Limited Run Games Thread - Nothing is Limited, We Make Everything Now!

Squarehard

CAGiversary!
Feedback
182 (100%)
Please move all off-topic and non-game related discussion (such as reselling, or he who shall not be named) to the other thread below,

LRG Off-Topic Discussion Thread

---------------------------------------------------------

LRG is on Amazon now!

LRG Trading Thread - Miss a release? Trade with someone who might need a release you have.

Limited Run Games Store Fronthttps://limitedrungames.com/videogamedeals

Limited Run Games at Best Buyhttps://shop-links.co/chgcByJn9wg

Holiday 2022 LRG Releases at Best Buyhttps://cag.vg/lrg

Props to Cheapy for keeping the OP updated. :3

Last edited:
So they changed their name to Pre-Ordered Run Games for this week?

[emoji481]

Nothing limited about unlimited preorders.

Swing....infield single
Well you have an easy solution to your woes; just stop buying LRG games. I'm sure they won't miss your meagre purchases, and it leaves room for someone else who might actually appreciate them.

I'd say a 14 day ordering period is pretty limited.
I see the argument against set #s vs pre-orders but it's a reasonably small window. As long as they don't do what Gaijinworks did with Coh 2G, I'm cool.

In other words, the Cubs won and I think I also hammered out a decent deal for B&C (the bundle but mainly just wanted B&C). Kinda hesitant to celebrate until I actually have the game in hand but... *fingers cross*

Sorry if this has already been brought up but have they said if you will get charged the full amount at the time of preorder or when it ships?

Time of preorder. They said there isn't a system in place for them to charge later because they haven't done many preorders. Makes sense too when you're making something to order to charge first. It's different when they're making a bazillion copies anyway, but if they're making #3025 specially for you, then you should have to pay first. 

I prefer that anyway. I hate forgetting something I ordered just randomly coming through a week before it's supposed to ship. Or god forbid those recurring random holds to make sure you have the funds. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, same here. For a trustworthy company like LRG, I don't mind paying upfront, as it's actually better. But for some of these places that aren't as good, I would rather pay once an item is available.

Ordered Skull Girls. I am worried about Volume on Friday though, I'll be on vacation and out of the states without internet access. I've gotta entrust someone to order Volume for me and I don't have much faith in them getting in on time....

Gonna pass on Skullgirls.  The games are digital cross-buy for $25.  I don't like being forced to buy bundled items along with the jacked up price for the game.   If I was a huge Skullgirls fan already... I could see that happening... but it's hard to causally purchase this.  I have a hard time believing this will sell more than 5K copies across all 3 variations (Vita, PS4, Bundle).

As for charging at time of purchase for a pre-order, I actually prefer it that way for random small sites like this.  For Amazon, I'm glad they don't charge until shipping since I could benefit from a price match or drop or something before a game comes out.  Plus they have much better systems to go in and change an order before it ships.

Ack! To get the bundle or pay the extra $5 for another soundtrack & booklet? Decisions, decisions. :lol:
Easy decision, buy one of each instead of the bundle. The bundle is no savings at all considering you only get one soundtrack and one booklet instead of two of each.

Easy decision, buy one of each instead of the bundle. The bundle is no savings at all considering you only get one soundtrack and one booklet instead of two of each.
Yeah I know I should, but the booklet & soundtrack really aren't that important to me. Especially if the that cannot make the booklet vita size so it can go into the case. Plus I need to stretch every dollar as I've spent way too much on games this month. That and I'm running out of room to put all this stuff. :lol:

Gonna pass on Skullgirls. The games are digital cross-buy for $25. I don't like being forced to buy bundled items along with the jacked up price for the game. If I was a huge Skullgirls fan already... I could see that happening... but it's hard to causally purchase this. I have a hard time believing this will sell more than 5K copies across all 3 variations (Vita, PS4, Bundle).

As for charging at time of purchase for a pre-order, I actually prefer it that way for random small sites like this. For Amazon, I'm glad they don't charge until shipping since I could benefit from a price match or drop or something before a game comes out. Plus they have much better systems to go in and change an order before it ships.
I honestly thought about that too, but I ended up ordering a copy of it for Vita anyway thinking I'd regret it later if I didn't. I may end up regretting ordering it in general though since it's a pre-order I imagine they will have more copies printed than usual.

Pretty pumped about Skullgirls. I can't afford both though, so gonna have to decide between PS4 and Vita. I play my PS4 alot more so that probably better warrants the purchase, but I know the Vita copy will sell out faster and end up being more collectible. 

It won't sell out bud, it's an open pre-order.

I'd say ps4 makes more sense for people into fighting games. Better controller than the vita.

Lmao I canno afford skullgirls and seeing as its not my cup of tea im passing it up and saving my dough for ps vita volume =)big bithel fan! Love his work TG I never played the digital version of volume it will be a new experience for me. Also cannot wait for odd world as well =). Too whoever said games after breach and clear dont go above 85 thats a lie I saw odd world odysse for 100 used and up

I pre-ordered the PS4 copy of Skullgirls. I don't feel compelled to acquire a complete Vita collection, and Skullgirls is a fighting game, after all. While I have no doubt that it would be fun on the Vita, it's much harder to get local 2-player going on the Vita. For me, fighting games are always at their best when two people are playing on the same screen, in the same place. So the PS4 version was an easy compromise for me.

So since they are going to be numbered, as a collector would it be better to just make orders for both the PS4 and Vita version instead of the bundle?

Did anyone confirm if they charge now or at time of shipment?
It says on the preorder page that you'll be charged when you order.

I would have tried to bundle Skull Girls with Volume on Friday to save on shipping, but I'm too lazy to have to frantically add them both to my cart at once.

I am starting to think I don't want Skull Girls on Vita now. Is it hard to cancel an order with LRG? I assume you'd just contact customer support to have that taken care of. I only ordered the game for collection purposes, but with it being a pre-order deal I don't know how rare it will actually be in comparison to other LRG games and I definitely don't care about the soundtrack or art book that drive the price up to $40. Nothing wrong with Skull Girls, but if I want to play the game I'd just get it on PS4 so I can play multiplayer with my friends.

It says on the preorder page that you'll be charged when you order.

I would have tried to bundle Skull Girls with Volume on Friday to save on shipping, but I'm too lazy to have to frantically add them both to my cart at once.
Just add Skullgirls to your cart 5 minutes before Volume goes on sale. They both aren't going live at the same time.

I am starting to think I don't want Skull Girls on Vita now. Is it hard to cancel an order with LRG? I assume you'd just contact customer support to have that taken care of. I only ordered the game for collection purposes, but with it being a pre-order deal I don't know how rare it will actually be in comparison to other LRG games and I definitely don't care about the soundtrack or art book that drive the price up to $40. Nothing wrong with Skull Girls, but if I want to play the game I'd just get it on PS4 so I can play multiplayer with my friends.
Wait until the end and decide. Right now it's easily the rarest so far. They'll sell more by the end, but looking at the sold numbers this is gonna be pretty uncommon still.

And look at the collectibility of fighting games. Look at some of the ps1 and Saturn vs games and you'll see what I mean.

I might be wrong here but I don't think you can cancel orders at LRG, either in stock items or pre-orders. They're not a major distributor/publisher... they're a fairly small run operation. If people bought/returned games just b/c they couldn't a profit on them, then LRG couldn't do what they're doing.

Wait until the end and decide. Right now it's easily the rarest so far. They'll sell more by the end, but looking at the sold numbers this is gonna be pretty uncommon still.

And look at the collectibility of fighting games. Look at some of the ps1 and Saturn vs games and you'll see what I mean.
All speculation but I don't think Skullgirls will ever hit that level of collect-ability. I mean, I feel like a lot of those expensive PS1/Sat games were some of the best of the genre and from a time when the genre was at its peak (in terms of quality and popularity). I'm shocked at the prices of some of those games but there are plenty of great games from that era that aren't worth much. I know Skullgirls has a fairly large following, so there's always potential there, but most people that buy this will likely buy the physical release of SGs for the sole purpose of collecting (vs people who bought games in the past to play- and subsequently ripped open the packages and threw out the cases/manuals).

Pretty sure you can cancel orders with LRG
Their FAQ didn't mention anything about cancelling orders but I am likely wrong, b/c at the very least, they may accept returns so they probably do cancel orders. Seems like it could be a problem for them but maybe not if they allow returns.

What is your Return and Exchange policy?

You may ask for a return or exchange within 30 days of delivery. Every request will be looked at on a per case basis however and is not guaranteed. Returns are subject to a 15% re-stocking fee.

I'm willing to bet it will become one of our most expensive and sought after releases. As predicted it seems like speculators and resellers are sitting out. That means copies are going to "forever homes" and won't end up on eBay or the secondary market. Those that do will command a high price and suddenly everyone that doesn't want it now will want it then. I've seen that same story a hundred times before over the last decade with other items on CAG.

If you care about rarity, don't cancel your order. I know I own the company and have everything to benefit from you not canceling, but I'm being honest here. With a strong lack of resellers and speculators this has a high chance of being very sought after.

I might be wrong here but I don't think you can cancel orders at LRG, either in stock items or pre-orders. They're not a major distributor/publisher... they're a fairly small run operation. If people bought/returned games just b/c they couldn't a profit on them, then LRG couldn't do what they're doing.

All speculation but I don't think Skullgirls will ever hit that level of collect-ability. I mean, I feel like a lot of those expensive PS1/Sat games were some of the best of the genre and from a time when the genre was at its peak (in terms of quality and popularity). I'm shocked at the prices of some of those games but there are plenty of great games from that era that aren't worth much. I know Skullgirls has a fairly large following, so there's always potential there, but most people that buy this will likely buy the physical release of SGs for the sole purpose of collecting (vs people who bought games in the past to play- and subsequently ripped open the packages and threw out the cases/manuals).
I don't necessarily agree with this. Skullgirls is in rotation at EVO, there are dedicated fans of this game that are crazy for it. When PSN shuts down and you can no longer freely download the game, this will be one that people seek out for a variety of reasons. I think we're easily going to see $70+ prices on this out the gate and those will jump drastically as copies quickly dry up.

Gonna pass on Skullgirls. The games are digital cross-buy for $25. I don't like being forced to buy bundled items along with the jacked up price for the game. If I was a huge Skullgirls fan already... I could see that happening... but it's hard to causally purchase this. I have a hard time believing this will sell more than 5K copies across all 3 variations (Vita, PS4, Bundle).
We're already at 4,000 units sold in total. We'll likely cross 6,000 or 7,000 by Friday evening. Whether we can cross 10,000 remains to be seen.

In any case, I maintain that this will be one of our rarest releases in terms of available copies on the secondary market. I firmly believe that most of this are being sold into permanent collections.

Any chance we'll find out what the other Nov. releases are before Friday? I'm on the fence about both Volume and Skullgirls, and knowing what else was in the pipe for this month would really help me make the decision on them. 

I'm willing to bet that the market for Skullgirls will be cornered again just like what that guy did with Breach and Clear

does the mad catz tes+ work with skullgirls?

might get it on ps4. going on vacation this wednesday and have watch my spending. if it's still available when i get back (november 11) i will definitely get it.

I'm willing to bet that the market for Skullgirls will be cornered again just like what that guy did with Breach and Clear
What did the guy do with breach and clear?
He didn't really corner the market, but it was a former employee who worked for Mighty Rabbit, and it was during a time when they couldn't pay the guy, so instead they just gave him boxes of Breach & Clear as payment.

Of course, they had no idea the value was going to skyrocket like that, so the employee got paid pretty damn well in the end, lol.

I'm willing to bet it will become one of our most expensive and sought after releases. As predicted it seems like speculators and resellers are sitting out. That means copies are going to "forever homes" and won't end up on eBay or the secondary market. Those that do will command a high price and suddenly everyone that doesn't want it now will want it then. I've seen that same story a hundred times before over the last decade with other items on CAG.

If you care about rarity, don't cancel your order. I know I own the company and have everything to benefit from you not canceling, but I'm being honest here. With a strong lack of resellers and speculators this has a high chance of being very sought after.
Thanks for this. I think I am going to keep my pre-order, I have no plans to flip the game and without it I'll be missing another Vita release, so far Breach and Clear is the only one I've missed out on and I know I will later regret it if I don't get it. I just have to find a reliable person to order Volume for me while on vacation, I won't have internet access when it goes on sale Friday.

He didn't really corner the market, but it was a former employee who worked for Mighty Rabbit, and it was during a time when they couldn't pay the guy, so instead they just gave him boxes of Breach & Clear as payment.

Of course, they had no idea the value was going to skyrocket like that, so the employee got paid pretty damn well in the end, lol.
I think they're referring to the other guy on eBay who bought up copies from everyone else when they were $40 and seemingly has an endless supply (though he may be out of them at this point).

We're not really having anyone buy tons of Skullgirls at once - all of the orders have been for one or two copies. Nothing wild. I honestly do not believe many of these will make it to eBay and people will regret not buying it in hindsight when the values are absurd.

This is really fun to watch and be an indirect part of BTW. It's something that hasn't really happened on a large scale in the gaming industry and every release has me guessing and wondering what will happen.

I can't wait to see where all this is after a few years. It's a cool thing to observe. I mean I'm sure it's constantly a little scary for you guys, but as an outside supporter it's pretty fascinating.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone wrote a paper on this someday. It's pretty rare you get to watch a new concept evolve right from the beginning. I'm not a statistical nerd by any measure but I'm sure someone somewhere is super excited about all this haha.

Basically he bought every copy of breach and clear on ebay and flipped them

Edit: slowpoke.jpg

How is this a better buy?  A meager $5 saving but with one CD less?

https://www.limitedrungames.com/collections/games/products/preorder-skullgirls-2nd-encore-ps4-vita?variant=30783673603

If you're planning to buy both, PS4 and Vita, like I am, isn't it a better deal to buy them separately than the combined bundle?  Yes, it's $5 more, but you're getting two music CD with jewel case (which worth $15 using the LRG price point).  I think the bundle should be $14.99 less, it's fair price that way.

I agree the pricing isn't the best, but I really don't need two CD's so I guess saving $5 it is. :p I ordered in the first minute they went up, so canceling and reordering each individually would presumably mess up the numbering. I don't think I'll ever sell the copies, so I think I'm fine with just one CD.

Put my preorder in.  I ended up going with the bundle too.  I know it only saved 5 bucks, but November is going to be murder on my wallet.

Yeah the bundle should definitely be at least $10 off. I think this is the first time their pricing has irked me.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using TapaTalk.

Yeah the bundle should definitely be at least $10 off. I think this is the first time their pricing has irked me.

Sent from my ZTE Axon 7 using TapaTalk.
Nah you're looking at it the wrong way. The $5 off the bundle is just a bonus for people who might prefer a discount. You're free to buy the individual games for $40 apiece, or not buy anything at all. The discount is a bonus, not "it should cost even less".

Doomstink already explained the reasoning behind the pricing in a previous post. The games were going to cost $35 apiece no matter what, so they found a way to add some value to that.

Nah you're looking at it the wrong way. The $5 off the bundle is just a bonus for people who might prefer a discount. You're free to buy the individual games for $40 apiece, or not buy anything at all. The discount is a bonus, not "it should cost even less".

Doomstink already explained the reasoning behind the pricing in a previous post. The games were going to cost $35 apiece no matter what, so they found a way to add some value to that.
I think he's right. $5 off of $80 seems like it would be a normal small discount there just to encourage people to buy both versions.

When you're removing items that you would get from the separate versions, then I think it should have a more significant discount. $69.99 would've been good, IMO.

bread's done
Back