS4 version of Futuridium to play & kept my Vita copy sealed. Kept both Oddworld copies sealed since I already owned it digitally along with the DLC & Oddworld is a cross-buy game so no reason to open either. No loose disc or crushed cases on either of my two orders with them, knock on wood.

I mean if they sell 1500 copies, claim only 1500 were produced, and then still have extras to deal with damaged items... then there were more than 1500 produced. That kind of data would be interesting for collectors to know.
Is there anything LRG has said that supports this? I took their production numbers to be absolute. So for Breach & Clear I was assuming they sold ~1450 and held back the rest for replacements, giveaways, etc...

Shipping should be free / included in the $25 price of the game. That being said I'll pay it to get my copy of Soldner-X 2. Might double up this time around since it's only releasing for PS Vita. I bought both versions of Oddworld & Futuridium, opened PS4 version of Futuridium to play & kept my Vita copy sealed. Kept both Oddworld copies sealed since I already owned it digitally along with the DLC & Oddworld is a cross-buy game so no reason to open either. No loose disc or crushed cases on either of my two orders with them, knock on wood.
Free shipping, good one[emoji12]

They might as well have a buy 2g1 free

Is there anything LRG has said that supports this? I took their production numbers to be absolute. So for Breach & Clear I was assuming they sold ~1450 and held back the rest for replacements, giveaways, etc...
They have stated on their forums previously that your understanding is correct.

lol fuck off. You think they should spend time to get all this coordinated, pay for small-batch manufacturing, pay royalties to the creator, pay the distribution center, the space, supplies, shipping, and all the man-hours, on $25 shipped? You know that brings in $25k for every 1000 copies to split among all of that, right? I don't think LRG even sees 20% of that before payroll.

Free shipping, good one[emoji12]

They might as well have a buy 2g1 free

That's your opinion. But look at the comment above mine. People feel the same as me. What do you think the Limited Run Games guys aren't eating lovely off their shit? Not to say they don't deserve their success but giving them a few more dollars to ship something that's already pricey is bs. You wanna be sympathetic to another man's pockets go ahead, that's not my thing.

lol fuck off. You think they should spend time to get all this coordinated, pay for small-batch manufacturing, pay royalties to the creator, pay the distribution center, the space, supplies, shipping, and all the man-hours, on $25 shipped? You know that brings in $25k for every 1000 copies to split among all of that, right? I don't think LRG even sees 20% of that before payroll.
See above bozo

You think paying people like a maximum $1k a month is is eating lovely, holy shit.

Edit: That's less than minimum wage, not that you'll know what that even means.

You think paying people like a maximum $1k a month is is eating lovely, holy shit.

How do you know what they're making?!? Obviously production is ramping up in terms of quantity of games being produced & number of titles being released by them. You are a corporate minded zombie type of person. I'm for the people. Everything should be cheaper. Limited run games, houses, food, gas, education. Inflation is a hidden tax. Wake up.

That's your opinion. But look at the comment above mine. People feel the same as me. What do you think the Limited Run Games guys aren't eating lovely off their shit? Not to say they don't deserve their success but giving them a few more dollars to ship something that's already pricey is bs. You wanna be sympathetic to another man's pockets go ahead, that's not my thing.
See above bozo
How do you know what they're making?!? Obviously production is ramping up in terms of quantity of games being produced & number of titles being released by them. You are a corporate minded zombie type of person. I'm for the people. Everything should be cheaper. Limited run games, houses, food, gas, education. Inflation is a hidden tax. Wake up.
post-38004-Jesse-Pinkman-drinking-water-g-lTAu.gif

Ahahahaah " I'm for the people"

Anyone have a copy of Breach & Clear for the Vita they would trade for my PS4 copy of Saturday Morning RPG?

Power to the people!!! God forbid sum1 has a different opinion than certain users on here on any given topic. Travel outside that bubble boy!!
I for one can say I look forward to you bringing games to us, the people, at no mark-up. Let me know when you get around to starting that.

Someone please cast a spell on LTC, turning him back into a Lurker. This whining is getting pretty old. LRG probably makes peanuts (at best) on their limited release games, charging as little as they do (yes including shipping costs which are very cheap). Anyone who complains us just being whiny and ungrateful.

Someone please cast a spell on LTC, turning him back into a Lurker. This whining is getting pretty old. LRG probably makes peanuts (at best) on their limited release games, charging as little as they do (yes including shipping costs which are very cheap). Anyone who complains us just being whiny and ungrateful.
I certainly wouldn't say that they're making "peanuts" from their releases, but they're certainly not Scrooge McDucking it up like some of the people in this thread are trying to make it sound like.

I certainly wouldn't say that they're making "peanuts" from their releases, but they're certainly not Scrooge McDucking it up like some of the people in this thread are trying to make it sound like.
IIRC, they've stated in the past that devs make a higher profit margin off of LRG games than they do off of digital versions, plus the devs get a small batch of the games for themselves, plus LRG handles the manufacturing. At $25 a pop, there's no way they're sitting on a ton of money. My guess is that it's a super easy way for the devs to get a little extra money and recognition without much effort, and that's why LRG is finding so many partners to work with, and why they appear to be so successful.

LRG was literally out of money in May after Oddworld.

Sure, they have more money now (than usual) but that is probably going to increasing the Vita Print Run and paying upfront for some games (like Phantom Breaker Battlegrounds)

As for the split between Devs and LRG, its about 75% for Devs, 25% for LRG I believe. (Its from the neogaf thread, which they actually post in. And No, im not going to look for it)

They are going to need to work with Tecmo Koei to release Atelier Rorona Plus Vita to show they can work with the bigger publishers.  Now Atelier Rorona Plus won't be limited release and they will need to pay upfront for the print.  

Wtf r u talking about whining. I stated my opinion once & the nerd herd came out of the wood works like they always do on this site when sum1 doesn't agree with their thinking. I didn't even start the fucking shipping cost convo. So fuck u & all the other corny lil fags on here that can't bare to think sumthing should b cheaper becuz it's limited & from a small company. All these people looking into LRG's pockets & no1 actually knows shit in regards to their actual profit margins, including any1 posting on here. So stfu & eat a dick. Now post sum lil gay gif. Bitch

No1 is trying to make it sound like they're killing it but guess what, there's always room for improvement/ cheaper cost to customers. That's all I'm saying. fuck the politics with devs, etc. My logic is cheaper = better. $25 shipped isn't that insane of a concept. You guys are fucking ridiculous on here when people don't agree with your opinions.

Looking at this, you're making it sound like the two LRG guys are living it up by gouging us with these games. They've been transparent enough that we know that's not true. Your opinions about making everything cheaper are fine, but this one particular opinion was wrong. It's not a big deal if other people want to point that out.
Knock it off with the fag/gay crap though. It makes you sound stupid.

LTC would have been banned if I could do it from mobile right now. Consider that your one and only warning. No need to reply to this comment.

I'm sure it's been asked plenty of times, but what do you think the chances of getting Axiom Verge released would be?

I'm sure it's been asked plenty of times, but what do you think the chances of getting Axiom Verge released would be?
Yeah, where all hoping. Hopefully if LRG doesn't make it happen, the developer will. It's one of the best indie titles released in awhile, so to not release a physical version is missing out on dollars, but seem people don't like money, so time will tell.

Hey @CheapyD go ahead & ban me. I could care less. I'll respond to whatever comment I want on here, including yours. Consider this my one & only warning!?! Don't respond!? Or what?? Gtfo here. I'm not your son. When sum1 on this site has the balls to have their own opinion that might b different than the general population on here there is a small group of pretentious assholes that write their lil sarcastic remarks which I feel discourages alot of silent users from becoming more vocal. It only causes more non-veteran type users to not wanna comment or join any convos. @chimpmeister you are 1 of the main culprits, that Poke... whatever the rest of his name is guy & a few others.

@Equippt Where I'm from you can call sum1 a fag for being "gay". It's not a anti-homosexual thing. It's been explained a million times be4. I think there's an old Eminem interview out there were he goes over this exact topic. I have no problem with gay people or any people for that matter. But if sum1 is being a fucking fag I'm gonna tell em. Homosexual or not. And I really dgaf wut u think I sound like. It's not like I called sum1 a faggot. That would be a fucked up anti-homosexual type thing to say. Everyone knew what I meant including you. Does any when gasp & say omg when sum1 says nigga?!? No, they don't. Why? Becuz there's a difference between that word & its origin word & the intented definition is reflected in the usage of the word.

Now fucking ban me for speaking my mind Cheapy. Didn't know this site was on some North Korea shit.

Hey @CheapyD go ahead & ban me. I could care less. I'll respond to whatever comment I want on here, including yours. Consider this my one & only warning!?! Don't respond!? Or what?? Gtfo here. I'm not your son. When sum1 on this site has the balls to have their own opinion that might b different than the general population on here there is a small group of pretentious assholes that write their lil sarcastic remarks which I feel discourages alot of silent users from becoming more vocal. It only causes more non-veteran type users to not wanna comment or join any convos. @chimpmeister you are 1 of the main culprits, that Poke... whatever the rest of his name is guy & a few others.

@Equippt Where I'm from you can call sum1 a fag for being "gay". It's not a anti-homosexual thing. It's been explained a million times be4. I think there's an old Eminem interview out there were he goes over this exact topic. I have no problem with gay people or any people for that matter. But if sum1 is being a fucking fag I'm gonna tell em. Homosexual or not. And I really dgaf wut u think I sound like. It's not like I called sum1 a faggot. That would be a fucked up anti-homosexual type thing to say. Everyone knew what I meant including you. Does any when gasp & say omg when sum1 says nigga?!? No, they don't. Why? Becuz there's a difference between that word & its origin word & the intented definition is reflected in the usage of the word.

Now fucking ban me for speaking my mind Cheapy. Didn't know this site was on some North Korea shit.

I doubt youd get banned for speaking your mind or commenting on what you want. Probably be banned because you're an aggressive dick that acts superior and self righteous spouting nonsense at others as if they were beneath you in some poor attempt at getting a cheap sense of self satisfaction because you seem to be nothing more than an internet tough guy that is probably weak willed in real life so you need to lash out from behind the safety of your computer because you're scared to do so in real life.

Oh and in case you didn't notice, this is the LRG thread, not the "Im probably the only male in existence suffering from penis envy" thread.

I doubt youd get banned for speaking your mind or commenting on what you want. Probably be banned because you're an aggressive dick that acts superior and self righteous spouting nonsense at others as if they were beneath you in some poor attempt at getting a cheap sense of self satisfaction because you seem to be nothing more than an internet tough guy that is probably weak willed in real life so you need to lash out from behind the safety of your computer because you're scared to do so in real life.

Oh and in case you didn't notice, this is the LRG thread, not the "Im probably the only male in existence suffering from penis envy" thread.
First of all I'm proud to say I have no idea what "penis envy"'is. I'll leave that to perverted nerds like you. And chill with all that tough guy shit becuz I didn't threaten any1. You are being a fag. Simple & plain. Not saying you are "beneath" me but you are def acting like a fag. And if you wanna get an idea about me in "real life" just picture that guy that would punch u right in your fucking face in real life if you said the slightest slick remark to my face. This same guy defended the kids who got picked on in highschool. You know nothing about me or my character. You just can't stand the fact that there's another side to this coin called life. Now go back to living your perfectly righteous life. Corporate mind fucked zombie.

First of all I'm proud to say I have no idea what "penis envy"'is. I'll leave that to perverted nerds like you. And chill with all that tough guy shit becuz I didn't threaten any1. You are being a fag. Simple & plain. Not saying you are "beneath" me but you are def acting like a fag. And if you wanna get an idea about me in "real life" just picture that guy that would punch u right in your fucking face in real life if you said the slightest slick remark to my face. This same guy defended the kids who got picked on in highschool. You know nothing about me or my character. You just can't stand the fact that there's another side to this coin called life. Now go back to living your perfectly righteous life. Corporate mind fucked zombie.
billbored.gif

Thank god for being able to block people, because you bore me.

Smell ya later.

bread's done
Back