Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
Also, this is fun: Limited Run Opening First Physical Store. I wonder how this is going to work. Do you walk in for a newly announced game, place your order, and then have to come back in eight months to pick it up? That's sarcasm, but really, what are they stocking shelves with? Merch?
They always hold back 10% of what they sell for order issues, quality issues, and selling conventions. There haven't really been any big conventions the past 2 years so they have lots of overstock.

Plus the article says 75% games, 25% merch. So lots of dumb shirts and pogs.

Also, this is fun: Limited Run Opening First Physical Store. I wonder how this is going to work. Do you walk in for a newly announced game, place your order, and then have to come back in eight months to pick it up? That's sarcasm, but really, what are they stocking shelves with? Merch?
Trading Cards, Merch and games

https://twitter.com/LimitedRunJosh/status/1487899189304569856?cxt=HHwWgMC5gb6biqYpAAAA

Wait, what? There was a collectors edition that only had all the characters unlocked? I didn't know that. Also, what the fuck is that?

SERIOUSLY LRG, WHAT'S THE POINT IN FOREVER PHYSICAL?!

I have two orders left. Just two. I can't wait to be done with this company.

Well, outside the inevitable physical release of the as of yet announced NGPC Vol. 2 because SNK can't choose another company to physically publish their games over here!
Pix n Love also sold a version of NGPC Vol. 1, so there's a change they'll carry Vol. 2 as well. Depends how much you want to avoid LRG.

https://www.pixnlove.com/recherche?controller=search&orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=neogeo+pocket&submit_search=

Last edited by a moderator:
SERIOUSLY LRG, WHAT'S THE POINT IN FOREVER PHYSICAL?!

I have two orders left. Just two. I can't wait to be done with this company.
Once I was out it made it a lot easier to re-evaluate potential purchases and realize the vast majority of the time it's not worth buying from them. It would take LRG getting something in a major franchise I follow (Xenoblade/saga, Zelda, Dragon Quest, Yakuza, Layton, Legend of Heroes... etc) or by a dev I'm a big fan of their work (Level-5, H.A.N.D., etc) to even have me considering a purchase and even then I'd likely wait and see if Play-Asia & Videogamesplus would get an asia (or japan) engish version. I'm getting really good at talking myself out of everything LRG serves up.... especially since you never know if it's going to be complete.

Yup I saw those, and considered them before LRG's version, but honestly the LRG collectors edition is just way better, and what I look for in the tier above standard editions (steelbook, artbook). Plus, they mimicked the NGPC US box for the outer box. If I wasn't a huge NGPC fan from day one, I probably would've gone with the Asia release. That's why it's going to annoy me whenever Vol. 2 comes around. But we've got a couple years probably, and my temper will have cooled enough to ok with one more order.

Does anyone happen to have a sealed copy of Obra Dinn for the Switch? (With the little card)

I've been really wanting to play that and add it to the collection, but Ebay prices are kind of a drag, especially with the added sales tax now.

Does anyone happen to have a sealed copy of Obra Dinn for the Switch? (With the little card)

I've been really wanting to play that and add it to the collection, but Ebay prices are kind of a drag, especially with the added sales tax now.
You need it sealed even if your going to play it? If that doesn’t work out I think I have an open copy.

LRG is looking to move standard editions of distro titles to Amazon. This is a pretty good idea. If you have Prime you'll get free shipping and get it faster. Plus it frees up the shipping team to work on shipping other stuff.

This just furthers my questioning about what the value proposition for their distribution line is. If they're no longer fulfilling orders or leveraging their storefront's traffic, what are they really providing at that point? Placing an order with Sony/Nintendo's backend and passing through the assets for manuals/boxart? Maybe a few tweets? At that point why not just do it yourself and save the middleman tax?

I'd rather they just focus on improving the turnarounds and quality for their core offering and get rid of the "distribution line" entirely, but if they insist on having their hands in everything at least this frees up some bandwidth at their warehouse I guess. Amazon's undoubtedly a better customer experience but it has its own problems that I'm sure everyone's heard about ad nauseum elsewhere by this point.

LRG is looking to move standard editions of distro titles to Amazon. This is a pretty good idea. If you have Prime you'll get free shipping and get it faster. Plus it frees up the shipping team to work on shipping other stuff.
Prime is $140 a year now. That's not free by any stretch of the imagination, bud.

Prime is $140 a year now. That's not free by any stretch of the imagination, bud.
Isn't Amazon's threshold for non-Prime free shipping on items they fulfill $25? The games LRG has listed so far are fulfilled by Amazon (i.e. Martha is Dead) and LRG's price floor is $25, so assuming that trend continues everything they sell will qualify with or without Prime. Granted it's not the "two day" shipping, but even with Prime it's pretty hit-or-miss what actually gets delivered that quickly.

Last edited by a moderator:
There are tradeoffs with using Amazon of course.  Sure the shipping will be free if you have Prime or are over the free shipping threshold, and they won't charge you until they ship (no more paying in advance).  But they ship almost everything in bubble mailers, so you will definitely have some damaged items and/or floaters.  All that said, I think its a good move to go with Amazon as a consumer since it saves me $6 to $10 shipping per order, and that shit adds up over time.

There are tradeoffs with using Amazon of course. Sure the shipping will be free if you have Prime or are over the free shipping threshold, and they won't charge you until they ship (no more paying in advance). But they ship almost everything in bubble mailers, so you will definitely have some damaged items and/or floaters. All that said, I think its a good move to go with Amazon as a consumer since it saves me $6 to $10 shipping per order, and that shit adds up over time.
and dont forget. easy and free returns too.

There are tradeoffs with using Amazon of course. Sure the shipping will be free if you have Prime or are over the free shipping threshold, and they won't charge you until they ship (no more paying in advance). But they ship almost everything in bubble mailers, so you will definitely have some damaged items and/or floaters. All that said, I think its a good move to go with Amazon as a consumer since it saves me $6 to $10 shipping per order, and that shit adds up over time.
I order single standard edition games nearly every purchase… so direct from LRG it’s always coming in a bubble mailer, and not some nice bubble mailer with big bubbles but those weakass ones with tiny bubbles that offer little protection. So not a negative for Amazon. My negative with them would be if there’s an EU release and Amazon opts to lump all the stock for a game into the same bin and instead of the ESRB version I get the PEGI one. That’s stopped me from ordering games from them except in the most extreme situations.

My negative with them would be if there’s an EU release and Amazon opts to lump all the stock for a game into the same bin and instead of the ESRB version I get the PEGI one. That’s stopped me from ordering games from them except in the most extreme situations.
Amazon does the same with English-Asia releases and PEGI. I thought I was ordering the Asian release of 'Final Fantasy VII and VIII' and got the PEGI release despite the listing. Not the biggest deal, but if I can avoid the line green ratings logo, I'm going to avoid it. Same with Vita games.

Overall, the switch to Amazon for distributed games is welcome from my viewpoint. I understand LRG wanting to expand their business, but clearly it's yet another distraction for them. I've only ever bought one or two distributed games from LRG as part of other orders, but I have Prime and usually have credit in my Amazon account, so might as well save more money if I can.

I really actually like this idea. I've bought a few of the recent distro tiles Going Under and Neon Abyss for Switch and I like to get amazon rewards and benefit of not paying up front for these since I still haven't received either of them yet.

Plus they sent out a newsletter I think in April 2021 saying it was the last week to order Going Under. I ordered it by itself because I couldn't find anything to pair it up with and you can still order the game from them right now. I'm still pissed about this because a week later they put Neon Abyss on the site and I could have paired them up together.

I order single standard edition games nearly every purchase… so direct from LRG it’s always coming in a bubble mailer, and not some nice bubble mailer with big bubbles but those weakass ones with tiny bubbles that offer little protection. So not a negative for Amazon. My negative with them would be if there’s an EU release and Amazon opts to lump all the stock for a game into the same bin and instead of the ESRB version I get the PEGI one. That’s stopped me from ordering games from them except in the most extreme situations.
I probably order 80% of my standard edition games from Amazon and I have only ever had them send me a PEGI game twice and both times it was a huge release game like Call of Duty that I bought months after release when it was on sale and not a niche title. They replaced the game both times with the ESRB version immediately when I contacted them. How often was this happening to you that you stopped buying from them?

I probably order 80% of my standard edition games from Amazon and I have only ever had them send me a PEGI game twice and both times it was a huge release game like Call of Duty that I bought months after release when it was on sale and not a niche title. They replaced the game both times with the ESRB version immediately when I contacted them. How often was this happening to you that you stopped buying from them?
It happened once, when I bought Deadly Premonition 2 on Switch. That said, I have read a lot of other people complain about this same issue and it continues to be brought up (even in product reviews on Amazon). At least it's not as bad as those dealing with counterfeit memory cards on Amazon... or those games that show up with now cartridge in the package (I buy mostly Switch games). I hate hassle when buying games... give me what I ordered that was pictured with no hassle and minimal worries and we're good. I buy my retail releases mostly from either Best Buy or in person at Walmart (since everything at launch is already marked down). Short of that I'll consider other stores. For these distro games I'd 100% go with Amazon over LRG just for the over $25 free shipping difference and no huge delay in shipping. But just pointing out Amazon isn't perfect and I have my reservations about buying games (and memory cards, and am cautious of third party sellers.. etc) from them.

On a side note, I keep a very short list of games I'm waiting on sales for. Right now, there's nothing really on it unless I find a cheap Astral Chain or Miitopia drops to $25. But once the next Assassins creed (Ezio Collection) for the switch comes out and then drops to $20... I'll grab that. Most everything else I get near launch and be done with the hunt as more of my time was put in hunting game deals over playing them.

On a side note, I keep a very short list of games I'm waiting on sales for. Right now, there's nothing really on it unless I find a cheap Astral Chain or Miitopia drops to $25. But once the next Assassins creed (Ezio Collection) for the switch comes out and then drops to $20... I'll grab that. Most everything else I get near launch and be done with the hunt as more of my time was put in hunting game deals over playing them.
FYI. Games are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week. Not sure if that puts anything into the right price point for you :)

FYI. Games are Buy 2 Get 1 free at Target this week. Not sure if that puts anything into the right price point for you :)
Yeah, I checked them already for Astral Chain and it was a not available. Miitopia is more of a "nice to have" than a need as my oldest son bought it digitally so I could just continue my save from the demo that way. I made everyone characters from Lupin III... and it was hilarious, though a bit too casual of an experience to pay much for the physical. My collection right now is pretty much complete with just those couple oddities for random future consideration if I stumble on a sale too good to resist.... and Grandia Collection (Asia English version) which sometimes pops back up as something I might want though I've talked myself out of it plenty of times already.

The fact that they're shopping products out to other storefronts makes me think they're not getting the sales numbers that they're hoping to.

The fact that they're shopping products out to other storefronts makes me think they're not getting the sales numbers that they're hoping to.
There are only so many people that will buy a standard LRG release let alone the overpriced CE's. They need to get over this "pre order" only mentality to really go the next level. I get it with the games but even the merchandise? I just saw they had River City Girls plushes. I'd love to have them both, I will pay the 30 bucks each. I will NOT however pay 6+ months ahead of it or go on eBay and pay resell.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2, Double Dragon IV and the Command and Conquer CEs have been pushed into Best Buy stores in the past few weeks. They must have been online only before as this is the first I've seen of them since their street date 3 months ago.

Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2, Double Dragon IV and the Command and Conquer CEs have been pushed into Best Buy stores in the past few weeks. They must have been online only before as this is the first I've seen of them since their street date 3 months ago.
I saw a Bloodstained Curse of the Moon 2 today when I ran an errand and popped into Best Buy. Interesting.

There are only so many people that will buy a standard LRG release let alone the overpriced CE's. They need to get over this "pre order" only mentality to really go the next level. I get it with the games but even the merchandise? I just saw they had River City Girls plushes. I'd love to have them both, I will pay the 30 bucks each. I will NOT however pay 6+ months ahead of it or go on eBay and pay resell.
To an extent, I get it. Open pre-orders allow them to manufacture to demand rather than forecast demand. But at the same time, there are only so many concessions that customers are willing to make and only so many games that customers are willing to make those concessions for (outside of the handful of folks crazy enough to fullset their stuff). The customer experience keeps deteriorating, too - longer lead times, more expensive games, poorer quality control.

I really think the quantity over quality approach is going to be what bites them sooner or later; either that or they'll just become a standard games publisher without the limprint caveats.

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q2 2022:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q2 2022: 106 (43.3%)
  • Q1 2022: 102 (41.6%)
  • TBD: 28 (11.4%)
  • Q3 2022: 6 (2.4%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q3 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 1 (0.4%)
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 244 (89.1%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 28 (10.2%)
  • Pre-production: 2 (0.7%)

Estimated Ship Date changed to Q1 2022:Estimated Ship Date changed to Q2 2022:Titles by Estimated Ship Date:
  • Q1 2022: 108 (44.6%)
  • Q2 2022: 97 (40.1%)
  • TBD: 28 (11.6%)
  • Q3 2022: 6 (2.5%)
  • December 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q3 2021: 1 (0.4%)
  • Q4 2021: 1 (0.4%)
Titles by Production Status:
  • In Production: 240 (92.0%)
  • At LRG Warehouse: 18 (6.9%)
  • Pre-production: 3 (1.1%)

https://wiredproductions.com/game-news/a-statement-on-martha-is-dead/

It is with regret that we have had to modify the experience on the PS5 and PS4 versions, with some elements no longer playable. After over four years of passion and hard work, Developer LKA now requires extra time to make these unplanned changes. Martha Is Dead, as a result, will still launch digitally on both PS5 and PS4 on Thursday, February 24th, 2022, but the physical retail release will be delayed to a yet to be disclosed date; although we anticipate this to only be a small number of weeks. Our physical edition will still contain the bonus content of a double-sided poster, digital tarot cards and Martha Is Dead Digital EP. We will update players with the date we ship this edition as soon as we have the information.
The PC and Xbox versions of Martha Is Dead are both unaffected by these developments and will launch with the full unedited gameplay as planned.
Glad I didn't preorder the PS physicals!

Yeah, I saw that on Twitter as well. Do we know if that's the only thing being censored though? I expect we'll have to wait for a comparison video when the game's out to be entirely sure.

bread's done
Back