Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
I'm still waiting on CSH CE and SMRPG CE to ship. 

Rabi Rabi can be bought on ebay for $20 or less. Unless you have some OCD need to buy from LRG. There is one piece of DLC, but not sure if UK version has it on disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Finally got my copy of Observer in today. Was happy I got the Lazarski front cover rather than the monster but was then disappointed to realize the back cover is completely black with no text or pictures beyond what Sony itself puts on there. Given that the game bleeds atmosphere with its retrofuturism cyberpunk style it would've been to see some of it on the back of the case.

I’m usually very patient with LRGs timelines for games but seriously still waiting for Cosmic Star to ship and they’ve been sending them out since last week. It’s one of their more delayed projects, I would have thought it would be a priority to get it out once in hand.

Production page updated today.

"Golf Story (Switch) - Due to our team shipping out so many games at once from previous runs, the shipment date for Golf Story has been delayed into early-mid November."

Pretty much what I was fearing would happen. Considering the massive list of games listed as shipping in progress... it'll probably be pushed to late November before shipping notices get sent and early December before it ships if that since Thanksgiving will delay things and of course there's the natural delays of the season. I wish LRG had followed the age old business practice of under promise and over deliver instead of this. I know eventually I'll get my shit but I was hoping when I ordered I'd have it by now and be able to play it before other releases eat up my attention.

Has anything been mentioned about Icey since they first announced it? It feels like its been at least a year since then. I just hope it's still on the radar for release at some point.

Production page updated today.

"Golf Story (Switch) - Due to our team shipping out so many games at once from previous runs, the shipment date for Golf Story has been delayed into early-mid November."

Pretty much what I was fearing would happen. Considering the massive list of games listed as shipping in progress... it'll probably be pushed to late November before shipping notices get sent and early December before it ships if that since Thanksgiving will delay things and of course there's the natural delays of the season. I wish LRG had followed the age old business practice of under promise and over deliver instead of this. I know eventually I'll get my shit but I was hoping when I ordered I'd have it by now and be able to play it before other releases eat up my attention.
Honestly, their huge shipping backlog should be reason enough to lower the amount of releases over the next few months so that they can catch up, yet they are still releasing 3 to 4 new items each week. They clearly do not have the support staff to send out all those orders in a reasonable time.

I was under the impression early orders of Golf Story would ship out right away (early October) but now it looks like 1.5 to 2 months after order.

Finally got a shipping notice for my CSH CE and Saturday Morning RPG CE.  Two of the releases I have been looking forward to the most are finally on the cusp of arriving.

To the top on sale now
As of now it says only 6 To the Tops left. Did LRG just announce it in the email sent at 10:30PM EST the night before it went on sale less than 12 hours later at 10:00AM on a Wednesday?

I'm glad it didn't sell out. I work at 10am and 6pm on Wednesdays. If I didn't I wouldn't be able to afford LRG games. It really helps when there's some warning though so I can schedule being at a computer uninterrupted at work. I really don't appreciate just getting an email less than 12 hours before. I was already asleep when the email went out and was lucky it didn't sell out at 6pm. I'm such a crazy completionist if I miss one PSVR release I will give up buying their PSVR games.

I hope I'm wrong. Maybe they announced it earlier and I'm griping about nothing.

As of now it says only 6 To the Tops left. Did LRG just announce it in the email sent at 10:30PM EST the night before it went on sale less than 12 hours later at 10:00AM on a Wednesday?

I'm glad it didn't sell out. I work at 10am and 6pm on Wednesdays. If I didn't I wouldn't be able to afford LRG games. It really helps when there's some warning though so I can schedule being at a computer uninterrupted at work. I really don't appreciate just getting an email less than 12 hours before. I was already asleep when the email went out and was lucky it didn't sell out at 6pm. I'm such a crazy completionist if I miss one PSVR release I will give up buying their PSVR games.

I hope I'm wrong. Maybe they announced it earlier and I'm griping about nothing.
I think they announced it last week, but it was like a small blurb on their Twitter. They didn't actually put a listing up on their site until late last night or early this morning.

Honestly, their huge shipping backlog should be reason enough to lower the amount of releases over the next few months so that they can catch up, yet they are still releasing 3 to 4 new items each week. They clearly do not have the support staff to send out all those orders in a reasonable time.

I was under the impression early orders of Golf Story would ship out right away (early October) but now it looks like 1.5 to 2 months after order.
It’s really getting bizarre how they won’t hire enough employees, at least temporary employees, to help with shipping. It’s now literally hurting their bottom line as I held off on ordering some recent games due to the long delays. I know there has to be a lot of other customers with the same mindset.

they 1st announced it back on 10/26 on their twitter page

It’s really getting bizarre how they won’t hire enough employees, at least temporary employees, to help with shipping. It’s now literally hurting their bottom line as I held off on ordering some recent games due to the long delays. I know there has to be a lot of other customers with the same mindset.
Have you tried to hire quality employees in the current market? It's super tough, even if you pay good wages. Not only that, trying to train people in a job that requires a degree of accuracy and care is not super easy when you have a backlog of work to be done. In any event, LRG mentioned that they have four full timers and four temps right now on shipping.

Have you tried to hire quality employees in the current market? It's super tough, even if you pay good wages. Not only that, trying to train people in a job that requires a degree of accuracy and care is not super easy when you have a backlog of work to be done. In any event, LRG mentioned that they have four full timers and four temps right now on shipping.
Yeah, this 100%^

I used to run a shipping warehouse and getting quality help was like the riddle of the Sphinx. LOL Management would throw bodies at the situation, more pay, hell, we even hired friends of one of the buyers, and still, shit staff again and again. Good help is hard to find, is a thing for a reason, as it's beyond true. For LRG to just throw bodies at their current situation, that would not end well, unless by some miracle they hire some A+ staff, and that's next to impossible.

Not sure, but I remember early on they had a shipping company that screwed up a bunch of orders and they ended up having to go to a different company.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure this was what he was thinking of, as it's the only shipping issue I've known LRG to have had, outside of their current slow service of course. LOL

That place was a prime example of how good help is hard to find, as it was a fulfillment warehouse, that's what they do, and they where complete shit at it. It boggles my mind how so many places take money for a service, and provide peanuts(if lucky), in return.

I'm rather surprised that Rabi Ribi isn't getting a CE.
It is getting a separate bundle package if you want the contents of the PC version CE that was released a couple of years ago. I believe they said there will be 500 units of the bundle and the bundle itself is $40 not including the game which is another $30.

It is getting a separate bundle package if you want the contents of the PC version CE that was released a couple of years ago. I believe they said there will be 500 units of the bundle and the bundle itself is $40 not including the game which is another $30.
Wow that’s really interesting. Thanks for the info.

Oh heads up, I was over on the LRG Forums and stumbled across a post that said the greatest PS4 game ever released by LRG is being pushed to December.  There's some deal with the company and some special way that it's getting advertised.  I also read that it's going to be a last minute style reveal but that we should at least know to expect the big reveal with some advance (just no clues as to what it is because of the NDA involved).

Oh heads up, I was over on the LRG Forums and stumbled across a post that said the greatest PS4 game ever released by LRG is being pushed to December. There's some deal with the company and some special way that it's getting advertised. I also read that it's going to be a last minute style reveal but that we should at least know to expect the big reveal with some advance (just no clues as to what it is because of the NDA involved).
It better be the great PS4 game ever released by LRG.

They have started using a new white box for their CE. This box is a much thinner lighter weight cardboard. My Night Trap for Switch arrived today in a box that was crushed to hell. This is my first time receiving a badly crushed package from usps.

Somehow, miraculously, the game itself was not damaged or bent.

It looks like Battle Chef Brigade (Switch version only) will be the next LRG game carried at Best Buy.  Sounds like BB will only be selling 5000 copies of it so they may go fast if you want to wait for BB to put it up for sale.

I will say the Battle Chef Brigade CE looks pretty awesome with the steelbook and apron, among other things.  I'll be going for that tomorrow along with just about everything else.

Just noticed it's the same price for both switch and ps4 versions of Battle Chef Brigade.  Is this a new thing?

I never really paid attention to the prices before because I always assumed they were different

Also, yay for Rabi-Ribi coming with soundtrack CDs with each game.

Just noticed it's the same price for both switch and ps4 versions of Battle Chef Brigade. Is this a new thing?

I never really paid attention to the prices before because I always assumed they were different

Also, yay for Rabi-Ribi coming with soundtrack CDs with each game.
They said on Twitter that the Switch version was $15 over digital to justify Switch cart production cost, then they were asked about the PS4 version being more and didn't respond. There wasn't a big backlash or anything, so I think it might be a standard practice moving forward.

bread's done
Back