Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
It has kind of surprised me how high the values have been for Switch LRG versions, given that they are made to order and the print runs are likely way higher than their other stuff. Shows you the popularity of Switch.
The Switch pre-orders are terrible for short-term flippers. Mainly because you can't pre-sell the item. A lot of short-term flippers get their orders in for these LRG releases, and then turn around and sell the games they don't yet have. So they are able to turn a profit before they ever see inventory. For a flipper, this is basically an ideal scenario.

All of the Switch releases have been pre-orders, which tosses this approach into a bin. No one is going to pay premium mark-up when the original store is still taking pre-orders at the original price. Once the pre-orders close, however, it basically reverts back to the original scenario where supply is very much fixed. Anyone who didn't get in on the original pre-order will have no choice but to pay a huge markup for second-hand. For the Switch, this can actually be a somewhat larger market. The Switch has a growing audience, and a lot of them are more casual gamers who are less likely to be familiar with LRG. So you can get more run-off of consumers who are discovering this for the first time, and looking to pick up a few releases they missed. That's where some of the Switch second-hand business is coming from.

Interesting... wonder why LRG is releasing it if the retail version ill be exactly the same?
The standard retail release is no longer happening as the developer's deal with Badland Games fell through. LRG is picking up the slack and releasing it themselves.

There's only one game I know Olengie wants it to be.

phantom-breaker-battle-grounds-limited-edition-343919.5.jpg

anime-smirk-gif-7.gif

They made it sound like a completely new previously unannounced game. At least that’s how I interpreted the email.
Yeah, that's what I thought as well. It's a game that got a lot of request early on, but no official announcement until now. So I'm not sure if it's a title they continued to say "we are trying for", or it could be one they said at some point wasn't happening. But the not happening titles haven't been that many, so more than likely it's a title they have been trying for that finally worked it's self out.

Either way, I'm just happy for another bigger name Vita title, as the end is in sight..........

Well whatever it is I'm glad it's going to be a pre-order.
Imagine if it was a 3k limited release announced minutes before everything went live ?!

Celeste is from 2018.  That's not happening anytime soon.  It has also been so well-received that it will probably get a standard run from a big budget publisher and end up being sold at retail. 

I figure the same for Hollow Knight.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was thinking Fez as well or maybe Grim Fandango or Resogun.

I'm hoping for Dragon Fantasy Book One Remaster they talked about so long ago.
Yeah, I thought us getting Resogun should have been a no brainer, so that will be sweet if true. I believe Grim Fandango is tied up in licensing with Lucas/Disney/Double Fine, but if that was the case, it would be awesome, as then hopefully other titles would follow.

I think Fez or Bastion seem the most likely, but Resogun would probably be my personal first choice.

I might as well throw my hat into the ring. My guess is either Bastion or Fez.
Fez is one I'd likely buy as I loved it soooo much, but I don't think it's coming. I do hope it gets ported to the Switch.

We haven't had word of any progress on the updated Dragon Fantasy 1 ... so I don't think that's it.

My guess is that it's something like Luftrausers or Titan Attacks or something else I've enjoyed but that I don't really care if I own physically. I'm keeping my expectations super low.

Fez is one I'd likely buy as I loved it soooo much, but I don't think it's coming. I do hope it gets ported to the Switch.

We haven't had word of any progress on the updated Dragon Fantasy 1 ... so I don't think that's it.

My guess is that it's something like Luftrausers or Titan Attacks or something else I've enjoyed but that I don't really care if I own physically. I'm keeping my expectations super low.
Neither of those sounds like something people have been asking LRG for since day-one, though.

Neither of those sounds like something people have been asking LRG for since day-one, though.
Yeah, there was pretty big disappointment from LRG in regards to the Night Trap NS reveal, so I understand keeping hopes in check, but I agree neither of these fit the bill. It would pretty much have to be some of the titles mentioned, or others of similar status.

Frankly this sounds horrible but I honestly don't care about the mystery game. I'm just looking forward to next weeks Vita offerings and then Senran Kagura game after it...and then likely kicking LRG like a bad habit. I will likely go for House in Fata Morgana before the Vita stuff ends, but i'm just cutting back on them a bit. I've been less excited for offerings and just noticing my own LRG collection, and I don't really want to own some of the ones I own and will try to get back my money for them, and will *oh my!* open the games I want to that I don't own digitally and play them. 

That's why I said something like those games. Not those specific games. As in, similar quality solid indie games but not so solid that the actual hype is actually worth getting hyped over. Like, I wouldn't get hyped over Luftrausers, though I loved playing it.

If it is something fantastic that is highly desired why wouldn't they shout it from the rooftops and advertise it like CRAZY? That's another reason to just keep expectations in check. It's an interesting marketing scheme to get people talking but a horrible way to advertise a truly great game versus simply announcing it.

That's why I said something like those games. Not those specific games. As in, similar quality solid indie games but not so solid that the actual hype is actually worth getting hyped over. Like, I wouldn't get hyped over Luftrausers, though I loved playing it.

If it is something fantastic that is highly desired why wouldn't they shout it from the rooftops and advertise it like CRAZY? That's another reason to just keep expectations in check. It's an interesting marketing scheme to get people talking but a horrible way to advertise a truly great game versus simply announcing it.
Well, I guess the "mystery" creates it's own level of hype, and since the game will have open pre-orders for probably 2 weeks, they will still have plenty of time for a proper PR push. But for some pre release hype, this mystery shit seems to get the job done, just look at all of us, and all the post in regards to speculation. You can't buy that type of stupidity, and we all have front row seats for the show. LOL

Well, I guess the "mystery" creates it's own level of hype, and since the game will have open pre-orders for probably 2 weeks, they will still have plenty of time for a proper PR push. But for some pre release hype, this mystery shit seems to get the job done, just look at all of us, and all the post in regards to speculation. You can't buy that type of stupidity, and we all have front row seats for the show. LOL
Preorders for the mystery game will be open for a month, just like Everspace.

Could be Bastion. As LRG stated the developer wanted to announce it through their newsletter

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1021948994048679936

https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1022154515926081536

We'll see

Bastion would be cool. Even at $25, it would be a horrible value given the age and relative digital price. It would still be really cool to have a physical copy of, though, as it's a great game and definitely in a different tier than your random, dime a dozen indie game. 

Bastion is a pretty decent quality game. I didn't find it specifically fun so I ended up deleting it after one play of a few hours. If that is what the game is, cool.

welp... dont need to check in every 6 months for salt and sanctuary anymore. later!
Yeah, that's been kind of my feelings with a lot of games that have had switch ports.

Could be Bastion. As LRG stated the developer wanted to announce it through their newsletter
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1021948994048679936
https://twitter.com/SupergiantGames/status/1022154515926081536

We'll see
It seems that tweet pretty much confirms it’s not Bastion, or any of their games for that matter. If they are to be the first to announce it and their newsletter isn’t out today then logically it can’t be them. LRG stated they will make the announcement tomorrow. Too bad as I would buy a physical of any Supergiant games. Played Bastion all the way through and almost 100%ed it on 360 way back in the day. Totally worth a rebuy and replay for trophies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I want the whole Supergiant collection on separate PS4 discs.  I think that Art direction and sound design are two of the most vital aspects of important pantheon video games. 

It seems that tweet pretty much confirms it’s not Bastion, or any of their games for that matter. If they are to be the first to announce it and their newsletter isn’t out today then logically it can’t be them. LRG stated they will make the announcement tomorrow. Too bad as I would buy a physical of any Supergiant games. Played Bastion all the way through and almost 100%ed it on 360 way back in the day. Totally worth a rebuy and replay for trophies.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I am a member of the Supergiant mailing list and the first newsletter was emailed on June 26th.
So the next edition could hit tomorrow, a month later with this announcement.

Prepared for disappointment!
I'm overly optimistic myself, but not counting out "disappointment", as the last few times we had these "mystery" releases, I was left wanting. Based on the law of averages, I'm hoping this one finally delivers something worthy of these gimmicks. LOL

Thinking I’m going to wait and order them with Rabi-Rabi and Phantom Breaker to cheap out on shipping. Still going to run at least $150, but them’s the breaks when LRG smashes multiple must haves in one week.

bread's done
Back