Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Just want to drop in and assure people that the cover art for Battle Princess Madelyn is 100% not final. They wanted a mockup for the Kickstarter campaign and this was put together very fast. In general, we let developers put together their cover art as it's ultimately their game and how it is preserved in a box should be up to them. If something really doesn't fit our standards for cover art, we'll hire an artist or handle the cover in-house. With the game's release off in the distance, there is no reason to be concerned about the cover art at this juncture.

We've been trying to get something going with Square Enix but they're a walled garden. Japanese companies work on recommendations and until we start having more positive relationships with bigger Japanese-owned publishers and developers, working with Square will likely be a bit of a stretch. Our reputation is growing in Japan, though, you can see that this month with two Japanese releases on PS4 and one on Vita next month. We've also got a really big relationship brewing that will make all the armchair analysts eat their words, throw them up, and eat them again. :) 

We've been trying to get something going with Square Enix but they're a walled garden. Japanese companies work on recommendations and until we start having more positive relationships with bigger Japanese-owned publishers and developers, working with Square will likely be a bit of a stretch. Our reputation is growing in Japan, though, you can see that this month with two Japanese releases on PS4 and one on Vita next month. We've also got a really big relationship brewing that will make all the armchair analysts eat their words, throw them up, and eat them again. :)
post-53373-peter-griffin-go-on-meme-Imgur-r74t.gif

Looks like new LRG releases are up on their website:
Pang PS4 release 31MAR
Dariusburst CS PS4 release TBD
Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae PS4 31MAR
Ray Gigant VITA release 14APR
Astebeed PS4 release 31MAR

The end of March is going to go out with a bang.

I'm mainly just looking forward to the middle of next month though. :p

Looking at all the current quantities though, they're all fairly high, with the exception of one.

Most likely due to the higher price tag, they probably trying to offset that part. :D

Last edited by a moderator:
We've also got a really big relationship brewing that will make all the armchair analysts eat their words, throw them up, and eat them again. :)
I wish things could just be said so no one would have to analyze and predict this stuff. :wall:

I hope it's Sega or Capcom :pray: . Of course now that I've said that, anything less than that will be a huge letdown. If you get someone bigger than that, ok, I'll be more than impressed unless the game being published is some garbage throw away title.

We're all looking forward to announcements for some better games. 

Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae is $5 on Steam right now if anyone is interested.  Astebreed is also $4.94.

Darius Burst is 2800 units? That's going to be a bloodbath.
Not really. They are also doing 2,000 of the LE for a total run of 4,800. Also, the standard edition is $60 and the LE will likely be closer to $100, so that's gonna narrow demand somewhat.

Not really. They are also doing 2,000 of the LE for a total run of 4,800. Also, the standard edition is $60 and the LE will likely be closer to $100, so that's gonna narrow demand somewhat.
That's not how it works. Limited is still limited. $100 won't discourage anybody, they will just be $500 on eBay instead of $100.

That said I'm more confident with these release quantities.  Runner 2 PAX cover seemed easy but I believe the DST shift screwed alot of people and made that easier to grab than it otherwise would have been.

Darius Burst is 2800 units? That's going to be a bloodbath.
I will be surprised if this one lasts more than a couple minutes unless it's due to store errors or something. Bloodbath may be an understatement. Especially with everyone buying 2 to flip for profits.

It'll be interesting if the demand for this drives more people over to play-asia (or other sites) for the Japanese version for the PS4 which comes out on 3/30 and actually is priced a little lower than the LRG version.

That's not how it works. Limited is still limited. $100 won't discourage anybody, they will just be $500 on eBay instead of $100.
I'm not so sure. Oh, I'm certain that it will sell out quickly, Darius is an established franchise with an existing fan-base. It has brand recognition. But asking for $60 as opposed to the usual $25-$30 is going to prevent a lot of impulse buyers from jumping on it. The usual pricing for LRG releases is part of the reason why I so frequently snatch them up. A more budget-friendly price range makes picking these releases up a lot more manageable. It's part of the reason why I might go ahead and get a LRG release that I haven't played before.

If you jack up the price on these to a more industry-standard range, some more casual consumers are going to step back. The more enthusiastic collectors will barely blink, but a lot of others aren't going to be quite as quick to jump on those titles. Pricing is always significant, especially where consumer reaction is concerned.

I'm not so sure. Oh, I'm certain that it will sell out quickly, Darius is an established franchise with an existing fan-base. It has brand recognition. But asking for $60 as opposed to the usual $25-$30 is going to prevent a lot of impulse buyers from jumping on it. The usual pricing for LRG releases is part of the reason why I so frequently snatch them up. A more budget-friendly price range makes picking these releases up a lot more manageable. It's part of the reason why I might go ahead and get a LRG release that I haven't played before.

If you jack up the price on these to a more industry-standard range, some more casual consumers are going to step back. The more enthusiastic collectors will barely blink, but a lot of others aren't going to be quite as quick to jump on those titles. Pricing is always significant, especially where consumer reaction is concerned.
Agreed. Sure, there will always be resellers hoping to jump in and make a profit, but SHMUPs are already a niche and lots of SHMUP collectors are outside of North America and Europe (i.e. LRG's biggest markets) and may prefer to own the game a Japanese or other region version. You can't have a healthy resale market if there just isn't anyone to pay the inflated prices.

Devil's Third, FF XV UCE, Nier Black Box, and other $59.99-$280+ scalped games would like to have a word with you.

Nothing is safe whether it's $59.99 or $500 or $24.99.

Devil's Third in particular as it was "out of stock" in 24 hours of release and scalpers had even snatched up gutted GameStop copies and were listing them as "new" @ $100 in less than 48 hours.

The Jordan edition NBA 2K game had a similar fate.

Basically $59.99 will not have any effect on making Darius last any longer.

Is there word on whether the three games on March 31st will have an add all to cart option?

I'm already having anxiety over trying to click all three in time.

Just astebreed for me. I'd really like Darius but it's gonna really highly depend on the release date. If it's the 24th or the 28th I'm in because those days are after my birthday lol.

I haven't played or heard of any of these, any worth playing?
Astebreed will be a great pick up if you like Shmups but it's super short which is pretty common for the genre.

Pang Adventures if you like retro style gameplay with an updated art style.

Those are the 2 I'm going for on the 31st. The other game looks cool too but I'll prob pass on it.

Astebreed will be a great pick up if you like Shmups but it's super short which is pretty common for the genre.
Pang Adventures if you like retro style gameplay with an updated art style.
Those are the 2 I'm going for on the 31st. The other game looks cool too but I'll prob pass on it.
Looks like astebreed for me then. Others don't sound too interesting.

Josh, how about an option for free shipping for x amount of tickets?
Easy to do for US orders but would be way too costly for international orders (especially if someone used free shipping for a held order). Too many logistical issues to consider there, unfortunately.

Looking like I may just skip the entire month of March at this point, lol.

Was possibly interested in Astebreed, but of course it's the only title that's $29.99. XD

Aw well.

At least I have Ray Gigant to look forward to for sure in April. ^___^

We've been trying to get something going with Square Enix but they're a walled garden...We've also got a really big relationship brewing that will make all the armchair analysts eat their words, throw them up, and eat them again. :)
So what you're saying is "I am Setsuna" is a no-go, but Switch is. Sa-weet! Can't wait to see what you bring out!

Going to be dropping some serious scrilla in the next few weeks. I'm glad I'm not really much into RPG's so I can skip Cosmic Star Heroine, but I'll be going for all three games on the 31st as well as Dariusburst whenever that happens. I also need to pull the trigger on backing Battle Princess Madelyn. 

So what you're saying is "I am Setsuna" is a no-go, but Switch is. Sa-weet! Can't wait to see what you bring out!
I wouldn't say it is a no-go, but it's a long time off if it ever does happen. We have to crack relationships with the other old-guard Japanese game publishers before Square Enix will give us the time of day - at least as far as Japanese IP is concerned (we could likely crack the Eidos side with enough effort).

FWIW, I Am Setsuna does have an asian-english release available that comes with english cover art / cart label as well (switch is region free)

I would love to see a physical copy of Snipper Clips  make it out one day, godspeed LRG

If you do Switch before Vita is retired can you PLEASE have split release days?  Don't need a situation of having too many things to add to cart and things selling out before you can even check out across three platforms.  Having to decide which platform will never be 100% complete would be BS.

Not excited at all about the possibility of 2-3 releases for PS4, Vita, and Switch on the same morning. Would hate to permanently miss a Vita title so close to the end or a Switch title right from the beginning.

Just got Dear Esther in the mail; Pretty sure there's a typo on the spine because mine only says 'LR-P2'

OCD Overload lol

Does astebreed come with any manual or insert?

sorry for always asking these type of questions I just really like manuals in games.

If you do Switch before Vita is retired can you PLEASE have split release days? Don't need a situation of having too many things to add to cart and things selling out before you can even check out across three platforms. Having to decide which platform will never be 100% complete would be BS.

Not excited at all about the possibility of 2-3 releases for PS4, Vita, and Switch on the same morning. Would hate to permanently miss a Vita title so close to the end or a Switch title right from the beginning.
The idea is to host switch releases under a different line - think Limited Run S - for lack of any real thought into the name. The current Limited Run Games Collection and numbering will remain PlayStation specific. Switch will be its own separate thing; as such, the releases won't intermingle.

The idea is to host switch releases under a different line - think Limited Run S - for lack of any real thought into the name. The current Limited Run Games Collection and numbering will remain PlayStation specific. Switch will be its own separate thing; as such, the releases won't intermingle.
That's a cool idea actually, I approve. Hopefully we all get some use out of it with more than 1 or 2 games over the NS lifespan.

Primary concern here being if you produce Switch games they will, as with Vita and PS4, be official releases and be required for a full library collection.

For someone doing all three platforms regardless of LRGs numbering convention, it may start to prove impossible to get every release on every console before long. (3 games x 3 platforms = 9 tabs to refresh and add to cart before checking out).

Vita is really the thorn here. It just keeps dragging on :p

I wish things could just be said so no one would have to analyze and predict this stuff. :wall:

I hope it's Sega or Capcom :pray: . Of course now that I've said that, anything less than that will be a huge letdown. If you get someone bigger than that, ok, I'll be more than impressed unless the game being published is some garbage throw away title.
Why would it be two companies who already publish physical games?

bread's done
Back