Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
TBH, I'd be happy with an update on when the Shantae game I preordered 3 and a half months ago is coming rather than being told I can preorder MORE Shantae stuff.
In the proudest Limited Run tradition, where you have to look for replies from Josh or Doug’s personal accounts to find out what’s going on, Josh tweeted this the other day:

Seven Sirens should start shipping within the next four weeks or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://twitter.com/LimitedRunGames/status/1304142202650664960

Ubi might just do it themselves considering how much they had to go through to get it back on the digital shelves.

Anyone know if this Shantae Ultimate Edition reprint on LRG is some kind of... LRG exclusive? Or will other retailers get it? 

https://limitedrungames.com/collections/neo-frontpage/products/shantae-half-genie-hero-switch

I've seen them distribute new release games or their variants of games, but given it's open pre-order, it's like they're doing the reprint. I'm happy they are, I wanted a copy of the game on Switch but I'd rather not pay for something months in advance... 

EDIT* $45 for that Shantae GBC re-release is... kinda ridiculous. 

It has to have a physical release for me to buy it again. I do have the digital ps3 version at least.
Yeah, same for me, as I would buy it on cart for the extra added stuff, but no plans to buy it digital since I still have my PS3 game as well. But I guess I would buy it again digital if and when it ever gets a good sale, but that's way down the road for now. And I still need to get a Lite before digital is an option either way, so no rush I guess.

EDIT: The physical would also need to be offered some place else other than LRG, as they are on my "no shop list", but I'm happy to shop other "limited" options.

LRG just sent me a steam key for Tiny Metal "to help make up for the delay." So check your e-mail if you have this on preorder.

That said, would have much preferred an eshop code. A steam key feels very low rent since I know it's the cheap option. And I could be wrong but I'd assume most people buying boutique switch physical releases are not digital PC people. Ended up just sending it to a friend.

Scott Pilgrim vs The World Complete Edition was announced in todays Ubisoft Forward presentation. The game is scheduled to be released this holiday. No word if the game is only digital or if there will be a physical edition. Lets hope LRG announces a physical edition soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUU_wRjdi2I&feature=emb_logo
Bryan Lee O'Malley (the guy who made Scott Pilgrim) mentioned that he's been working with IAm8Bit, if it doesn't get the full Ubisoft retail treatment that's my guess: https://twitter.com/bryanleeomalley/status/1293299214445731842

Bryan Lee O'Malley (the guy who made Scott Pilgrim) mentioned that he's been working with IAm8Bit, if it doesn't get the full Ubisoft retail treatment that's my guess:
Well that's good news, at least for me, as I know many don't like IAm8Bit, but I've never had any issues with them, so I would have no issues supporting them in the future. Sadly if it's falling on Ubisoft to make the call on physical, we're all probably SOL, so wondering who may offer it is a non issue either way. But it was looking like this game was never going to see the light if day again, so strangers things have happened, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.

I'd be fine with iam8bit for a Scott Pilgrim release... but I'd be happier with a standard retail release just so it can be timed out to be available to possibly buy the same day as the digital version rather than have many months of waiting.  By the sounds of it though, no physical is currently known yet.

I'd be fine with iam8bit for a Scott Pilgrim release... but I'd be happier with a standard retail release just so it can be timed out to be available to possibly buy the same day as the digital version rather than have many months of waiting. By the sounds of it though, no physical is currently known yet.
I think we're hitting the tipping point where regular retail releases are likely going to unlikely for anything other than the Maddens and Marios of the world.

I think we're hitting the tipping point where regular retail releases are likely going to unlikely for anything other than the Maddens and Marios of the world.
I don't think we are quite that far gone yet. A lot of smaller indie games with not near the cult following or hype are still getting retail versions... so I think it's possible. Worst case at least a limited print version should happen. Whomever has it, I'll likely cave and buy it.

Does LRG charge right away or when they ship?
They charge right away at the time of purchase/preorder. They don't allow cancellations and stuff and waiting would allow people to change banking info and cause a lot of issues.

Anyone know if the Shantae clear vinyl variant will go back up at 5 PM? I didn't realize that wasn't open pre-order and that it wasn't part of the bundle... too much stuff up today. 

EDIT* nevermind, seeing it as coming soon now.... but no time listed. 

Put in my orders for some nice Shantae standard editions this morning. Very good, very good. The GBC version may have LRG marketing plastered all over it, but it is still way better than trying to get my hands on an original cartridge. (I think the average asking price is somewhere north of $400) As much of a collector as I am, I can't justify paying console hardware prices for a single game. $45 for a decent developer-sanctioned repro is much more palatable.

Speaking of which, I noticed the upcoming genesis carts from retro-bit that are going to be offered on LRG next. I looked this up over on the Retro-Bit site, and it seems that several of the smaller physical publishers are going to be offering these. (so if you happen to be down on LRG, then there will be other options) It seems they're handling these similar to how they handled the MetalStorm release.

One of the most notable of these titles is a physical copy of Zero Wing, which was popular in Europe, but never came to the U.S. save for import copies. The prices on them are also fairly reasonable, especially for full physical Genesis cartridges with plastic cases. As a fan of classic shmups, and a proud owner of an Analogue Mega SG, I'll be showing up for these.

TBH, I'd be happy with an update on when the Shantae game I preordered 3 and a half months ago is coming rather than being told I can preorder MORE Shantae stuff.
They won’t have the funds to produce Shantae until they’ve sold enough preorders for whatever is next in their pipeline.

They won’t have the funds to produce Shantae until they’ve sold enough preorders for whatever is next in their pipeline.
Unless you were joking, I do not think this is accurate. They have already collected the funds months ago with the preorder. With LRG, the payment is made at the time the order is placed not when the item ship unlike all the other retailer.

Unless you were joking, I do not think this is accurate. They have already collected the funds months ago with the preorder. With LRG, the payment is made at the time the order is placed not when the item ship unlike all the other retailer.
Half sarcasm. While I don’t think they are really doing some kind of investment payoff scam, it does feel like they constantly move on to their next project with the work half finished.

Half sarcasm. While I don’t think they are really doing some kind of investment payoff scam, it does feel like they constantly move on to their next project with the work half finished.
It does feel like it sometimes. It wouldn't be an issue if they collect the funds when they actually ship the game.

It does feel like it sometimes. It wouldn't be an issue if they collect the funds when they actually ship the game.
This is why I always try to buy my LRG games using PayPal 6 months 0% financing... when they come due, I ask myself WTF was this for? And of course, 9 out of 10 times, it was some LRG order.

Limited Run is really starting to lose goodwill this year. The mantra always used to be, "you'll get your game eventually." Now it seems to be shifting to, "this is unacceptable, they need to start shipping stuff now." Virus delays or not, I agree it's really poor form to be so clogged up and still take thousands of new orders every week. They've also done next to nothing to communicate with or thank their customers for remaining loyal. But if people keep buying.....

Yeah, I felt like limited run used to be a champion of us little guys, now they're just like "let's blast out emails about stuff coming out" and then it hits retail before LRG has it, lol ( SoR 4 )

I don't mind waiting for a physical in some cases but this is getting absolutely ridiculous. There needs to be some sort of better communication pipeline than having to dig through tweets to find out actual information about what is going on. Obviously they can crank out titles every week but then theyr'e 6mo+ to ship. LRG has turned into total garbage recently. They're the only people who do what they do, so all we can hope for is another company to get on their shit and kick LRG some competition so we don't get screwed.

Yeah, I felt like limited run used to be a champion of us little guys, now they're just like "let's blast out emails about stuff coming out" and then it hits retail before LRG has it, lol ( SoR 4 )

I don't mind waiting for a physical in some cases but this is getting absolutely ridiculous. There needs to be some sort of better communication pipeline than having to dig through tweets to find out actual information about what is going on. Obviously they can crank out titles every week but then theyr'e 6mo+ to ship. LRG has turned into total garbage recently. They're the only people who do what they do, so all we can hope for is another company to get on their shit and kick LRG some competition so we don't get screwed.
Several of the limited game companies have similar issues. A good chunk of the delay is because of open preorders and Covid certainly hasn't helped things. Have you ever ordered from Dispatch Games or Strictly Limited or even Iam8Bit for that matter? Their waits are as bad or worse and they don't release even a fraction of the product that LRG does. It's not the easiest business to be in and I haven't been very impressed with many of their competitors.

I've only bought 2 things from them this year but here's just a sampling of shipping times well before Covid. I'd say early 2018 is when everything started getting out of hand with shipping and 50 games a month. 

These are the fulfilled dates not counting when they were actually delivered. 

Jak 1, 6 months

Jak 2, 8 months

Jak 3, 4 months

Strangers Wrath PS3 CE, 4 months

Cosmic Star Heroine CE 7 months

COVID is a convenient excuse and I'm absolutely certain it has legitimately impacted their production/shipping capabilities, but it's been bad for a while and only gotten worse. I used to post monthly updates in this thread about shipping delays (before they changed the production updates page and made it less user friendly). Here's an example from a year ago, pre-COVID, when they had almost 100 separate SKUS pending shipment (for reference, they currently have ~140).

Sure the other companies are bad too, but those companies also aren't shoveling out multiple titles every week. Whataboutism aside, the abhorrent shipping backlog and lack of communication would probably be dealbreakers in any other industry but LRG has made a small empire capitalizing on FOMO. Their stuff still sells so there's no reason they would stop or adjust, but it just feels slimy to me and it's definitely impacted the number of purchases I've made from them.

Has anyone had a LRG package stuck in Package Acceptance Pending status? My Jak X CE has been in that status since August 11. The tracking shows that the package is at the post office the next city over from my town. I've been hoping it would finally get delivered, but now a month has passed and it hasn't moved.

Has anyone had a LRG package stuck in Package Acceptance Pending status? My Jak X CE has been in that status since August 11. The tracking shows that the package is at the post office the next city over from my town. I've been hoping it would finally get delivered, but now a month has passed and it hasn't moved.
I have had a package pending pickup for 2 months.

I'm a total newbie to LRG and purchased my first item from them in July, the Ys Origin collector's edition. I'm prepared to wait a while for it, but is there a chance the wait won't be as bad as other releases, since it isn't a numbered LRG release and they're only distributing it? It officially launches digitally on Switch on October 1st, so I was hoping to get it by the end of the year. All this heated talk of their insane shipping times has got me wondering.

CE's always take longer because something in the CE seems to hold up shipping.  With overall shipping times taking longer and most stuff being made overseas, I wouldn't expect any delivery beating their estimates.  Especially for CE's.  Y's Origin CE has an extra step to go through as it's a distribution title so the people that are putting together the CE have to get them all ready and then ship them to LRG who has to then ship them to customers.  So an extra shipping step and some mystery about the original publisher and how quick all the CE contents will come together.

It's plausible it could be shipped before the end of the year.... but never count on anything before whatever they are saying on the page for the game.

I look forward to the individual releases of 'Doom,' 'Doom II' and 'Doom 3' on Switch in the near future...
And just think about how awesome it would be to have all four of these on one cart. God dammit.

More LRG cash grab IMHO for the Doom release. I prefer those games on PC anyway since I can mod them and bought Doom 64 cheap recently. I am highly debating the Shantae Switch releases though. Games are short enough but pretty fun. Also retain value well and usually spike up.

Isn't Doom 64 like $5 normally?  They could have easily fit Doom 64, 1, 2 and 3 on a single cart for like $39.99 and still made plenty of profit.

If they end up releasing each of these individually, I'm fucking done with them.

Isn't Doom 64 like $5 normally? They could have easily fit Doom 64, 1, 2 and 3 on a single cart for like $39.99 and still made plenty of profit.

If they end up releasing each of these individually, I'm fucking done with them.
We all know that they'll be individual releases, with the justification being that you have to submit a new build for ESRB approval whenever you bundle multiple games onto a single cart.

Atooi Collection 3DS was already on hand right? I purchased it near the end of it's available stock but just realized, my copy never shipped. 

Atooi Collection 3DS was already on hand right? I purchased it near the end of it's available stock but just realized, my copy never shipped.
I got mine in about a week and a half. If you didn't buy anything else with it it's probably time to contact their customer service.

bread's done
Back