Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have Saturday Morning RPG and Curses 'N Chaos both brand new and sealed for the Vita that I'm looking to sell, but I had a question first. Both of these have hole punches in the bar code. I'm 99% sure they were from someone who worked for PlayStation that used to sell them to a store nearby my house and was wondering as collector's how much would the hole punches drop the value you for you if any at all.
I personally wouldn't buy them at all, but some people don't care. If you drop the going price by 20% you should get offers.

Just don't try to sell them without disclosing that the UPCs are hole-punched; any buyer protection would side with the buyer in that case.

I personally wouldn't buy them at all, but some people don't care. If you drop the going price by 20% you should get offers.

Just don't try to sell them without disclosing that the UPCs are hole-punched; any buyer protection would side with the buyer in that case.
No doubt. Anytime I receive an offer I make sure to say that. Good looking out though, fellow CAG.

I saw that, too. I've felt that a few developers haven't been trying hard with their artwork, especially how many have a folded insert that is pretty much blank. It really makes me wish LRG was either 1) pushing developers to do complete and proper artwork (especially considering the increased cost), or 2) show us upfront what rear and insert artwork looks like before we purchased.

But considering how quickly every game sells out, they have zero motivation to change anything.
I did see that it's not really "blank" like I thought - there is some kind of art/design on there, it is just very hard to make out. I am guessing maybe it's meant to be some kind of continuation of the front artwork.

Finally got my last 2018 order from LRG (Battle Chef CE + Rabi Ribi). Every now and then they really seem to step up their shipping game, but then they go back to multiple weekly releases and get buried again.

Was super excited to receive Koihime Erbu. Really happy LRG secured this release!

Come on LRG - go get Full Throttle for PS4 :)

I'm in the camp that wouldn't care about a hole punch, but also the camp that ain't paying above retail for any release so... Maybe there's an answer in there.

I finally got a switch so now I can look at LRG switch games when they come out. So far all I want is golf story which I got one off ebay for a decent price and danmaku. Sadly I want danmaku also as I am a huge schmup fan but I cant ever afford 70 bucks, Id kill for that one but my budget is limited to like 40 bucks for a game.

I bought Abe's Oddysee for Vita off of Ebay and received a hole-punched copy. I didn't know what it was at the time and didn't complain or return it. So... if you're a crappy person, you can find a sucker. But don't be that crappy person, please.

I bought Abe's Oddysee for Vita off of Ebay and received a hole-punched copy. I didn't know what it was at the time and didn't complain or return it. So... if you're a crappy person, you can find a sucker. But don't be that crappy person, please.
Shouldn't copies like that not even be getting out for resell, I seem to recall someone over at lrg mentioning something about it at some point

I finally got a switch so now I can look at LRG switch games when they come out. So far all I want is golf story which I got one off ebay for a decent price and danmaku. Sadly I want danmaku also as I am a huge schmup fan but I cant ever afford 70 bucks, Id kill for that one but my budget is limited to like 40 bucks for a game.
Keep in mind that Best Buy has a few switch LRG games (Golf Story being one) so you can avoid the 'bay (Unless its cheaper there or you like the LRG artwork more!) I actually like getting them at Best Buy personally because I still have GCU

Yeah, those are supposed to be for Sony only, they aren't supposed to be selling them.
There used to be a Sony call center in my town. When Sony closed it down a couple of years ago, all the games for employees to "check out" were just handed out to them in a free for all. It wasn't long before every pawn shop and gamestop in town were flooded with those copies. I wouldn't doubt many hit ebay, too. Perhaps something similar happened?

Keep in mind that Best Buy has a few switch LRG games (Golf Story being one) so you can avoid the 'bay (Unless its cheaper there or you like the LRG artwork more!) I actually like getting them at Best Buy personally because I still have GCU
Ah I didnt know that, thanks. Sadly looks like bestbuy never got danmaku though.

Ah I didnt know that, thanks. Sadly looks like bestbuy never got danmaku though.
In case you were wanting to know these are all the games Best Buy has gotten from Limited Run Games. All are still available too.

Battle Chef Brigade Deluxe $34.99
Golf Story $29.99
Yooka-Laylee $49.99
Windjammers $29.99
Super Meat Boy $29.99

Celeste, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, and Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove will also be available from Best Buy at a later date.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case you were wanting to know these are all the games Best Buy has gotten from Limited Run Games. All are still available too.

Golf Story $29.99
Yooka-Laylee $49.99
Windjammers $29.99
Super Meat Boy $29.99

Celeste and Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon will also be available from Best Buy at a later date.
I believe Toejam and Earl will also be carried by Best Buy when it eventually releases.

Golf Story $29.99
Yooka-Laylee $49.99
Windjammers $29.99
Super Meat Boy $29.99

Celeste, Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon, and Toejam and Earl: Back in the Groove will also be available from Best Buy at a later date.
Last month my BB had 40 copies of Yooka-Laylee. Today, I found three. I doubt they sold that many, but I haven't seen the price drop. Is BB sending to other stores, tossing them, or is YL actually selling at $50?

Last month my BB had 40 copies of Yooka-Laylee. Today, I found three. I doubt they sold that many, but I haven't seen the price drop. Is BB sending to other stores, tossing them, or is YL actually selling at $50?
They are either backstocking to remove the optics of a TONS OF GAMES NOT SELLING, or they are being fulfilled with online orders. From my understanding Best Buy -like Target- often have retail store employees fulfilling online orders, rather than say a "distribution center". While there is still the need for some sort of warehouse or distribution center, having the stores fulfill orders is a fantastic logistics idea.

The Nintendo area in stores was expanded in the past month so they likely put them in the back to display other games.

And yes, if you buy a game from Best Buy that is more than a few months old then there is a pretty high chance a store is shipping you their stock.

They are either backstocking to remove the optics of a TONS OF GAMES NOT SELLING, or they are being fulfilled with online orders. From my understanding Best Buy -like Target- often have retail store employees fulfilling online orders, rather than say a "distribution center". While there is still the need for some sort of warehouse or distribution center, having the stores fulfill orders is a fantastic logistics idea.
That is for sure, my last Target order... all the games had gouges from the security cases on the back. I don't usually buy from Target, but when they had that buy 2 get 1 free sale I could not resist. So I ordered online thinking I would not get games with gouges from security cases.

Well played Target. Well played.

I'm new to LRG. 

I just want VA11-HALL-A. I probably want the limited edition. 

How do I know when this will go on sale? What do I do to track it?

yes the vita version was sold many months ago and is sold out. Your only choice is eBay or other 3rd party seller.

However, Va11 is having a ps4 and switch port coming out soon. I would follow LRG on social media, Twitter Instagram ect, or go to their website and sign up for their email list for news.

Got my Mystery Vita game from the Rewards program today and it was Rabi-Ribi.  Not bad, though its going to the trade/sell pile for now as I already own a copy.

yes the vita version was sold many months ago and is sold out. Your only choice is eBay or other 3rd party seller.

However, Va11 is having a ps4 and switch port coming out soon. I would follow LRG on social media, Twitter Instagram ect, or go to their website and sign up for their email list for news.
Thanks for this info. Did not know that a Switch version was coming.

Odd description of the production run for Alone With You Vita... apparently 2000 copies, but the 400 "classic edition" are included in the total run size.

Standalone is 2 per person, classic edition is 1 per person... so anyone can order 3 copies?! Weird!

Got my LE of Nurse. Will be nice next to previous game. These are lasting a bit longer (the LE and standard) because of the price, but still going relatively quickly. Other game is already sold out for Vita.

Got the boxed vita case and only 400 made

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Crazy, went through checkout, hit the shopify queue, got through it, got an error message page, tried to checkout a second time, got a page not found error, tried a third time, got a page not found again, tried a fourth time, made it to checkout, and placed order for Alone with You Vita classic edition before it sold out. Harrowing but successful.

First item I've ever missed and I'm pissed about it. I hope I can get a Vita longbox version during batch 2
There is no "vita" longbox. It's just the vita standard game with a separate longbox with a manual and soundtrack inside. All of the longboxes whether you buy them with the PS4, vita or bundle are exactly the same.

Got standards of both Vita games. Wild how quick everything's selling out. 1 minute for Alone with You's LE, 2 minutes for Alone with You's standard edition, 3 minutes for NLS's standard edition. NLS LE is still in stock, I'm guessing the price is a bit intimidating. Personally, I just have no room for or interest in most LEs.

There is no "vita" longbox. It's just the vita standard game with a separate longbox with a manual and soundtrack inside. All of the longboxes whether you buy them with the PS4, vita or bundle are exactly the same.
I know but I would prefer the Vita version over PS4. I'm thinking I'll try for PS4 instead later on as it lasted slightly longer. Should be fine when I'm on PC instead of mobile

I've never even heard of Alone with You before. Why the hype? Are people freaking out because (1) it's vita, (2) it's in a long box jewel case, or (3) it's a good game?

bread's done
Back