Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
But they generally don't advertise it that way. All they say is the print run is x. With limited exceptions where they specifically call out the number of bundles or something like that, they never promise to sell a certain number in each batch. I mean I suppose if they claimed the print run was 1,500 but it was really 2,000, that could be an issue, but that seems like it's not the case.
Good point, never really thought of it that way. For CB it says "Only 4,000 copies of Caladrius Blaze have been pressed" but nothing about how many will actually be sold.

Now I'm super curious about this...:whistle2:k

I'm pretty sure Josh has mentioned that they'll be terminated by Sony if they do something like that since Sony employees are watching over the print Run and their advertisements and such.

No matter how it's done, there HAS to be a mismatch between units produced and units sold. If there's not an overproduction compared to sales then they can't hold some units back as replacements/promos. 

From the way Doug answered the question in the interview, it sounds like they sell less than they advertise producing. This would mean that your limited availability item is even more limited than advertised (1500) IE 1/1200 sold vs 1/1500 produced. This is a good way of covering any units that need to be withheld. Many larger companies would opt to advertise how many they would sell instead of how many were actually produced, making your limited item less limited than advertised (1500) IE 1/1500 sold vs 1/1750 produced. 

Not sure what the confusion is. The website always clearly says "x copies in existence" as in printed, ever, not what's being sold.  It's pretty clear that not all of them are sold from that alone.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good luck to all the Vita completionists that didn't do the $150 backer tier on the Muv Luv KS when that bad boy finally gets produced. That thing is going to be so expensive and desirable on the aftermarket lmao. The base game is going to have to be good enough for people that don't want to dish out a few hundred $.
Maybe a bunch of them will take and dump their collections and lower prices for other titles people need backfilled :D

Honestly, I never once thought the numbers LRG ever gave where for the amount shipped out or sold at release, as I always knew they held back inventory for other things. So when a game has a release number of 2000, I always assumed that was really 1700(give or take)actually being sold at the time.

As that number really doesn't mean much, as the overall number is still in the range, and I don't think anyone is basing a buying decisions on a few hundred qty difference. So was someone here a buyer at 2000, but at 1700, not so much? I really don't see an issue either way just more things to complain about in regards to LRG and how they run their business.

What I would be upset about is if they said there were only 1500 B&C Vita in existence and then revealed they actually produced 2000.  The overall production numbers are a big deal and lying about the number of copies in existence would break the foundation of the company.  Granted I don't care if they produce even 10,000 of a game, but if they report that only 10,000 exist, then only 10,000 should have been produced.   So nothing to complain about in this regard.  LRG appears to be doing what they stated from the beginning as far as production numbers go.

If anything it's just more food for thought on future sales for those that didn't understand because when they say 3000 copies are available of some Vita game, that means 10% are held out and only 2700 are on sale.  The AM batch may only be 1500 copies, and then of those 1500... they may have some pulled for bundles.  So individual basic copies will be much less than expected.

LRG Trading Card Binder up for sale, includes a random card.

$9.99 + 5.50 shipping = $15.49
Uh, so does this not come with the card sleeves I'm guessing? As in the description they recommend buying a card protector, which IMO defeats the purpose of buying this.

I understand the cost of the sleeves probably would put the cost higher, but that fact that your ordering an item to protect trading cards, but then you need to buy another item to protect it, seems a little silly to say the least. It's seems at .50 that should have just been included in the price Vs. telling the customer to buy it separate.

EDIT: So if the sleeves that are shown aren't included, that should be stated in the listing, and if they are included, can't the 1 card just be inserted and protected in that way?

Uh, so does this not come with the card sleeves I'm guessing? As in the description they recommend buying a card protector, which IMO defeats the purpose of buying this.

I understand the cost of the sleeves probably would put the cost higher, but that fact that your ordering an item to protect trading cards, but then you need to buy another item to protect it, seems a little silly to say the least. It's seems at .50 that should have just been included in the price Vs. telling the customer to buy it separate.

EDIT: So if the sleeves that are shown aren't included, that should be stated in the listing, and if they are included, can't the 1 card just be inserted and protected in that way?
Pretty sure it comes with the pages to hold the cards as it specifically says it holds up to 80 cards but you're right that it's a little vague.

Pretty sure it comes with the pages to hold the cards as it specifically says it holds up to 80 cards but you're right that it's a little vague.
That was my thinking when I first saw it, but then why have to buy a card protector?

That was my thinking when I first saw it, but then why have to buy a card protector?
I think they're implying that the card will be shipped loose from the binder. Maybe the binders are shrink-wrapped and they don't want to open them to insert the card?

I'm guessing they come with the standard floppy card holder, the 3x3 pages, but you can fit the individual card holders in them?
It's a 2x2 card binder

Maybe the book comes sealed and they would have to break the factory seal to insert the card into the book? That's all I can figure and seems quite likely.

Uh, so does this not come with the card sleeves I'm guessing?
It comes with pages, the book isn't spiral bound so it's likely they are permanently bound to the book. It holds up to 80 cards which is likley 8 per page (4 front/ 4 back of page) it just has 10 pages in it. Also note the 4 cards and the book is actually pretty small in dimensions. I wonder if it's as tall as a PS4 case? I'm sure someone will take a moment to measure the cards and get a good guess on the dimensions. This might fit on game shelves (with PS4 games). It definitely will fit sideways.

Next up... LRG Plushies, some limited run vinyl figures, and various other items.

I figured it could be sealed, but still asking someone to buy a protector, when their already buying what is supposed to be for that, seems rather out of sorts.

I wonder if it's as tall as a PS4 case? I'm sure someone will take a moment to measure the cards and get a good guess on the dimensions. This might fit on game shelves (with PS4 games). It definitely will fit sideways.
Here's a 4 pocket on Amazon. Dims are 8.4 x 7 x 0.9 inches

PS4 cases are 170 x 135 x 14mm (6.7 x 5.3 x 0.6 inches)

Here's a 4 pocket on Amazon. Dims are 8.4 x 7 x 0.9 inches

PS4 cases are 170 x 135 x 14mm (6.7 x 5.3 x 0.6 inches)
Nice detective work. That'll make it easier for those that actually want this to see if it'll fit on their shelves. For reference that's very close to Sega CD & Saturn Long Box height.

"If you want to make sure that your card arrives safely and in great condition, make sure to add a trading card protector to your order."

Is this a joke? Sorry. It's not the buyer's job to ensure items arrive safely.

Speaking of the cards, I thought I saw a list of all of the cards that had currently been made but I cannot find it anywhere. Any idea on where this list could be or was I dreaming?

Speaking of the cards, I thought I saw a list of all of the cards that had currently been made but I cannot find it anywhere. Any idea on where this list could be or was I dreaming?
I personally haven't seen one, but it stands to reason someone should have made one by now.

The trading cards are very cool. I received cards for Night Trap and Wonder Boy which both turned out quite nicely.  But I can't get into the trading card thing when I already bought 70 or 80 games with no cards. 

In the picture on the binder item page I find it weird how some cards are portrait and some are landscape, yet two separate types of landscape cards have their numbers in different areas of the card. 

collecting cards is too much money to get all. damn pokemon days back in the late 90s! probably not gonna buy the binder. i'll just use my pokemon binder instead lol

How the fuck are you supposed to get a B&C or SMRPG card? Luck? Send it to the people who ordered them originally?
It wasn't that one but I got a card with my Shadow Warrior 2 set. They also had cards for sale at their booth at PAX East/West.

Edit: the cards are intended to promote trading among collectors, so there's that too.

How the fuck are you supposed to get a B&C or SMRPG card? Luck? Send it to the people who ordered them originally?
I didn't know they planned to go back and produce TC for past games, but that's pretty cool I guess. They are supposed to be offering packs, like you would buy at retail for any type of trading cards, and I'd imagine most will get them through there. Then you just trade your extras for what you need, so forth and so on.

We won't know how well that will work until we see what actually comes in the packs, but it could be cool. I have a few now, but I'll buy some packs and see what I get. If it's like those blind boxes last year, I won't be participating long, but if it's just random cards in the packs, and I get some good variety, I'll see about collecting, why not?

It would be nice if we can get cards for our previous purchases. Just like how it would be nice to get reward tickets for the previous purchaes. But if it does happen, somehow, it sounds more like a headache to get.

Well I purchased 3 copies of Night Trap, one LE and two standard and received three of the same card.  Apparently there are four different Night Trap cards so its like whatever...

If they advertise 1,500, they sell 1,500. If they advertise 1,500 but only sell 1,200 because they need to hold some back for damage/replacements, I would imagine that that's against some advertising rules.
The number stated is the total run size, regardless of what is actually sold. Any other number, higher or lower, would be false advertising. There's no way around the necessity to hold back units for replacements.

Well I purchased 3 copies of Night Trap, one LE and two standard and received three of the same card. Apparently there are four different Night Trap cards so its like whatever...
Two of the cards don't exist yet and are in manufacturing to go out with the PC box. We mostly ran out of the SCAT logo card (outside of held cards for the FMV Friday bundle) so we had to print more cards to send out with the PC version.

"If you want to make sure that your card arrives safely and in great condition, make sure to add a trading card protector to your order."

The trading cards are a free bonus that already cost us quite a bit per card versus the old cards/stickers. If a corner arrives slightly bent we're not going to pay the shipping to replace it. The card protectors are $0.50. We're not asking a lot here if you care about making sure the card arrives in perfect shape.

Lol why don't they just put the trading card into the binder for safe keeping instead of luring you into buying a card protector too...
The binders are sealed by Ultra-Pro. I think most people would prefer we don't open the seal.

Binders come with 10 pages attached. Each can be double backed so you can store 80 cards.

The binders are sealed by Ultra-Pro. I think most people would prefer we don't open the seal.

Binders come with 10 pages attached. Each can be double backed so you can store 80 cards.
Fair enough, so will the card binder get covered in bubble wrap for shipping? As if that is the case, I'm happy to have my card laid flat on the sealed binder, and with the bubble wrap over that, it should be fine.

I thought the exact same thing when I first made purchases and saw they wanted a few extra bucks for a fancy pos cardboard box that says LR lol. Its not like they do a great job making the box any more secure than the black bubble mailer (actually games and cards have arrived better in the mailer than they have in the box) because they throw a piece of crappy paper in the box; put the game in and the card on top of the game at least in my experiences; last box i got from them card made it thru; but because the piece of crap brown paper doesn't keep the game case in place as well as a bubble mailer does the disc is loose in the case. But guess thats on the customer for not buying Add on shipping accessories from a video game site. Why not offer peanuts and styrofoam so at least customers can get a secured shipped item if you want to charge EXTRA for shipping supplies.

If customers wanted to buy shipping supplies they would go to the UPS Store. Occasionally I sell things on ebay and because I care about reviews; and customer feedback you better believe my packages leave so the item arrives in the same condition it was bought in....guess that theory doesnt trickle down to a business thats operating for its "fans"

A business that is shipping items out should care what shape items arrive in without having to reach back into that customers pocket; But OH WAIT THEY DONT CARE ABOUT PROFITS; But wait yes they do and these add-ons are a way to off set supposedly what they dont make lol.

I have yet to receive a floating PS4 disc on any LRG PS4 game shipped in a box while it was roughly 50/50 on PS4 games sent in bubble mailers.

LRG is pretty clear that they ship in a box free of charge when 1 PS4 game and at least one other game (Vita, PS4, or PC) is ordered in the same order.  If you just order one PS4 game at a time you need to pay the extra $2 for the box or be satisfied with a bubble mailer.  I have always gone with the default bubble mailer in this case.  Its pretty easy to fix the floating disc without opening the game, or just open the game (like I do most of the time) and use it as PS4 games are extremely hard to scratch.

The difference being when you sell things on eBay, you can't replace that thing if something goes wrong. We do replace items that get damaged in shipping and I've explained hundreds of times that we'd rather eat the (very low) costs on a few replacements than spend thousands going unnecessarily overboard on packaging. You only have to buy a box if you don't meet the requirements to ship in one by default.

I'll say it for the 1,000th time: I could ship your game tightly secured in a steel enclosure and the disc could go loose. How we pack it DOES NOT affect your odds of the disc going loose. The issue is a problem with the spindle inside the case.

I think it's just for your own peace of mind. They replace games damaged in shipping and I assume they'd do the same for trading cards.

It's like if you order a CE from Amazon and it keeps arriving busted up in a bubble mailer, thanks to the handling of your local delivery person. Amazon will keep replacing it as many times as they can, but it really would just be nice to have the option to make sure it's in a box for some things.

If you know your local delivery person is probably going to throw it like a Frisbee to your door and you don't want to deal with the replacement cycle, then yeah get a box. It's not going to be like that for everyone though.

I think it's for people like me that really seem to have bad luck with Amazon's packaging. The rarest thing I ordered they wouldn't be able to replace if it was damaged, and a refund wouldn't come close to the replacement cost from a reseller. It was also an Amazon exclusive, so I bought gift wrapping and on the To/From note I wrote "PLEASE SHIP ME IN A BOX". lol The item came pristine, and a lot of reseller listings had notable dents.

Don't you also get a box for free if you buy a couple of items with at least one being a PS4 game too or something?

bread's done
Back